Time for a Change….Don’t wait another 2 years…

Might be time to pay out a senior coach and some assistants and bring in some fresh eyes. Start moving on to a new game style and recruit those who can implement it. Would much rather see a direction, than treading water like we are now. Need a skills coach and goal kicking coach plus forward coach and midfield coach, that’s where we should start. 

• Like 3

Goodwin has tried different things for two consecutive years and both have failed dismally. Just think about that for a moment. 

I don’t like going after him or others but in the cold light of day he isn’t able to evolve out of our current situation. We have had forward connection issues for 5 years or so and he’s beem unable to fix it. Other coaches would have resolved it in 1-2 seasons. 

We need a new coach, that has new ideas and can bring a new edge to our team. We also need to cut about a dozen players who are just list cloggers. 3-4 per season over the next 3-4 years. 

• Like 5

With generational talent like Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Viney, May and Lever, the time is now to get serious about recruiting the right players to support this core, otherwise time will run out. Our midfield depth is severely lacking and is in desperate need of added quality, experience and variety. Look at how Carlton added Hewett, Kennedy, Acres and Cerra to their mix in recent years to support Cripps and Walsh. Sydney added Jordon and Adams to give Heaney, Warner, Gulden and co added strength and flexibility around the ball. We've tried ANB and Pickett through the middle but that robs a forward line already bereft of options of two important players. Add to that the need to recruit some competitive and reliable tall forwards to support JVR and you have Tim Lamb and Jason Taylor's homework between now and the trade period. 

Edited by Swooper Northey
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Swooper Northey said:

With generational talent like Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Viney, May and Lever, the time is now to get serious about recruiting the right players to support this core, otherwise time will run out. Our midfield depth is severely lacking and is in desperate need of added quality, experience and variety. Look at how Carlton added Hewett, Kennedy, Acres and Cerra to their mix in recent years to support Cripps and Walsh. Sydney added Jordon and Adams to give Heaney, Warner, Gulden and co added strength and flexibility around the ball. We've tried ANB and Pickett through the middle but that robs a forward line already bereft of options of two important players. Add to that the need to recruit some competitive and reliable tall forwards to support JVR and you have Tim Lamb and Jason Taylor's homework between now and the trade period. 

We haven’t recruited any A Grade Talent into the side since the Flag. (Not talking about Draft Kids) i am talking experienced players from outside 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chook fowler said:

Would like to see Dean Cox considered to replace Goodwin - has done a couple of years learning from Longmire and the Swans system which the best in the business. Change is definitely needed. 

It would take us 10 years to turn over our list to get something like Sydney has.

I think Goody is a good coach. He created a defensive system that took the comp by storm and won a flag with it.

I’m a big believer in bringing in fresh voices. In 2020/21 we brought in Yze, Burgess, Choco and Richardson. We gave Goody a great team of coaches. Now I think that era has past and we need fresh voices.

If I was Pert, I’d be going hard after Leppitsch, Bolton, Dew and maybe a Scott Burns who’s been pretty good for Adelaide as a forwards coach.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We haven’t recruited any A Grade Talent into the side since the Flag. (Not talking about Draft Kids) i am talking experienced players from outside 

Apart from Grundy, a former All-Australian, who we effectively walked out the door.

3 hours ago, biggestred said:

I hate to say it but I agree. This list needs fresh voices and ideas. 

YER But Roffey aint got the guts to do it ! She loves Goody!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swooper Northey said:

Apart from Grundy, a former All-Australian, who we effectively walked out the door.

Yes. We moved him on to The Top Team, because it was all a bit too hard….

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It would have been a brave move. Sadly that ship has sailed 

3 years with the same Forward problems. Today was exactly the same, when is enough…?

For me the biggest question is why after 3-4 years of a forward line where we are constantly saying "we're still trying to find our mix" how is it that it firstly hasn't been fixed and worked out, and secondly why are we persiting with a forward coach that we have shown no improvement on that line.

