• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

6 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

My final gripe for today. Anyone else absolutely seething  that  the “ collllingwoood” chant got going up when Brayshaw was on the ground unconcious. [censored] me… i hope they don’t win the flag. 

Yep, but of course the same old posters who are the first to get stuck into any Melbourne player, are out here defending that piece of [censored] Maynard and the inbred club he plays for.

Anyone who doesn't think McRae, who played under one of the dirtiest coaches in the history of AFL, did not give direction to his players to come out and hurt us, is as delusional as they are stupid. 

Players with form, a club with form, and supporters with form of being the lowest scum of the earth. 

Imagine chanting and cheering while a player is out cold, but having the audacity to cry because opposition fans boo Ginnivin for being a duck and a cheat. The mind [censored] boggles. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Longsufferingnomore said:

I don't want to talk about the footy last night but about the absolutley vile behaviour of the Collingwood supporters last night.

We sat in N50 in the General Public about 5 rows from the back. There were a seething group of Collingwood supporters about 5 deep behind the rail. In front of them was a young Demon supporting family (Dad and three young kids). What those ferals subjected them to was disgusting. The police directed by the poor MCC attendant attempted to say something but it continued. At half time the Dad stood up and said something back and thankfully it didn't escalate from there when the police walked over again. The poor man could not move anywhere as there no seats to move to. 

At the end of the game with about a minute left two Collingwood supporters stood up in front of us so we couldn't see. I just touched the man on his back and motioned him to sit down, we couldn't see. It was so loud I couldn't say anything. His retort back to me was " you've lost so what do you f.....n care"  with a finger and continued to stand up. 

So the siren goes all the Melbourne supporters trudged out, I get to the top of the stairs and there is a woman (Collingwood supporter) with a beer can standing there pointing her fingers at this 14 year old who was on the verge of tears " did you hear what this f..n c said to me". He was part of the family that had felt the brunt of vile behaviour of the mob behind them. I grabbed him as he had become separated from his family and dragged him away. His Dad came up to me absolutely shaken.

I have woken up this morning not thinking about the actual game but wondering if I have been sheltered sitting in the MCC area. I dont think so. I have never been subjected to or seen this kind of vile behaviour before but it makes me so happy that I am a Melbourne supporter.

I know some on here will say that there are bad supporters in any team but this level was unbelievable.

Thanks for listening🥲

I'm sorry for your experience.  I don't to get to many games since moving interstate but a close mate of mine I his 50s has been going all his life. He reckons there has been a marked change in the behaviour of crowds , in particular tigers and pies games. He has been verbally abused, threatened and twice pushed over the last few years. He reckons there are some games he's genuinely afraid to go to especially the ones just mentioned.

There's a reason they are called the filth. More than a few of their supporters have an element of dirty minds and agro.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longsufferingnomore said:

I don't want to talk about the footy last night but about the absolutley vile behaviour of the Collingwood supporters last night.

We sat in N50 in the General Public about 5 rows from the back. There were a seething group of Collingwood supporters about 5 deep behind the rail. In front of them was a young Demon supporting family (Dad and three young kids). What those ferals subjected them to was disgusting. The police directed by the poor MCC attendant attempted to say something but it continued. At half time the Dad stood up and said something back and thankfully it didn't escalate from there when the police walked over again. The poor man could not move anywhere as there no seats to move to. 

At the end of the game with about a minute left two Collingwood supporters stood up in front of us so we couldn't see. I just touched the man on his back and motioned him to sit down, we couldn't see. It was so loud I couldn't say anything. His retort back to me was " you've lost so what do you f.....n care"  with a finger and continued to stand up. 

So the siren goes all the Melbourne supporters trudged out, I get to the top of the stairs and there is a woman (Collingwood supporter) with a beer can standing there pointing her fingers at this 14 year old who was on the verge of tears " did you hear what this f..n c said to me". He was part of the family that had felt the brunt of vile behaviour of the mob behind them. I grabbed him as he had become separated from his family and dragged him away. His Dad came up to me absolutely shaken.

I have woken up this morning not thinking about the actual game but wondering if I have been sheltered sitting in the MCC area. I dont think so. I have never been subjected to or seen this kind of vile behaviour before but it makes me so happy that I am a Melbourne supporter.

I know some on here will say that there are bad supporters in any team but this level was unbelievable.

Thanks for listening🥲

Yeah, watched a pies supporter just screaming at demons supporters around him at the end of the game. Continually screaming f off C**TS. Really aggressive. The cops nearby just rolled their eyes.

Such humility and grace in victory.

Club culture.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, Brownie said:
10 minutes ago, Longsufferingnomore said:

Thanks for listening🥲

Expand  

Yeah, watched a pies supporter just screaming at demons supporters around him at the end of the game. Continually screaming f off C**TS. Really aggressive. The cops nearby just rolled their eyes.

Club culture

And racist.

