Time to go Goody?

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Very similar to the mess that Chris Fagan walked into when he took on the Brisbane gig.

Honestly if you think the situation at Melbourne is a 'similar mess' to the death spiral which Fagan dragged Brisbane out of, you've lost touch with reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is there any truth to the rumours in your opinion that goodie will be leaving after the reviews completion? A few people are saying that including a source reporting to fox sports. Do you reckon this is actually a likely thing that will happen behind the scenes?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, neolightveo said:

Is there any truth to the rumours in your opinion that goodie will be leaving after the reviews completion? A few people are saying that including a source reporting to fox sports. Do you reckon this is actually a likely thing that will happen behind the scenes?

There’s all sorts of rumours, one was doing the rounds last week that the B & F was going to be his last night as coach and it was to come with an announcement of Goody stepping down. Seems like that one missed.

• Clap 1

10 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

There’s all sorts of rumours, one was doing the rounds last week that the B & F was going to be his last night as coach and it was to come with an announcement of Goody stepping down. Seems like that one missed.

If the rumor is true I would predict that it would be after the reviews completion. Because of the fact that like Roffey, She stepped down at a major event that included a review so therefore I would assume major announcements like this would come with some news on a review in a certain form 

• Facepalm 1

"With just over a month until we return to training, I couldn't be more invigorated by the process that lies ahead. When I think about the hard work ahead, all I see is opportunity, exciting opportunities. Opportunities that we should look forward to with optimism and belief.... Bring on season 2025."

Simon Goodwin, 2024 B&F

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Also Goody leaving maybe done in a similar fashion to Roffey leaving. That being the fact that it was very sudden and she was seen days or even hours before she stepped down. Which makes me think maybe goodie knows possibly that he is leaving already provided that Roffey knew before it was announced and kept doing duty's until the announcement. I feel it might be a trend if more people go similar to how Roffey left 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, waynewussell said:

"With just over a month until we return to training, I couldn't be more invigorated by the process that lies ahead. When I think about the hard work ahead, all I see is opportunity, exciting opportunities. Opportunities that we should look forward to with optimism and belief.... Bring on season 2025."

Simon Goodwin, 2024 B&F

It should also be noted that when Roffey left, A replacement was announced immediately that being green. If they stick to that similar fashion with goodie it's possible the headhunting is done and a replacement will be announced asap 

• Haha 1

Just now, neolightveo said:

It should also be noted that when Roffey left, A replacement was announced immediately that being green. If they stick to that similar fashion with goodie it's possible the headhunting is done and a replacement will be announced asap 

I cannot remember a time where a coach has been sacked with an immediate permanent coach put in place.

They'll go through the normal process and conduct interviews with a number of applicants. 

Just now, dazzledavey36 said:

I cannot remember a time where a coach has been sacked with an immediate permanent coach put in place.

They'll go through the normal process and conduct interviews with a number of applicants. 

This is what might be unique about our case. Although I think Paul roos was fairly similar to what could happen soon if the rumours 

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

As I said it's possible that the process is already done which would make our case unique due to time constraints. Unless we can have the process of a coach search completed within a few weeks 

Just now, neolightveo said:

As I said it's possible that the process is already done which would make our case unique due to time constraints. Unless we can have the process of a coach search completed within a few weeks 

Do you reckon it can be completed within a few weeks?

West Coast had a shorts list of dozens that included Cox, Hansen, Gianciracusa and many more and the only one who was actually interested was well down the list in our midfield coach, who our list had the benefit of having as our midfield coach under Goody this year. 
That’s with the benefit of months to put feelers out, run a thorough coaching search and recruitment process, install the coach early enough to have them start establishing their assistant coaching team and get everyone in the list management, drafting and recruitment team on the same page with what needs to happen with the list in the free agency, trade and draft period and to be ready to run a full pre-season as head coach. 
If Goody leaves now we will have time for none of this, we also only have Troy Chaplin of our senior assistant coaches left, leaving us with three key coaching vacancies Head, Mid and Forward in a shallow pool of available quality head coaches and coaches more generally. It would also leave us no time due a well run appointment process and with the senior management either involved in or being reviewed It would render any FD review useless as everything would change before the review even gets going. Not to mention our players love him and if he leaves on the eve of trade week all these players allegedly wanting out will go from mere murmurs to outright mutiny. 

