Queensland AFL Origin Team

WonnaJurah

id love for this to hasppen ,as qld dont want an allies side ,with there arch rival nsw

in the side as picked by the paper features 3 dees , miller and pettrd and bizz emergency and coach as micheal voss, id like to see that happen if it does

bring on SOO

No offense mate, but if you are having Miller, Petterd, and Bizzell in a rep side then questions have to be asked. Perhaps if Queensland allied with NT and NSW with Tassie.

Just a thought.

'Allies' team was the worst thing about SOO football. Why would blokes from those states want to play?

Would be better with each state going it alone, and perhaps having divisions like u/18 championships to make sure games are competitive.

vic vs SA

qland/tas vs wa/NT/nsw

play them the weekend before the season starts. vic vs sa at the g. the other game either in syd or qland, depends where the afl wants to develop most (although tas deserves it the most because they actually like footy).

the nab cup finishes a week before the season any way...

the games could be played satruday arvo at the g then sat night in syd. vic fans will turn up no matter what, nsw fans will like the night spectacle. do a delayed start ie 240 so it finishes 515-530 then start the other one early, 640 and have an hour off in between. tv ratings would be awesome. the fans would love it.

give the fans something they want for a change afl!

What was the full team?

B D.Pratt M Micheal A Raines

'

HB M.Hudgton S Gilbert R Copeland

c c Stiller R Pettrd D Armitage

HF B Miller N Riewoldt Akka

F C Dempsey J Charman j Drummond

Foll B Hudson M Hahn S Harding

INT D Hale D Merrett B Renouf D Lillico (AFLQ

Emerg Bizzel B Moran T Wiliams B Voss

Coach Voss CVapt Riewoldt

Pretty weak team. Petterd in the middle after three games? I rate him, but :blink:

Miller on a flank isn't terrible - if people thought about him in that way instead of expecting him to be a CHF he might not get as much criticism. Still shows the (lack of) depth in a QLD side.

Interesting to see Lillico named.

That team wouldn't even beat Melbourne!

If SOO is gonna take off it has to be popular straight away.

The AFL won't go for it but next year it should be SA v Victoria and Tasmania v WA.

Start with the traditional football states. The AFL could then look to introducing NSW and Queensland teams in later years.

Deanox, why would a proud state like WA go for playing in a mixed team with NSW?

Just a question.. We have state of origin being proposed for the mid-season break or as a pre-season comp, but why can't it be played at the end of the season? I know people would like to finish the year with the cilmax of the grand final, but who's to say the state of origin couldn't become soemthing similar?

It just seems with the injury concerns it's the most sensible option, it would also reward the representing players for a full season of good form. As for the football public, it would give people who's team wasn't in the finals something to look forward to.

Just a question.. We have state of origin being proposed for the mid-season break or as a pre-season comp, but why can't it be played at the end of the season? I know people would like to finish the year with the cilmax of the grand final, but who's to say the state of origin couldn't become soemthing similar?

It just seems with the injury concerns it's the most sensible option, it would also reward the representing players for a full season of good form. As for the football public, it would give people who's team wasn't in the finals something to look forward to.

Agree roulette.

I've posted it before but I'd like to see the season like this...

4 weeks NAB Cup, Premiership season and finals, week off, state of origin, week off, 2 weeks international rules.

It's off the topic but I think the AFL needs to take the initiative with International rules. The Irish will not be keen if things continue like last year.

The AFL should pay for the Irish team to come tour. They should play two games in Melbourne (the new rectangular stadium would be a great venue) every year. Forget this tour of Ireland junk. Its just Aussie players on the [censored]. Keep it as professional as possible.

How about three divisions with promotion/relegation.

Div 1. Vic v SA

Div 2. WA v Tas

Div 3: Qld/NT v Nsw/ACT

winner of each game goes up a division and the loser down one for the match the next season

Would give 3 games a year over a carnival weekend. Friday night Sat night and Sunday arvo games.

Surley the coaches would prefer just the one game a year rather then two.

Like the relegation promotion idea, I think the AFL should listen to the players in regards to when it's played as it is them that play, After week 7 seems most appropriate IMO

B D.Pratt M Micheal A Raines

'

HB M.Hudgton S Gilbert R Copeland

c c Stiller R Pettrd D Armitage

HF B Miller N Riewoldt Akka

F C Dempsey J Charman j Drummond

Foll B Hudson M Hahn S Harding

INT D Hale D Merrett B Renouf D Lillico (AFLQ

Emerg Bizzel B Moran T Wiliams B Voss

Coach Voss CVapt Riewoldt

The funniest thing about that side is the players that missed out. How would you feel if you were a Queenslander who couldn't even make the 22?! Getting beaten on the ground by Petterd and Armitage, on the bench by Merrett and Renouf who hasn't played a game, and Bizzell in emergencies. What did poor old Brett Voss do wrong?!

That's what I was thinking DD. Brett Voss should be a walk up start to that 22.

I like kieranbj's idea of the divisions, it's a good one. The Allies idea was the biggest crock I'd ever seen. I certainly didn't feel represented by that side.