PRESEASON TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

Demonland

7 hours ago, Tarax Club said:

Correction should read as Cavalry rather Calvary. Hopefully we won’t be crucified by the umpires too often this season. TC

Tarax You are confusing the rush back of injured Demons as  the Cavalry arriving with  the “Greatest Show on Earth” the fabulous Calgary Stampede!! 

A must see once in a lifetime at the end of a Rocky Mountaineer gold leaf rail ride with the bar opening at 10am in the morning. Bailey’s on ice never tasted so good!!

5 hours ago, Redleg said:

The kid can play, he just didn't have a good one in the first practice game.

Two efforts going back with the flight of the ball, taking possession and giving it off beautifully showed bravery and class.

Just on that he will make it.

Old old story not every recruit develops at the same rate. We expect all to be linear and quick to adapt.

Think of Petty Vs Clarry for eg. 

Howes vs Kynan Brown for eg. 

That's what I am talking about!! 

11 hours ago, Tarax Club said:

666’s pics confirm Harry Petty having an early run and kick. Jake Melksham for all those recently just back from Mars. Screams ‘play me now’ but must be on world record pace for an earlier return than normally expected. A good start to the season than the Calvary will arrive.

Tarax see my other post earlier “ the Calvary Stampede,” 

7 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Hardly inspiring 74.  Especially given that we know one of our achilles heels for the last two seasons has been our forward stakes.

What i would give for a genuinely dynamic power CHF and/or FF.

Hopefully Roo can step up a notch or two but without the likes of Petty, McAdam & Melk we are looking decidely thin on quality during the opening rounds.

Possibly longer, depending on the diagnosis of McAdam & Petty.  Petty may well be done for the entire season.

There is of course Kozzy & Fritta but we would need stand out years from both imv if we're to make any inroads and go deep into finals.

Even IF Petty makes it back at some point, the odds of being fiercely competitive and getting into some sort of top end form are stacked against with effectively no pre-season under his belt.

Ditto with Melk, BB and to a lessor extent T-Mac.  Although it would appear the FD were grooming Tom for a return to a defensive role.

Lord knows what for.  Makes no sense for mine after bringing Marty back and with Tomo & Turner (prior to injury) also being an option.

Im usually very positive prior to a season starting but have to say im already preparing for some substantial slippage in 2024.

Can only hope Clarry stays on track and returns as early as round 2 or 3 in fabulous nic.  If not i fear we may be in for a pretty rugged 2024 with yet another season of "many learnings" ahead.

You have a very short memory. Tmac has brought the whole blame for our Finals straight  exit on his shoulders or his possible leg injuries.

I think it’s a great idea as Goody doesn’t always think of changes or experimentation. Half a season back MAY sweeten him up for possible cameos or longer up forward if his fitness holds all season. Rank and file have already written off Tmac and BBB as “live” possibilities this season. They are cooked or dead!! 

I’m might be old fashioned but we deserve a break with both so the Footy Gods might just smile our way this year!

We can only hope with both Premiership forwards!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redleg said:

The kid can play, he just didn't have a good one in the first practice game.

Two efforts going back with the flight of the ball, taking possession and giving it off beautifully showed bravery and class.

Just on that he will make it.

Wouldn’t he be a good chance up forward in due course if our defence holds up and he develops his confidence?

Or one step at a time?

Also now “close checking or defending” in the practice game did Blake any favours. 

3 hours ago, 58er said:

Wouldn’t he be a good chance up forward in due course if our defence holds up and he develops his confidence?

Or one step at a time?

Also now “close checking or defending” in the practice game did Blake any favours. 

Not sure of his best position, but he has been played mainly hbf at Casey.

22 hours ago, Roost it far said:

I think we’ll see the game look to minimise collision in the next few years. The bump will go and tackles will continue to be restricted

In some respects, that may take the game back to the 1970s and earlier when players were not full time professionals and as such were not as physically strong or able to run into other players all match long. It may turn out to be a significant improvement in game style, putting skilled ball handling and kicking ahead of the ability to crash and bash.