6 hours ago, Older demon said:

I have to disagree if his intent was to smother why did he raise his arms. If his intent wass to smother why did he turn side on? If he was protecting himself then he ignored his duty of care to Brayshaw who having just disposed of the ball was wide open. Why didn't he try to fall across the boot? By jumping he had no control of his direction and could only inflict harm. He chose to bump hit someone high did damage and should be suspended.

If it is a football act then I sincerely hope the next time we play Collingwood every attempt should be made to smother Pendlebury, both Daicos' Elliott and see how Collingwood react.

Time for the AFL to grow some and start dealing with football acts if they are serious about making the head sacrosanct. Goody at his presser mentioned Brayshaws anxiety which is a symptom of a sever concussion. 

Because you raise your arms when you attempt to smother, it's not a new thing. 

It didn't look great but if Maynard was deliberately trying to take out a guy with concussion history then he did it in the most calculated and perfect way ever. It is a collision sport and its kind of absurd how many people want to now suddenly cut this out of the game. Everyone here erupted when JVR got off early in the year. 

I'm sure the cavalry will be coming for me on this one so bring it on but honestly had the situation been reversed I reckon 90% of the people here would be calling it a football act. 

Edited by layzie
  • Like 2
  • Clap 2

11 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Still furious about the loss!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I used to begrudgingly admire Maynard's toughness. Not anymore! He is a thug for his dog act on Brayshaw. Both him and Mason Cox are slimeballs and the lowest of the low for intentionally hurting our players.

Collingwood's reputation as a Club full or morons, thugs, criminals, imbeciles, retards, bogans and low-lives continues unabated!

I [censored] HATE COLLINGWOOD!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Never been tough mate. Just a bog ordinary grub who knows there's no retaliation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Yep, but of course the same old posters who are the first to get stuck into any Melbourne player, are out here defending that piece of [censored] Maynard and the inbred club he plays for.

Anyone who doesn't think McRae, who played under one of the dirtiest coaches in the history of AFL, did not give direction to his players to come out and hurt us, is as delusional as they are stupid. 

Players with form, a club with form, and supporters with form of being the lowest scum of the earth. 

Imagine chanting and cheering while a player is out cold, but having the audacity to cry because opposition fans boo Ginnivin for being a duck and a cheat. The mind [censored] boggles. 

Loved the replays at the ground of Maynard driving his shoulder into Gus's head.

They'd show the lead up to the collision and then cut to a Collingwood FC ad to hide the vision of it.

It's a sad day today. Blew a golden opportunity for a flag and we may have lost one of our bravest players.

Thoughts with him and his family today.

• Like 5

Thre finals on the trot lost.

Will Goidy come out again and say how much it drives us?

I know he's duty bound to front up to the press but gee I wish we would just have the luxury of being quiet. Or have someone else speak for him. To say how ready and prepared we are and play half a game is embarrassing.  Imagine if we weren't. Wish was clearly the case.

28 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

These kind of smothers happen dozens of time a game. If Maynard gets off it sets a precedent for cleaning up an opponent front on.

Cleaning up an opponent front on is generally a shirt front and legal. Leaving the ground is generally illegal for a shirtfront but he had reason to leave the ground.

1 minute ago, layzie said:

It didn't look great but if Maynard was deliberately trying to take out a guy with concussion history then he did it in the most calculated and perfect way ever. It is a collision sport and its kind of absurd how many people want to now suddenly cut this out of the game. Everyone here erupted when JVR got off early in the year. 

I'm sure the cavalry will be coming for me on this one so have at it but honestly had the situation been reversed I reckon 90% of the people here would be calling it a football act. 

Agreed, the problem for Maynard is after reaching both arms in the air to try and affect the kick he rolls his shoulder straight into Brayshaw's head. Maybe he couldn't or be expected to do anything else but I believe the rules state he owes Brayshaw a duty of care. I reckon he fails in that duty. I actually like him as a player, he's one I'd love on our team.

• Like 1

There is no doubt that what Maynard did will be outlawed (if not already)

So if in the future that type of action carries with it a suspension, why should he be not found guilty now?

To me the loophole doesn't save him

Do people here really want to see players taken out with heavy front on contact on a regular basis? 

Should we adopt the same practice if it's a free-for-all? 

We're trying to clean up the sport and to a large degree, that's been successful but it's a 360° sport where loopholes exist ... players will get away with what they can get away with

Anyway, Goodwin is seething about what happened and rightly so

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'm sure the cavalry will be coming for me on this one so bring it on but honestly had the situation been reversed I reckon 90% of the people here would be calling it a football act. 

Not for me layz

If Maynard was a Demon I'd have him absolutely guilty of uuduly rough play

And 4 weeks holiday

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

1 minute ago, dees189227 said:

Do we need to get some new voices in to assist goody. I mean Chaplin has been with us for 7 years and we still don't have a kicking out plan and I just feel Stafford isn't the answer either.

We've had a plan for 7 years! Left hand flank to Gawn

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Club culture.

Why can’t the police eject such people?

