Pettard vs. Gibbs

gibbs will become an average player. no doubt.

Seriously, how the bloody hell would you, or anyone else in here, possibly know that?

It is way to soon to tell what any of the players who were drafted last year will become.

So maybe we could give them both more than a dozen games to prove their worth, and wait to pass judgement on either of them.......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, how the bloody hell would you, or anyone else in here, possibly know that?

It is way to soon to tell what any of the players who were drafted last year will become.

So maybe we could give them both more than a dozen games to prove their worth, and wait to pass judgement on either of them.......

I 100% agree with you QC

Oh I know you weren't passing any judgment Jezza......

Its just that after half a year of footy it is just ridiculous to say with any great certainty what either will become.

And I simply don't see the point.

Oh I know you weren't passing any judgment Jezza......

Its just that after half a year of footy it is just ridiculous to say with any great certainty what either will become.

And I simply don't see the point.

Unless you're 1-9 and looking for a bright spot in a pretty shocking season...

Looks like an awesome pick 30 though B)

Of course Petterd is a bright spot, no-one is saying otherwise......

But to say he will be better, or worse, or whatever than another kid is massively premature.

But this is just my opinion :) !!!

What I want to know is, why hasn't Jonesy been nominated yet?

We know he is still eligible, and he's had some really standout games this year. If a nomination doesn't come soon, I won't be happy!

he was nominated last year after the kangas game

I don't really know what more Ricky has to do for you St. Jon. Show me another 1st year player who averages 18 possessions a game in his first 5 games. And don't tell me that they are simple outside receives or little run round behind gimmes. And he certain hasn't been playing in a team that is flying. And two of his five games have been against Grand Finalists from last year. Not easy competition.

to add to that he was also dropping into the hole in front of barry hall in his first game. that side of a footballers game can't be developed, you either have it or you don't. i was as much impressed about that as i have been the amount of times he gets the pill.

You are losing any credibility you may still have.

No credibility?

Then why do some members of the MFC coaching staff come to me for advice?

Food for thought....

Honestly YM if that is true, then our club is a disgrace...

i like ur posting because they spark conversation and are ussually pretty funny. i usually just assume you say things to play devil's advocate...but come on...surely not

Guest redandbluethruandthru

Gibbs is nothing but a Bee Gee and he'll be lucky if he's "Staying Alive Stayin Alive uh uh uh uh Staying Alive"

Then why do some members of the MFC coaching staff come to me for advice?

Gold... :lol:

Have you changed phone numbers this year YM, and the MFC FD cant get hold of you? that would explain why we are 1-9

Gibbs is nothing but a Bee Gee and he'll be lucky if he's "Staying Alive Stayin Alive uh uh uh uh Staying Alive"

I'm not even sure of what to say here???

would have gibbs at the MFC in a flash. will be a gun. so too will petterd.

I know, I was talking about this season.

He is still eligible, and I wanna see him recognised for his good work by getting nominated again.

I guarantee you he won't get nominated this year for one of two reasons:

1) They've totally forgotten the rule and just assume Jones played 10-15 games last year. Remember there are a ton of players out there, and their not going to automatically register that "Oh yeah, Jones played 8 games last year".

OR

2) They know precisely that Jones played under 10 games last year but deem it unfair that he should be nominated twice...even though the rules state he can.

He really should've been nominated after the Port game or even last week V Adelaide.

As for the Gibbs discussion, I think Yze_Magic's been reading too much Big Footy :rolleyes:

What I want to know is, why hasn't Jonesy been nominated yet?

We know he is still eligible, and he's had some really standout games this year. If a nomination doesn't come soon, I won't be happy!

Anyone have Ricky's odds of winning the whole thing?

As for Gibbs, he is as arrogant as they come and has his head so far up his proverbial, he'd give Nathan Buckley a run for his money. Will certainly be a player though.

Nathan has been unlucky in that his better performances have co-incided with stand-outs. As I recall Darwin Sportsbet still had Petterd paying $30 last time I looked.

I guarantee you he won't get nominated this year for one of two reasons:

1) They've totally forgotten the rule and just assume Jones played 10-15 games last year. Remember there are a ton of players out there, and their not going to automatically register that "Oh yeah, Jones played 8 games last year".

OR

2) They know precisely that Jones played under 10 games last year but deem it unfair that he should be nominated twice...even though the rules state he can.

He really should've been nominated after the Port game or even last week V Adelaide.

As for the Gibbs discussion, I think Yze_Magic's been reading too much Big Footy :rolleyes:

I guarantee you that he'll be nominated within the next month. As the year rolls by succeeding nominations naturally limit the field. By rounds 16-22 you'll be getting nominations with no realistic chance of even getting a vote.

YM, are the club officials still talking to you when you wake up?

I have something for that, just 'PM' me.

I guarantee you that he'll be nominated within the next month. As the year rolls by succeeding nominations naturally limit the field. By rounds 16-22 you'll be getting nominations with no realistic chance of even getting a vote.

what players have been nominated twice?