Sacking or having Goody stand down now would be a suicidal debacle!!!

• Clap 2

1 minute ago, deejammin' said:

West Coast had a shorts list of dozens that included Cox, Hansen, Gianciracusa and many more and the only one who was actually interested was well down the list in our midfield coach, who our list had the benefit of having as our midfield coach under Goody this year. 
That’s with the benefit of months to put feelers out, run a thorough coaching search and recruitment process, install the coach early enough to have them start establishing their assistant coaching team and get everyone in the list management, drafting and recruitment team on the same page with what needs to happen with the list in the free agency, trade and draft period and to be ready to run a full pre-season as head coach. 
If Goody leaves now we will have time for none of this, we also only have Troy Chaplin of our senior assistant coaches left, leaving us with three key coaching vacancies Head, Mid and Forward in a shallow pool of available quality head coaches and coaches more generally. It would also leave us no time due a well run appointment process and with the senior management either involved in or being reviewed It would render any FD review useless as everything would change before the review even gets going. Not to mention our players love him and if he leaves on the eve of trade week all these players allegedly wanting out will go from mere murmurs to outright mutiny. 

Sacking or having Goody stand down now would be a suicidal debacle!!!

Yeah that's quite fair. That's what I was thinking. Although Brett ratton got sacked from saints On October 13 but they were probably already talking to Ross 

Jesu Christe! This thread is full of Graduates [censored] [censored] Laude of the Zelensky Academy for Farcical Comedy.

Sack the coach, sack the coach, sack the coach

He a cockroach, 

knows SFA about the game

will be replaced by Roffey

the sooner the better

that she came.

So here's a coach who won a flag three years ago, got hammered by injuries towards the end of 2022, even more so late '23, was always two players down in '24, because of Angus and Smith, got hammered by injuries even more this season, and many armchair critics on this site are so in the know about what it takes to coach an AFL side that I'm stunned none of you are getting a gig.

Then there are the 'gossip mongers', the clowns who believe every bit of Fantasyland blurted out by a very mediocre and biased media. 

Edited by Monbon
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

Goody is not going anywhere this off season unless a) we have a replacement already lined up or b) the review finds evidence so damning that his position is untenable 

Unless either of these are the case, now is not the time to be removing our senior coach, particularly when we’ve already lost two senior assistants and we’re only a month away from pre season

• Like 2

Apparently, one is either not allowed to use the Latin Term Academic term '[censored] Laude' on this site, or, the censors don't know Latin. Here be the Dictionary meaning:  "[censored] laude" is a Latin term that translates to "with praise" or "with honor" in English.

I'd hate to Graduate in their presence if I had achieved high honor.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ugottobekidding said:

Not Goodwin related but something big is about to erupt and it ain't Melbourne. Could be fun.

You mean it doesn't have anything to do with Melbourne? If thats the case idc haha

Edited by neolightveo

6 minutes ago, Ugottobekidding said:

Not Goodwin related but something big is about to erupt and it ain't Melbourne. Could be fun.

Should we start a 'nearest the pin'?

1. John Longmire 'sick of this ---' and leaving Sydney to become a senior assistant at West Coast.

2. Essendon arrested. Just, the whole club. Gotta be sure. I the US they called it a RICO case, I believe.

3. ATO to investigate Geelong after discovering 2/3rds of the Bellarine Peninsula is 'mysteriously' negatively geared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

24 minutes ago, neolightveo said:

No, Not at all. Just trying to get clarification from people who may know more then me on this what is relialisticly achievable 

Neo I have never seen your posts before but you are marching to the beat of your own drum, did you watch the B& F, Goody, Kozzie and Clayton are all staying. Get a new script.!!!

• Like 1