Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


CASEY: Rd 05 vs Richmond


KC from Casey

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Sydee said:

They are really missing both Mitch White and the Moose atm 

Along with the bald one and Buntine. 

Bill & JVR also usually playing.

Bill & Buntine both vg ball users.

JVR's a decent contested mark i50 and within 35 - 40 meters he rarely missed.

Casey also missing sauce from last season who was handy at times especially in the GF.

Also Woe returning probably looked handy on paper but then there's his ball use atm 😖

What's the one Black Sabbath softy ballad they wrote again... ah yes.. "Changes"

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kent said:

We over  invested in TMac instead of finding a replacement years ago in my opinion

With his last contract (2021?) we had little choice.  There had been no trade interest in 2020.  He was on massive $, money we need to re-sign Salem, Petracca, Oliver so had to spread his $ across more years. Hence we have him until 2024.

To be fair to him he obliged re-negotiating that contract to help the club and was an important part of our premiership.

If you mean the previous contract for the big $ it was at a time when he had lots of suitors, was playing extremely well, was an FA and we needed him.  There was no May or Lever back then.

Many contracts will look poor towards the end of playing careers; maybe the long term ones to the likes of Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Salem especially if they are back ended.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Is that even his actual role? Like have coaches come out and stated this specifically his role?

Feel like some just make up stuff just to justify his ongoing selection time and time again. He literally laid 1 tackle last week lol.. Can't be doing doing that if your role is purely defensive. 

Also, if his role is purely a defensive role then why did last week we concede 35 disposals to Merret, 34 disposal to Parish and 28 disposals to Dylan Shiel. We also lost the contested possession again for the 3rd time out of 5 games this year. 

For a team that prides ourselves in contested possession we're actually losing more then we're winning. Where is he in all of this as part of his role? I know it doesn't come down to the individual but he's every part of the problem also. 

Right now he's a limited footballer who can't even play anywhere else other then 10 minutes a quarter in the midfield doing whatever he does.

Jordon showed more in 1 game against Sydney this year playing as an inside/outside midfielder then Sparrow has in 12 months. 

dazzle - just wondering are you implying some conspiracy theory, or favouritism on the part of the match committee?  It appears that they see something in Tom Sparrow that you do not.  

3 hours ago, Sydee said:

Agree with that assessment.

I am getting a little concerned about Jefferson’s lack of intensity I realise he’s not Tom Hawkins but I would like to see some more marks at this level. I think my fear is that he could be the second coming of The Weed. Having BB and TMac in the F50 didn’t help yesterday I guess. 
 

The only ones you could really consider for promotion after that game were Disco, Harmes and Dunstan. 
 

Not giving up on young fellas as we have seen the likes of McVee turn it around fast. Still a lot of improvement required from the others including Howes and Woey before they get a call up. 

Only a few weeks back some here were complimenting Jefferson's intensity in contested marking.  It is his first season and we will expect some inconsistency.  I for one won't write him off just yet.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After watching Q1

Q1 - First 10 minutes

Started well aside from Dunstan missing one relatively easy HB receive from Harmes in the middle.

Brown playing high and presenting on both wings with an involvement early on the member's wing resulting in our first shot at goal.

Dunstan's quick hands to Harmes off HFF was nice but then you had none of the three talls at the time in Jefferson, BB and Macca leading.  They were all playing deep from behind and Harmes's bomb didnt help....straight to a Tiger's D playing in front with none of the other three talls even making the contest.

One of them couldve made a lead at the ball carrier but they all sat back.  Mind you, Harmes didnt seem to assess too well either.  A kick to the fat side might have hit Macca on the chest (if he had the legs?). Sometimes the kicker just needs to just put it out into space with a nicely weighted kick (if he spots a forward...easier said than done of course).

Bell rucking well early.  Relieving mark deep in defence at one stage.  Also a lovely 45 kick into the middle hitting up a mid who then transitioned into 50 for a goal to Edwards.

Tomlinson, Disco, Deakin all fine down back so far for mine.  Disco in particular was rock solid all quarter.

10 minutes onward (approx)...

