Ryley Sanders

adonski

1 minute ago, The Jackson FIX said:

can’t we just coach our way out of this problem?  

Play with the play book before you play with the personnel 

they’re not elite disposers of the ball, but they’re not awful and they have been  instructed to kick it quickly to a contest.

Don't agree. Near impossible to go from average to elite kick

How much better would we look with someone like a Whitfield in our mid mix? Now they aren't a dime a dozen!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiff Arm said:

Which one is an elite kick going i50?

I'll give you the answer: none

We need a quick, mostly outside or out/in mid with elite vision and disposal going i50

McKercher or Sanders look most likely. Hopefully one is available with our first call out, pretty please

Run and class

Best chance for McKercher is if North go for Sanders early or we trade up.

Sanders isn’t the distributer by foot that you’re describing in your post. He’s neat when in space, but not elite by foot. If had that hurt factor with his kick, he probably would have been sitting in the top 3 or 4 in the pool.

9 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

I love how McKercher tries to make something happen with each of his disposals. And my god he loves to run.

Something we're severely lacking big time.

I've loved him all along but accepted pretty early that we wouldn't have access to him.

He's not far behind Harley Reid imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, samcantstandya said:

Orlando Turner and Riak Andrews are rookie possibilities. More so Orlando than Riak brother of Mac. Orlando is a small and Riak is 190/192.

Since the championships I've heard nothing in regards to Olando Turner. There's no vision or barely any write up.

I do know he's been all over the country playing this year but.

I think our only chance of getting Mckercher is if North want Sanders and are happy to trade back to get him. 
I wouldn’t rule it out as he seems a better prospect than Humphrey and we offered 3 first round for him last year. Two of which are currently pick 5&13.

Big issue with making a similar move for Mckercher might be the Tassie factor. If we trade up and pay overs to get him we are unlikely to get back what we invested should he return to Tas.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Since the championships I've heard nothing in regards to Olando Turner. There's no vision or barely any write up.

I do know he's been all over the country playing this year but.

He is a similar type to Moniz-Wakefield who I reckon might even take Chandler's spot in the team going forward.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have to keep Sanders in our mindset. Elite skills. Elite runner. Loves a goal. Has future star stamped on him. I’d be grabbing him if available   

Imv he plays like Jason Horne-Francis 

AFL Website bio

Another top prospect who sat out the Combine, Sanders did not test due to a hip issue. It will have no impact on his draft placing, having shown throughout the whole year his incredible consistency and production as a midfielder in the group. Sanders capped his season with 25 disposals and four clearances in Sandringham's Grand Final win over the Eastern Ranges, when he had some key moments as he always does. Sanders averaged 31 disposals at that level to go with his Larke Medal in the under-18 carnival in a complete campaign.

Edited by spirit of norm smith
P
  • Like 1

On 26/09/2023 at 09:00, old55 said:

If they're any good the AFL will 100% come up with a package to get them to kick start the Tasmanian team. Special "marketing" salary cap bonus.

It's pretty rare to have such high quality in the draft from Tamania. They'll be in the perfect age range. It's an irresistible prospect for the AFL.

Yeah, can’t remember too many in recent-ish years. Chayce Jones? Jesse Lonergan? Jackson Thurlow? Kade & Jake Kolodjashnij?

Mitch Robinson??

Will have he best career of this draft crop. Not necessarily the highest peak performance, but best overall career. Couldn't be more rounded as a midfielder and leader very impressive youngster and I hope he winds up in red and blue.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.