Our premiership year our forward mix came good at the right time, we got what we could out of BBB while Tmac had a good start to the season. Fritta was sensational, particularly in the back end, while Kozzie was more explosive and exciting than he is right now. Sadly that was simply a case of all the pieces falling into place just for the right moment.

We haven't chased forwards, and we haven't looked like developing any genuine targets aside from JVR (who will fail under this currently group of coaches). I think all line coaches should be under the microscope.

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

3 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It was a Ferrari list. It’s just a shell now 

Edited by picket fence

2 minutes ago, Pates said:

For me the biggest question is why after 3-4 years of a forward line where we are constantly saying "we're still trying to find our mix" how is it that it firstly hasn't been fixed and worked out, and secondly why are we persiting with a forward coach that we have shown no improvement on that line.

Our premiership year our forward mix came good at the right time, we got what we could out of BBB while Tmac had a good start to the season. Fritta was sensational, particularly in the back end, while Kozzie was more explosive and exciting than he is right now. Sadly that was simply a case of all the pieces falling into place just for the right moment.

We haven't chased forwards, and we haven't looked like developing any genuine targets aside from JVR (who will fail under this currently group of coaches). I think all line coaches should be under the microscope.

I reckon you could describe the club's approach to addressing these forward issues as negligent. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Where is Roffey? Happy to take the back slaps when she’d been at the club for 2 minutes but when the chips are down and leadership is sorely needed she’s MIA?

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, Smokey said:

This will go down as a tragic mistake on the part of our board. Yze had a lot to offer and some fresh eyes that are already close with the playing group would be perfect right now. 

No transition would've worked because Goodwin (rightfully) would've told them to get stuffed, Malthouse style. It's fanciful stuff.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kick_It_To_Pickett said:

Goodwin has lost the players ..it is very evident now. The message is lost. They locked them out of the half time team meeting..wtf is that ? Panic stations. It’s all at sea. He should resign

‘They locked them out of the half time meeting?’

Could you clarify this? Who got locked out of the half time meeting?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, biggestred said:

I hate to say it but I agree. This list needs fresh voices and ideas. 

21 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

It would take us 10 years to turn over our list to get something like Sydney has.

I think Goody is a good coach. He created a defensive system that took the comp by storm and won a flag with it.

I’m a big believer in bringing in fresh voices. In 2020/21 we brought in Yze, Burgess, Choco and Richardson. We gave Goody a great team of coaches. Now I think that era has past and we need fresh voices.

If I was Pert, I’d be going hard after Leppitsch, Bolton, Dew and maybe a Scott Burns who’s been pretty good for Adelaide as a forwards coach.

Agree I think Goodwin deserves to be given a chance considering his runs on the board but he needs the fresh voices around, things feel stale. Stafford, McQualter, Choco, Richardson, Chaplin should all be in the firing line. If memory serves Chaplin was the only one who survived the last cull so he has been around for a fair amount of time.

• Like 1

I'm sure Goodwin has lost the players but how Stafford survived the cull last year is beyond me must be sacked at the end of the year WE HAVE THE WORST FORWARD LINE IN THE COMP.

I think McQualter deserves another chance.

Chaplin could go either way like Goodwin.

Players to be axed Spargo, Hunter, Billings, Tomlinson, Smith, Farris-White, B.Brown

Only players that should be off the trade table are Lever, May, Gawn, Petracca and Viney.

Goodwin has destroyed Petty we could have got a top ten pick last year this year we will be lucky to get a ham sandwich for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

I'm sure Goodwin has lost the players but how Stafford survived the cull last year is beyond me must be sacked at the end of the year WE HAVE THE WORST FORWARD LINE IN THE COMP.

I think McQualter deserves another chance.

Chaplin could go either way like Goodwin.

Players to be axed Spargo, Hunter, Billings, Tomlinson, Smith, Farris-White, B.Brown

Only players that should be off the trade table are Lever, May, Gawn, Petracca and Viney.

Goodwin has destroyed Petty we could have got a top ten pick last year this year we will be lucky to get a ham sandwich for him.

Um u left Clarry of the OFF THE TRADE TABLE  list Just saying , JUST SAYIN!!