For mine the momentum began turning as soon a KFW came on for Bell.  Not having a go at him either.  Super raw and not expecting much at such an early stage but there it is.

A few examples.  First hit out straight to Tiger's def sweeper when all our mids were lateral or defensive.

Tap on the wing from a ball to the outside but towards the Tiger end which favoured them and saw a Tiger run onto it and send it deep into their 50.

Caught throwing for Tiger's second direct shot on goal from 45 out which they missed.

Ok this can happen, even with more experienced followers, but the above three examples were all within about 3 minutes of him coming on.

Other things worth mentioning..

Free in the middle against Macca at 12:30 wasnt a free.  Clearly play on.

Another very soft free for a (supposed) push against Brown on member's wing.

Mark paid to Tigers 58 (Olden?) at 15:00 very generous for their first goal.  Took two bites then dropped it.

Watching the ball up in middle at 16:05 Bell rucking.  Both Harmes & Dunstan are too easily pushed away from the drop.  Neither got near it and three Tigers are left to their own devices to waltz out of the middle for a quick entry deep into 50.  Saved by Adams.

I doubt this would happen all that often with Moose around.

The back half of this quarter (post about 15:00) ...

No one did all that much wrong from what i witnessed from here.

Harmes in everthing with great strength/hands, run from contest to contest & distribution (by hand).

For me it's his disposal by foot that's a worry at times and at times you need to hit targets to ease pressure and / or to find a target a bit more often i50 in order to make the most of all the hard work done up the field.  Hitting targets by foot a bit more will also mean less turnovers when you can least afford it.  With so many running forward in support, if you arent perfect with your give n goes by hand, you're gonna be punished the other way as the oppo sling shot it out of your F50.

For mine....one too many talls surely? Why would you have all of Jefferson, Valentine, Macca & BB in any forward set up?

Recipe for making life difficult (up forward and for the mids vs the slingshots) if you ask me.

A number of times the ball came in long , hit the deck and voomp.... the Tiger smalls just mopped and exited easily.  Casey smalls front n sqaure?  Chandler no longer about as well.  Not sure what Moniz's role is either.  He just isnt about much (up forward) or applying enough pressure.

Valentine also trying to thread a needle at 24:00 as if he's Spargy pants.  If he just took a tad more time & glanced inside, he mightve seen Edwards running into 50 about 10 - 20 meters closer & straight in front.

Also the exit from 50 after Macca's snap was far too easy.  Again, possibly too many tall forwards?

To me the Tigers looked well beaten in this 1st quarter but the imbalance up forward with too many talls, a few easy misses on goal (BBB, Jefferson), a bit of dodgy delivery inside and no mopping up (Dunstan running into goal not taking a shot and instead kicking it straight to a few Tigers ughh)  / pressure inside 50 saw us not converting the opportunities and allowing them to transistion the length of the field on a couple of occasions.

Aside from that the Tigers were clean out in the open, transitioned ok out of 50 but brittle as under any meaningful  pressure.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

After watching Q1

Q1 - First 10 minutes

Started well aside from Dunstan missing one relatively easy HB receive from Harmes in the middle.

Brown playing high and presenting on both wings with an involvement early on the member's wing resulting in our first shot at goal.

Dunstan's quick hands to Harmes off HFF was nice but then you had none of the three talls at the time in Jefferson, BB and Macca leading.  They were all playing deep from behind and Harmes's bomb didnt help....straight to a Tiger's D playing in front with none of the other three talls even making the contest.

One of them couldve made a lead at the ball carrier but they all sat back.  Mind you, Harmes didnt seem to assess too well either.  A kick to the fat side might have hit Macca on the chest (if he had the legs?). Sometimes the kicker just needs to just put it out into space with a nicely weighted kick (if he spots a forward...easier said than done of course).

Bell rucking well early.  Relieving mark deep in defence at one stage.  Also a lovely 45 kick into the middle hitting up a mid who then transitioned into 50 for a goal to Edwards.

Tomlinson, Disco, Deakin all fine down back so far for mine.  Disco in particular was rock solid all quarter.

