Onya Robbo

Whispering_Jack

5 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

The real Robbo (Russell Robertson) has lashed out at Kane Cornes for his ridiculous attack on Simon Goodwin’s characterisation of Hawthorn tagger Finn Maginness as a player who doesn’t want the ball. 

‘No one gives a s*** what you think’: Ex-AFL star Russell Robertson erupts in scathing Kane Cornes spray

Karo and Cano  are very much MFC haters and more so SG haters for some reasons that we probably are aware of.

Russell has never been backwards in coming forward so the Nine group are only alienating themselves more with the sly digs, inuendo and a splashing of rumour rot.

32 minutes ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Karo and Cano  are very much MFC haters and more so SG haters for some reasons that we probably are aware of.

Russell has never been backwards in coming forward so the Nine group are only alienating themselves more with the sly digs, inuendo and a splashing of rumour rot.

Karo yes, but Kane Corns was actually pumping up the MFC as still a genuine premiership contender a few months back, when others were casting doubt.

Generally don't actually mind Kane, but really didn't like the rumors and innuendo he stirred up about Kossie moving back to SA though.  Thought that was pretty rank. Would agree that he's one-eyed self interested in that way, that others in the media don't quite cross that boundary to the same extent. 

I do think guys like Garry Lion, Jonathan Brown and Nathan Buckley step back and try to be a bit more removed, objective and conservative or even hyper critical when it comes to their former clubs, rather than go all out cheer leaders.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Kane Cornes is just a shock jock really. He says controversial things just for the sake of it. Very boring! 🥱

Good on Russell "Robbo" Roberston for standing up for Simon Goodwin, Clayton Oliver and the Melbourne Football Club though!

I know "Robbo" is the MC/Host for Melbourne Demons Home Games at the MCG. He does a great job there!

However, I would love to see him more in the media. If they ever brought back a variety Football TV show (kinda like the Footy Show or Live and Kicking) then "Robbo" could easily host it and even play in a band due to his musical talents.

Thanks for detailing your credentials there Russell.

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, dees189227 said:

Don't think Kane could give one iota about Robbo. Lets face it, Robbo at times does love the sound of his own voice.

I don't have a problem with anyone Melb sticking up for us,( the Team Outfit), at any time or anywhere.

The bleeding heart Media are mouthpiece experts when they are being pressed with lots of exposure. 

No one will listen when your outside the eight whingeing.

21 hours ago, Binmans PA said:

I'd rather Goody have played a straight bat, because it potentially brings external focus onto Clarry now. If Goody straight bats it, they have nothing to run with.

It's done now though.

Unlike many, I like goody's vanilla press conferences as he doesn't court controversy and always gives the opposition credit. So I was a bit disappointed with his comments. Came across as a bit sooky and as Cornes points out, the tagger had one less possession than Oliver. Tagging's a valid part of the game and that young fella did a good job against the best midfielder in the comp.

Just now, Kozzie4PM said:

Unlike many, I like goody's vanilla press conferences as he doesn't court controversy and always gives the opposition credit. So I was a bit disappointed with his comments. Came across as a bit sooky and as Cornes points out, the tagger had one less possession than Oliver. Tagging's a valid part of the game and that young fella did a good job against the best midfielder in the comp.

But I do like that robbo sprayed cornes 😂

Interesting how this one played out. Goody could have worded it slightly better on the day, a sweeping statement that a player isn't interested in getting the ball as factual as it was will always rile these people up but no real harm done.

Whole we're at it the dogmatic black or white language used in the media this week about this issue was really annoying. Josh Jenkins said on SEN something like "Well Finn had one less disposal than Oliver, maybe Oliver isn't interested in getting the ball?" Yes Josh a guy who averages 30+ per game doesn't want the football. Cool story bro..

As for Kane. A ccredible pundit but my god your personal interests get in the way of neutral journalism.  Concussion saga = no problem. Taggers? Leave them alone because I was one. 

To say top midfielders sook up the moment they get tagged is garbage. A number of players have sat on Oliver and failed, the real story is Finn Mcguiness and what a fine job he's doing. 

• Like 2

I reckon Cornes is good value; he knows exactly what he's doing and that its what he is employed to do.

This is SEN after all ..Schwarta was a lovable "duffer" ,not a debate starter.

King has created his schtik by pretending games are predictable by stats.

Whately seems to think he's doing some sort of  post doctoral analysis..of a suburban footy comp and that he can  present horse racing as a sport for the intelligentsia!Hes the most colourless "voice of reason" in a colourful sh#t fight.

Off SEN you have BT, Robbo and Matty Lloyd....I mean they make Cornes look insightful and entertaining 

Caro has surrendered her outrage spot to Kane and is quickly becoming irrelevant. 

As long as Daisy Pearce is doing the gameday comments live to air...they all are exposed as useless boys club "wanna bes:

Edited by IRW
  • Like 1