A key forward short

71 Molloy

Just thinking about the performance tonight and think we really needed a tall who could take a mark inside 50.

Just wondering if there is any young players with solid recent perfomances at Sandy who may have been able to help us out in that regard?

Just thinking about the performance tonight and think we really needed a tall who could take a mark inside 50.

Just wondering if there is any young players with solid recent perfomances at Sandy who may have been able to help us out in that regard?

not sure....garland is a key forward isn't he....or dunn...is miller still injured..other than that..not really

I am sure Einstein must have at least heard of Newton, but then ND aint Einstein is he!

Went to the game, and YES, we were a tall short up forward.

Why on earth Daniher plays Yze, who is past his best football, over Newton, who may well take this club somewhere is beyond a joke. ND cut his own throat tonight.

Yze has been a good servant to this club, but there comes a time when you need to believe in youth and give them a run (especially when you have 2 wins for the year and have 0% chance to make the finals).

It will never be known what Newton would have done. The more he does not play the better he seems to become.

However given how bad our midfield and backline were in the first half its largely a what if and I dont think Newton could cover 2 ends of the ground.

But I just cant believe we went in so short on the forward line with that front runner Yze. We already had Sylvia down there and were playing rather short up forward with Bate and Robbo.

Why didn't we play either one of White, PJ or Holland permanently up forward in the first quarter?

It will never be known what Newton would have done. The more he does not play the better he seems to become.

i don't care if he came out of the game with doughnuts....at least give the guy a go and see what he can do....

Why didn't we play either one of White, PJ or Holland permanently up forward in the first quarter?

We did, we played PJ up forward. He did alright, but was leading too far up the ground and getting kicks on the wing. There was just no structure about our forward line at all.

i don't care if he came out of the game with doughnuts....at least give the guy a go and see what he can do....

Spot on D2, no one thinks he'll be an instant champion but there are currently no players capable of replacing Neitz who has game experience.

I agree with the "becoming better" without playing part there Rhino but.......

At the very least he would have given us a tall option inside fifty.

There were times tonight when didn't seem to be any, especially in the first half.

However given how bad our midfield and backline were in the first half its largely a what if and I dont think Newton could cover 2 ends of the ground.

But I just cant believe we went in so short on the forward line with that front runner Yze. We already had Sylvia down there and were playing rather short up forward with Bate and Robbo.

And you are definitely right here Rhino......

The midfield were comprehensively beaten, and we started with no tall marking forwards.

Why we went in like this, with our match ups all over the place, is a question for the ages......

Went to the game, and YES, we were a tall short up forward.

quote]

The coach is a bloody farmer FCS - it is said he didn't debut Newton because it was going to rain. Any decent farmer knows when it will rain.

And anyway - I well remember Dunn's very impressive debut in the rain on a Friday night at what was then our fortress, the G.

just another example of his playing favourites and bugger the future.

Newton would have made no difference to the results tonight, but then you made the comment that selecting Yze ahead of him, or Dunn or Miller (could have gone on to Richo?) was a pathetic, uninspired move (Ok, I've twisted your words a bit there, but the point is the same). In fact, it was the move of a coach with very little guts to just go forward and try something new. The season is shot, it was shot long before tonight, and long before we beat Adelaide. And yet nothing, absolutely nothing changes.

Well now that we absolutely cannot make finals, I want to see Newton, Dunn, Buckley get a game. Don't care how mentally ready they are. This is football, it's a tough game and if you can't hack it, go home.

As for trying PJ up forward, they did, and he still can't mark. I find that it is actually a big problem when someone the size of King Kong can't extend his hands and grab the ball. Will never make it as a forward, never ever.

EDIT: I've been egged on to share it.

I hear, from a very worthy source, Newton is the biggest smart arse down at the club.. and not by any stretch of the imagination Mr. Popular.

And, as I said to my egger-on-erer, we all know Neale has his favourites and his very least favourites...

I hear, from a very worthy source, Newton is the biggest smart arse down at the club.. and not by any stretch of the imagination Mr. Popular.

And, as I said to my egger-on-erer, we all know Neale has his favourites and his very least favourites...

I heard Nathan Brown is a smart arse too.(The Richmond one that is)

I heard that this is not Big Brother.

If he is a smart arse, if he is a tool, if he has issues... I don't care. If he can play football, I care.

This is not a personality contest, it is a 'how well can you mark and kick and chase' contest.

Plenty of smart arses have played the game before Netwon very successfully. In fact, some of the best players in the history of the game have been slightly less than perfect. Who the hell cares?

This should be about his ability. If he has some, then he should get a game. Especially since many players in our side, who I'm sure are lovely people, have none.

I think our forward line is too good for Newton to get a game, I mean where could you squeeze him into a lineup like tonight (heavy sarcasm), maybe next year (if he does not get fedup and go to another club first !, could not blame him)

I heard Nathan Brown is a smart arse too.(The Richmond one that is)

Has backed up his mouth though ;) !!!

I heard that this is not Big Brother.

If he is a smart arse, if he is a tool, if he has issues... I don't care. If he can play football, I care.

This is not a personality contest, it is a 'how well can you mark and kick and chase' contest.

Plenty of smart arses have played the game before Netwon very successfully. In fact, some of the best players in the history of the game have been slightly less than perfect. Who the hell cares?

This should be about his ability. If he has some, then he should get a game. Especially since many players in our side, who I'm sure are lovely people, have none.

IMO the only smart arses are the people who won't select a young kid who seems to be firing every week at Sandringham and they do select a bloke whose been out injured for three weeks and clearly not ready to come back.