10 minutes onward (approx)...

For mine the momentum began turning as soon a KFW came on for Bell.  Not having a go at him either.  Super raw and not expecting much at such an early stage but there it is.

A few examples.  First hit out straight to Tiger's def sweeper when all our mids were lateral or defensive.

Tap on the wing from a ball to the outside but towards the Tiger end which favoured them and saw a Tiger run onto it and send it deep into their 50.

Caught throwing for Tiger's second direct shot on goal from 45 out which they missed.

Ok this can happen, even with more experienced followers, but the above three examples were all within about 3 minutes of him coming on.

Other things worth mentioning..

Free in the middle against Macca at 12:30 wasnt a free.  Clearly play on.

Another very soft free for a (supposed) push against Brown on member's wing.

Mark paid to Tigers 58 (Olden?) at 15:00 very generous for their first goal.  Took two bites then dropped it.

Watching the ball up in middle at 16:05 Bell rucking.  Both Harmes & Dunstan are too easily pushed away from the drop.  Neither got near it and three Tigers are left to their own devices to waltz out of the middle for a quick entry deep into 50.  Saved by Adams.

I doubt this would happen all that often with Moose around.

The back half of this quarter (post about 15:00) ...

No one did all that much wrong from what i witnessed from here.

Harmes in everthing with great strength/hands, run from contest to contest & distribution (by hand).

For me it's his disposal by foot that's a worry at times and at times you need to hit targets to ease pressure and / or to find a target a bit more often i50 in order to make the most of all the hard work done up the field.  Hitting targets by foot a bit more will also mean less turnovers when you can least afford it.  With so many running forward in support, if you arent perfect with your give n goes by hand, you're gonna be punished the other way as the oppo sling shot it out of your F50.

For mine....one too many talls surely? Why would you have all of Jefferson, Valentine, Macca & BB in any forward set up?

Recipe for making life difficult (up forward and for the mids vs the slingshots) if you ask me.

A number of times the ball came in long , hit the deck and voomp.... the Tiger smalls just mopped and exited easily.  Casey smalls front n sqaure?  Chandler no longer about as well.  Not sure what Moniz's role is either.  He just isnt about much (up forward) or applying enough pressure.

Valentine also trying to thread a needle at 24:00 as if he's Spargy pants.  If he just took a tad more time & glanced inside, he mightve seen Edwards running into 50 about 10 - 20 meters closer & straight in front.

Also the exit from 50 after Macca's snap was far too easy.  Again, possibly too many tall forwards?

To me the Tigers looked well beaten in this 1st quarter but the imbalance up forward with too many talls, a few easy misses on goal (BBB, Jefferson), a bit of dodgy delivery inside and no mopping up (Dunstan running into goal not taking a shot and instead kicking it straight to a few Tigers ughh)  / pressure inside 50 saw us not converting the opportunities and allowing them to transistion the length of the field on a couple of occasions.

Aside from that the Tigers were clean out in the open, transitioned ok out of 50 but brittle as under any meaningful  pressure.

Other quarter reports to follow please

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, layzie said:

T-mac was bang average yesterday. Every effort looked slow motion, I don't know what the problem is but I don't like it. 

He's seemed like this for a while. I'm not sure its going to change anytime soon. 

He's still a running machine and I do like him presenting further up the ground. But his mobility just seems so limited for someone who was already a fairly stiff and upright type of player. It does feel like the more athletic types of Petty and JVR are looking more and more likely to be best 22 at the end of the year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Young Blood said:

He's seemed like this for a while. I'm not sure its going to change anytime soon. 

He's still a running machine and I do like him presenting further up the ground. But his mobility just seems so limited for someone who was already a fairly stiff and upright type of player. It does feel like the more athletic types of Petty and JVR are looking more and more likely to be best 22 at the end of the year.

It was happening in 22, injuries have caught up, I reckon this may be his last year if he cannot get back into some decent form, players are just running off him causing a loose man.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2023 at 8:37 AM, Lucifers Hero said:

With his last contract (2021?) we had little choice.  There had been no trade interest in 2020.  He was on massive $, money we need to re-sign Salem, Petracca, Oliver so had to spread his $ across more years. Hence we have him until 2024.