I think one of the most disappointing aspects of last night games is the way we changed our game plan and structure. 

I raised my concerns on Wednesday night around selection. We went in a tall short in defence and unfortunately that took away Levers and Rivers strengths.

At one stage last night River was playing on McStay and by trying to do a lock down role so that it would release Lever. This took away Rivers run and carry style and he was unfortunately very quiet. We didn't get that usual drive off half back that we usually do which was disappointing. 

Lever was another who had a poor night last night. His strengths of being able to peel off and intercept was not on show because he was playing a lock down role.

Why Goody reverted back to this method which has shown to not work was just bizarre team selection and even he had admitted in thr past.

We needed a Tomlinson or Turner to play that complete lock down role so that our defensive structure was sound.

One other aspect that I got out of it was that we really are bare in midfield depth. When Brayshaw went out we had no one that was able to stand up in his shoes.

This is where I'm incredibly disappointed in Tom Sparrow. This was his golden opportunity to stand up in the moment and yet by half time he had only 2 disposals next to his name. He was generally poor who coughed it up way too easily in the moment. 

I seriously have no idea what he adds to the team but with Brayshaw unfortunately missing and the thought of Jordon being a replacement it's looking pretty glum.

Whilst a key forward would be ideal in the trade period I think another experienced midfielder is a must.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

Extremely flat this morning. Last year’s QF I just felt we were genuinely outplayed and came to the realisation we’re just not that good. This year I think there’s no real stand-out team in our way and it will genuinely be a missed opportunity if we don’t win it this year.

We absolutely shot ourselves in the foot. Just dumb, easy to defend entries, time after time. We were our own worst enemy.

I suppose instead of looking at the last 6 weeks of form, all we really needed to focus on was the last 3 weeks was leading to this game. We’re averaging just 68pts per game since Petty went out. In my mind, we’re just an upmarket version of the Saints.

What worries me the most is if we do go out in straight sets again I really feel it may break this group. What’s the point of finishing top 4 in season if you can’t win a final? I think it will severely dampen this teams confidence and even our supporter base for next year if we can’t win at least one final this finals series.

Edited by At the break of Gawn
  • Like 6

Just now, Macca said:

Not for me layz

If Maynard was a Demon I'd have him absolutely guilty of uuduly rough play

And 4 weeks holiday

The one thing I haven't spoken about yet is suspensions. I think it's a footy act but haven't said he should be cleared because at the end of the day you do run the risk if you choose to leave the ground. I also don't know enough about the gradings etc. They  still need to uphold some kind of duty of care and protecting the head.

I wouldn't complain if he was given a week or 2. 

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Imagine chanting and cheering while a player is out cold, but having the audacity to cry because

Says it all really. And a player with serious prior concussion issues.

Just scum. No wonder people hate them. Shame on the media for defending  Maynard. They couldn't stop talking over one another in an effort to clear him. Instead of calling out the Pies woeful chant while a young bloke lies motionless on the ground.

I hope the Afl really make an example of the bloke just to stick it up their dog supporters. And I'd like to say it's a small minority  but sadly that chant was joined in by more than a few. How utterly bloody callous and wrong. Congrats to Jack who batted for his mate. Personally I would have liked more retaliation, but maybe that's just coming down to their sub level.

Get a life you toothless,  wife bashing, racist, homophobic, simple minded, arrogant pieces of stone.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Just now, At the break of Gawn said:

Extremely flat this morning. Last year’s QF I just felt we were genuinely outplayed and came to the realisation we’re just not that good. This year I think there’s no real stand-out team in our way and it will genuinely be a missed opportunity if we don’t win it this year.

We absolutely shot ourselves in the foot. Just dumb, easy to defend entries, time after time. We were our own worst enemy.

I’m going to stay off twitter I think for a while. Pies supporters are just the worst in the AFL.

What worries me the most is if we do go out in straight sets again I really feel it may break this group. What’s the point of finishing top 4 in season if you can’t win a final? I think it will severely dampen this teams confidence and even our supporter base for next year if we can’t win at least one final this finals series.

Yeah stay off twitter. Just saw one from a filth fan who said it was a gutsy win considering there injuries & bad umpiring. Cry me a river

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Macca said:

4 weeks holiday

Sounds about right.

I'll wager he gets two with some sort of suspended sentence and they'll close the loophole at tge start of next season. It's cfc remember and we can't let them lose. 

Dees will bounce back…! I’m very optimistic we can get to the Grand Final and win it. 

We were our own worst enemy last night. Take that out of the game and we win. James Jordon should have been the Sub. I thought selection for that wrong…! 

I don’t overly rate Collingwood. There quite beatable… 

• Like 2

Maynard does love the tough guy act but I don't think he's a "dirty player."
Plays hard but fair.
Much like our own Jack Viney who we love so much.

Cox on the other hand is 100% a dirty player.
Probably the dirtiest in the league along with Toby Greene.
There was one reason he was selected and that was to drive his knees into Gawn as often as he could.

• Like 2