Whelan - ruined by injury

White - totally one dimensional

Yze - past his prime

Bode - a late developer

Bruce - the major disappointment

Davey - a wasted year

Yze - past his prime

WERE UNFIT ALL THE BLOODY YEAR!!!

Injury curtailed development for Frawley?

Injury stuffed it for everyone, I really liked your 3 word player reviews.

But what you have said about Bruce is sooo stupid, so other guys can get the injury line but he can't?

If it isn't obvious he was playing hurt all year then get your eyes checked.

Bell - made gradual gains

McDonald - overworked and ageing

Newton - exciting but frustrating

Bode - a late developer

Totally disagree with all of these.

.Bell really stepped up this year and beat his opponent in most games

.Bruce was playing injured for the second half of the year and in the first half of the year he was one of our best players when we were losing every game. His kicking is well below average but the bloke tried his heart out.

.McDonald had a very consistent year winning 20 possessions or more in all but 4 games and he sure is getting older but he is getting better each year.

Juice had a great start to his career this year. Occasionally he might frustrate you but there are more players who play for the club who frustrate me even more (i.e) Godfrey. But its only his first year and the only way is up.

Its pretty obvious that Bode was a late developer (you could also say that newton,buckley)but the whole point in giving a player review is to sum up how they played during the year.

But the rest of the reviews were correct IMO

Bate - second year blues

Bell - made gradual gains

Buckley - little to enthuse

Sylvia - never gained momentum

You have actually done a surprisingly good job Joeboy considering ur trying to sum up an entire season in 3 words...

apart from these 5 i agree with everything else.

Bate: completely incorrect assessment of his year. Bate began the first 3-4 rounds this season looking slow and out of his depth playing on the wing and HFF. Since he was moved to CHF or the leading HFF role he has developed his game outstandingly well. he has shown this season that he has sticky hands, a great motor, works his butt off, has a good goal sense and a booming left foot. What has impressed me most is that unlike Miller who plays CHF, Bate has a good footy brain and knows what to do with the ball when he's got it (and not just wildly handpass it off ala Miller.) He had a good season all things considered and continued his development nicely. Cant believe this guy is only 20. manchild!

Bell: Your assessment does not give justification to Bell's season. he came out of the wilderness of sorts and was a shining light for me all season. he should 100% come top 5 in the B&F this year, thought defenders tend to get left out of votes sometimes. he was hard at it, showed he has courage, a solid mark and good run from defense. what i liked most is that we finally found a defender who can get a punch in!!! thank god! anyone remember queens bday game...he was consistent this season and is now an important part of the defense and a definite starting 18.

Bruce: i kinda agree. if his kicks were as damaging as buckley or kerr he would be a superstar...but alas he isnt...he really didnt have such a bad year, its just i always hoped hed step up a level and beome an AA midfielder. he neva will be...

Buckley: for me he showed promise. has pace to burn and is 190cm. he can get the footy and uses it ok. could become a footballer. he should have gotten more gametime in the last 8 weeks to fast-track his development but Riley is a knobjockey.

Sylvia: again, i kinda agree...but your assessment fails to recognize that he made big steps forward this year. bc he had zero preseason he had to play HFF the whole season bcof lack of fitness. he showed that he has an outstanding overhead mark, a good kick and surprisingly good pace. developed really well this season and with a full preseason i see him as a starting midfielder

Miller - on your bike

Yze - unwilling to contribute

Jamar - The stats king (I'd love to know his average stat's per game, but can't be more than 1 or 2)

Holland - Easter Island becons

Ward - Moonee Valley awaits

Silvia - less late nights

Ferguson - or (was it) Kate Ritchie?

6.2 per game for jamar (10 games)

3rd lowest bartram 5 (1 game)

garland 4.5 (2 games)

Cheers for your weekly opinion efforts Joeboy.....

And I know that this year could not have been all that fun :P !!!

joeboy i know its hard to describe 3 words for one season but i think u more often than not to a pretty bad job..

bell bruce bizzel davey pj newton mclean yze and bode 3 word description is worth rethinking in my opinion

i would like to hear your three words out of interest...

when i get a moment i'll try and do mine.

Joeboy - Overall good year.

Don't always agree but enjoyable.

Bate - will be better

Bell - our best defender

Bruce - great bar kicking

P. Johnson - a 2nd ruck

Pickett - Retired. Thank god

Sylvia - prove urself boy.

Wheatley - Nice left foot

If Bruce was injured all year or not, it still doesn't mean his season wasn't disappointing.

It's not the MAJOR disapointment!!!!!

They were all hurt, they were all disapointing, he was not the one true MAJOR disapointment.

It's not the MAJOR disapointment!!!!!

They were all hurt, they were all disapointing, he was not the one true MAJOR disapointment.

IMO as the premier player in the team ,his absence from the team through injury , or even when playing encumbered by injury , his lack of imput was the single 'major disappoinment ' in the year .

Guest The Tiger Of Old
IMO as the premier player in the team ,his absence from the team through injury , or even when playing encumbered by injury , his lack of imput was the single 'major disappoinment ' in the year .

Alright...

What your saying is;

Cameron Bruce's injury was a disappointment.

No him in general.

Right?

I hope you say yes...

Alright...

What your saying is;

Cameron Bruce's injury was a disappointment.

No him in general.

Right?

I hope you say yes...

Almost .

What I am saying is the effect of his being unable to contribute @ 100% capacity was " the major disappoinment "

Guest The Tiger Of Old
Almost .

What I am saying is the effect of his being unable to contribute @ 100% capacity was " the major disappoinment "

But that's due to his injury yes?????

BTW - 100th post - Great effort for me!

joeboy i know its hard to describe 3 words for one season but i think u more often than not to a pretty bad job..

bell bruce bizzel davey pj newton mclean yze and bode 3 word description is worth rethinking in my opinion

i would like to hear your three words out of interest...

when i get a moment i'll try and do mine.

i am not overly harsh on joeyboy becaus like i said its hard to describe a peformance in 3 words... maybe next year he should do it in one sentence or somthin...

but for wat its worth

bizzel has a good enough year to earn some respect and go out with some dignity

bell was easily our most improved player.... faded slightly towards the end.... due to many other factors

daveys year was riddled with highs and lows... when u look back u can see that he had some great games ... but also some very poor... i think his season is overlooked to much because he was suspended seems to has left a stigma surroundin him

pj took alot bigger steps that jamar did last year.... and i was happy with most of his season like bell faded towards the end of the year

mclean... lets be nice... he had a terrible season.... expectations high .... peformance low, injury or not if anyone wasted a year it was brock

yze- well he played how many games? injuries dont get an excuse for him.... coz he is out of favour with some supporters? he under performed with the limited games he had.

bruce- our highest ranked player in champion data. check herald sun today.. as per usual would have led us in every stat if it wasnt for injuries...... and yes prob did lead in clanger kicks too... but one has to beg the question do the amount of kicks a player has and the number of clanger kicks have a direct relationship? i would think so

bode- i am very happpy with his performance... considering he played wat 4 games? kicked a few nice goals... and probly unlucky he didnt kick us the winner against the pies a few weeks ago