To be fair to him he obliged re-negotiating that contract to help the club and was an important part of our premiership.

If you mean the previous contract for the big $ it was at a time when he had lots of suitors, was playing extremely well, was an FA and we needed him.  There was no May or Lever back then.

Many contracts will look poor towards the end of playing careers; maybe the long term ones to the likes of Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Salem especially if they are back ended.

Tom re-signed in 2018 when he was just about All Australian at CHF. No issues with that deal even if it aged like milk. We did have Lever though, and May was on the way in for Hogan out.

The issue was the 2 year extension given in 2021 to spread out his 2022 money over this year and next. Unless that gave us incredible cap savings in 2022 it’s likely been a mistake as it’s hurt us this year and next. We might’ve been better just taking the hit last year and then having him at his real value now and if he goes on.

Personally I still think he has the physical gifts to be a strong lead up CHF but he refuses to jump at the ball. Maybe that’s injuries but it might be mental trying to avoid further injury. I’d play him down back at Casey and let him play with freedom. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2023 at 7:07 AM, Sydee said:

Agree with that assessment.

I am getting a little concerned about Jefferson’s lack of intensity I realise he’s not Tom Hawkins but I would like to see some more marks at this level. I think my fear is that he could be the second coming of The Weed. Having BB and TMac in the F50 didn’t help yesterday I guess. 
 

The only ones you could really consider for promotion after that game were Disco, Harmes and Dunstan. 
 

Not giving up on young fellas as we have seen the likes of McVee turn it around fast. Still a lot of improvement required from the others including Howes and Woey before they get a call up. 

Class and marking and kicking skill of Matt Jefferson is permanent, form can be indifferent in VFL with a young draftee. 

Just think of all the other young players at Casey especially this years first year are a work in progress. 

Look how much more consistent and improved Taj Howes are in their second year and Laurie has become in his third year. 

The best is yet to come from all these boys as they develop like JVR and Chandler and or improve on the run like Judd McVee has. 

it's exciting and MattJ is right  in the mix but don't expect too much too soon. 

Patience like with Kade and JVR is the way to go and we will reap our rewards. 
 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2023 at 8:23 AM, demon3165 said:

Bingo!!!

No the bigger mistake was keeping your namesake on the list for about 4/5 injury riddled years. 

Have  fans forgotten Tmac kicked 4 goals vs West Coast 2 weeks ago? 

Agree with one poster who reckons Tmac should be in defence with Casey and with Petty up forward I will predict we will need either Disc or Tmac or even  Tommo if we are to be the best defence we can offer.

Hibbo can't be our default 3 Rd tall nor really can Rivers. One too old and other is better on the ball team wise. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 58er said:

No the bigger mistake was keeping your namesake on the list for about 4/5 injury riddled years. 

Have  fans forgotten Tmac kicked 4 goals vs West Coast 2 weeks ago? 

Agree with one poster who reckons Tmac should be in defence with Casey and with Petty up forward I will predict we will need either Disc or Tmac or even  Tommo if we are to be the best defence we can offer.

Hibbo can't be our default 3 Rd tall nor really can Rivers. One too old and other is better on the ball team wise. 

Apology Demon 3165 this reply is to KENT not yourself.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, 58er said:

No the bigger mistake was keeping your namesake on the list for about 4/5 injury riddled years. 

Have  fans forgotten Tmac kicked 4 goals vs West Coast 2 weeks ago? 

Agree with one poster who reckons Tmac should be in defence with Casey and with Petty up forward I will predict we will need either Disc or Tmac or even  Tommo if we are to be the best defence we can offer.

Hibbo can't be our default 3 Rd tall nor really can Rivers. One too old and other is better on the ball team wise. 

Oh 4 against East Perth under 10's did you watch Casey v tigers an injury depleted side? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched the game. We didn’t set the world on fire but we weren’t terrible either. I agree with the comment we were too tall up forward and KFW is very raw. Brown was ok, TMac is way off. Dunstan and Harmes good but Harmesy can butcher the ball. Disco ok but I don’t get those who want him in the AFL, needs more time to develop. Howes and Woey down on their early season form. Schache and Laurie were missed. 
All in all our VFL squad have lost two games in two years, not time to panic just yet. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Review Q2...

> The Tigers had a focus of winning contested in the middle and also looking to run the ball through there wherever possible off HB.

> They did both with aplomb and run they did.  Their youngsters are raw but they had youthful exuberance and for a large part they were able to roam free up the ground, share the ball around and hit targets through the middle  slingshoting off HB

> Center bounce and stoppage work often at sea.

> Their tackling and pressure was more intense than many Casey players in this quarter who, for whatever reason, didn't seem to be too interested or come with the same level of intensity at the contest, Harmes & Dunstan excluded.

>  Loose ground balls often saw the Tigers first to the pill.  They possibly won this battle as well?

>  I've already mentioned the inexplicable number of tall forwards and Richmond exploited the lack of pressure inside our 50 and our inability to cover off their HB runners.

> The insertion of KFW into what was already a very tall lineup to me tells me the FD may have wanted to use this game as a bit of an experiment with the addition of some youngsters to give them some experience and see where their game / physical development is at.  In other words lets take a deep dive into the listed players.

I got the impression we didn't necessarily set things up seriously in terms of a giving ourselves the best opportunity of winning (mainly due to the inclusion of too many talls and freshmen).  So really....no point continuing to review from here.

The serious stuff starts once we see either one of or both of Moose and White returning and a forward line that offers a decent chance to crumb and pressure when we don't have the ball.

>  Casey failed to cover the corridor offering Richmond easy access and quick transition off HB and they took full advantage

> Some of the younger Casey players are extremely green and without the presence of Moose & White they are somewhat exposed.  Jefferson up forward completely lost and ineffective this quarter.  Playing out of his usual position / role?

> Moniz ... i'm not sure what he offers.  There's a bit of outside receive work but other than that his disposal is often rushed and if it isn't rushed it's often still average or poor, especially kicks inside which often have no penetration and too shallow presenting rebound chances for the oppo.  Haven't seen improvement in him vs 2022 so far this season (just my view).

>  The Tiger's conversion rate was decent.... ours was poor.   We had our chances....

Missed (gettable) shots at goal included...

Valentine x 2

Macca x 1

BBB x 1

Positives:

Sestan...two lovely kicks inside 50 hitting both targets, who went back and missed.  Understands how to weight a ball to the advantage of a forward (finesse).  The odd decent bit of work in the middle also.  If we can stick an engine into this fella and get him off the ground a little, he could be quite a decent player.  As he sits... an attractive prospect that should continue to do well at VFL level.

Harmes... involved in alot, especially mopping up and link up chains.  Tends to play the short game a little too often though.  Looks better when he hunts to find targets inside 50 moving the ball longer and quickly.  His short game is ok but invites pressure when often the longer option is probably the higher % option (from a yardage, 50/50, crumbing perspective) giving forwards better looks.

Dunstan...good by hand and also quite good at mopping up / pressuring and tackling.  Other times he looks either disinterested (or annoyed?) but that could be just that he hates losing, not smashing the oppo or team mates under performing etc.  Missed a very gettable tackle at 26:00 on the arc which saw the Tigers scoring another goal.  If you can't stick those at this level??

Woe... endeavour great.  Moves nicely at times.  Starting to get from contest to contest pretty well.  One nice kick inside hitting up Valentine (who missed).  Another at the 25:00 mark absolute lolly pop shizenhouzen resulting in a turnover rebound, again free running players easily sharing through the middle under little to no pressure for another shot on goal from 50 which went OOTF.

Bell...Occasionally hit outs went straight to the oppo but didn't help that the Tigers seemed to be more on the move / alert at stoppages than we were.  Not expecting him to win every contest but went missing in this quarter a fair bit allowing his young opponent to win a few too many hit outs for first use clearances.  One of those directly resulting in a goal at the 1:00 hour mark (of the replay).

Disco... reasonable quarter (for him), our best defender in the first half.

Macca... i didnt think he was as bad as had been reported.  He was quite involved in this quarter albeit not at the level for a call up.  A tad sloppy and in one instance at the 57:30 minute mark of replay almost too selfless.  Should have gone for goal himself.  Maybe a confidence thing?

Missing was his usual high half forward work to assist up the ground as per BB in the first quarter.  Both of them appearing to stay inside 50 for the most part of this quarter for some reason?

In fact almost everything about Casey's forward work in this quarter could be summarised as sloppy / poor.

If Macca can clean up his disposal / accuracy act and take things up a notch or two with his attack on the pill both in the air and at ground plus high HF running/assists.. who knows.  Is his best footy behind him?   Hard to say as we have no idea as to his foot issues / fitness situation.  A great servant of the club and a VG AFL footballer when in form.  Not there at the moment though.

BBB...Had a few moments but for a senior player i didn't feel he imposed himself (physically, on the scoreboard or even with a score assist or more)

Nice to see KFW get a hit out but of course very young, inexperienced and a work in progress.  Not ready for this level yet although i'm only basing this on his first half.  May have shown something in the second?

Overall a dull, flat, sloppy quarter with plenty of ordinary disposals and poor accuracy in front of the sticks.

As Goody often says with the seniors... "this is not us".  Nor was this the usual Casey!

We need a few back, especially Moose, White, Buntine, Baldi and Bill.

We certainly don't need that many tall forwards lining up again but with Macca & BBB not getting a seniors call up this week...Casey might suffer from the same issue two weeks running against Box Hill!

Edited by Demon Dynasty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    TRAINING: Friday 19th April 2024

    They are out for a run just as it starts raining. It didn't last long, ended up a reasonable session weather wise.  Light duties, BBB, rehab Farris-White, Melky, Salem and Spargo, all with private trainers. They are all playing soccer, huge amount of noise. 36-40 (difficult to get a count) in the main squad, biggest I've seen it in ages. Choco is barking out the orders. Goody has intense body language as he observes. Bowey in a lime green cap (no contact), and in the sim

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    ICEBREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter. The game played in mild Autumn conditions in neutral territory at Kinetic Park, Frankston, never reached great heights in standard but it proved gripping in character at the end at the Casey Demons overcame the Borough to win by 15 points after trailing badly early in the second half.  P

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 4

    PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 194

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 53

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 44

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 505

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 833

    TRAINING: Wednesday 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training. KEV MARTIN'S CAPTAIN'S RUN OBSERVATIONS No-one in rehab this morning, a Captain's run, 26 players. Laurie, Tomlinson, Tholstrup, Chandler, Woey, and Kossie are out there. Rehabbers are out now. Marty, McAdam, Melky, Bowey, Sestan. As a guess for in and outs, I would say, out Laurie, Tomlinson, and W

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 06

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 06 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 06

  • Training  

    Friday, 19th April 2024

    Veteran Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin headed down to Gosch's Paddock today to bring you his observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 19

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The boys dissected the disappointing loss to Brisbane rueing our poor work at the stoppages, debated the role that fatigue played and lamenting the loss of Christian Salem ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 16

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 16

  • Casey Report      

    ICE BREAKER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons have broken the ice for season 2024 with a pulsating come-from-behind victory over Port Melbourne in which it took the lead for the first time at the halfway mark of the final quarter ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 14

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Match Preview      

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 09

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Training  

    Monday, 1st April 2024

    Our man on the spot Bendigo Demon traveled to Adelaide for our back to back games in the City of Churches and brings you his observations from the Demon's training session at Hisense Stadium ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 01

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 07

       vs   

    Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Shane McAdam Hamstring 1-2 Weeks
    Marty Hore Thumb 1-2 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 3 Weeks
    Christian Salem Hamstring 3-4 Weeks
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 4-5 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 9-11 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Max Gawn 67
    2 Christian Petracca 55
    3 Steven May 35
    4 Jack Viney 28
    5 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Trent Rivers 16
    9 Judd McVee 15
    10 Kade Chandler 14

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...