PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Brisbane

Demonland

2 hours ago, mo64 said:

It would be a huge mistake to move Gus back into the midfield, and bring in Salem. Gus is essential in our backline.

Unless Bowey, Rivers or McVee drop in form, Salem needs to bide his time in the VFL. 

Thought Gus's game was very underrated on Sat. 10 marks, most of them intercepts and was really composed with disposal. Keep him back for now. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, layzie said:

Thought Gus's game was very underrated on Sat. 10 marks, most of them intercepts and was really composed with disposal. Keep him back for now. 

I think he was pretty quiet for the first half but played a blinding 2nd. Agree to keep him in defence.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

I think he was pretty quiet for the first half but played a blinding 2nd. Agree to keep him in defence.

Yeah, in first half Gus stood out for all the wrong reasons.   He had a horrible passage of play early in the 2nd quarter where he missed Bowie by a meter or two by hand, fumbled the ball when it came back to him then kicked it out on the full, all under minimal pressure.  Thankfully he turned it around bigtime after halftime.  I think he plays his best footy across halfback too.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Vipercrunch said:

Yeah, in first half Gus stood out for all the wrong reasons.   He had a horrible passage of play early in the 2nd quarter where he missed Bowie by a meter or two by hand, fumbled the ball when it came back to him then kicked it out on the full, all under minimal pressure.  Thankfully he turned it around bigtime after halftime.  I think he plays his best footy across halfback too.

That was an interesting moment in the game, We were absolutely under pressure and our team made a few funadamental errors. he Dogs pressure rating at that point was 215 which is phenomenal. But they steadied quite quickly and returned the pressure back around onto the Dogs.

It was game over after we saw off their best efforts

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

That was an interesting moment in the game, We were absolutely under pressure and our team made a few funadamental errors. he Dogs pressure rating at that point was 215 which is phenomenal. But they steadied quite quickly and returned the pressure back around onto the Dogs.

It was game over after we saw off their best efforts

Such a great ammount of belief in themselves and teamates. How often now do we comeback and score so fluidly? I think we are well and truly renting free in the doggies mindset these days.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BangBnagBang said:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/03/22/a-bit-of-bad-blood-recently-retired-lion-lifts-lid-on-demons-rivalry/

“They’ve always had this kind of not smugness, but you can tell they just think they’re better than us.”

Soooo... Brisbane don't think they're better than us?  Getting upset because another team has confidence is amusing.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BangBnagBang said:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/03/22/a-bit-of-bad-blood-recently-retired-lion-lifts-lid-on-demons-rivalry/

“They’ve always had this kind of not smugness, but you can tell they just think they’re better than us.”

Gee as a Lions administrator you would be nervous every time Robinson opens his mouth

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

Gee as a Lions administrator you would be nervous every time Robinson opens his mouth

Well it certainly doesn’t equate to the ok ‘all duck no dinner’ we dishes up last year. 

I think it’s going to be a huge game on Friday and it will be a spirited encounter.  We have a point to prove given last years loss and they have to rebound in front of their own sell out crowd. 

They have more pressure on them to perform and I get the feeling they crumble a bit when the heat is on. 

It’s with going to be less than a goal either way or 60+ point win for us. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Action Jackson said:

“I guess you don’t have to go back too far to the Zorko/Petty incident, that was heavily publicised what went on there, Zorko apologised, and he may have overstepped the mark, (but) 100 per cent (it was coming from the Demons first)."

How on Earth do you glean the bracketed from what was actually said?

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

As for Charlie Cameron, I’d try to rotate McVee, Bowey and Rivers through him. Don’t ask one player to go it alone the full game 

This^^ Don’t let Cameron settle. Rotate opponents through him

• Clap 1

1 hour ago, BangBnagBang said:

Omfg this is dredging up such unwanted memories…

IF YOU’RE NOT SORRY THEN   DON’T [censored] “APOLOGISE”

43555510-79CE-453E-A998-C15527DCC7A1.thumb.jpeg.1f94bffcadd12a2e32de7a582eeb66d1.jpeg

I find the Berry incident in the semi almost as bad as the Zorko one. Probably because we were watching our season come to a premature end, and also because it wasn’t in the heat of the moment. Two weeks had passed and that chump saw fit to carry on with it. Boy, am I gonna put this fury to good use on Friday night! Probs end up snapping a flagpole. 😡

We HAVE to beat them!

• Like 1

Salem always takes 2 or 3 games to get back to his best when returning from a break. I would be inclined to have at least one Casey outing for him.

Really need Fritta back in for goal power with Kossie out.

May leg injuries worry me. Has to be absolutely 100% or rest again.

Imagine Viney will be back. 
So Viney and Fritsch in / Kossie and Laurie out

Also think we need to play JVR early in the season to keep motivation up. He has apparently been “close” for a long time and hit preseason in prime condition. Resting TMac’s foot seems logical for this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BangBnagBang said:

That’s because we are better than you mate

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Omfg this is dredging up such unwanted memories…

IF YOU’RE NOT SORRY THEN   DON’T [censored] “APOLOGISE”

43555510-79CE-453E-A998-C15527DCC7A1.thumb.jpeg.1f94bffcadd12a2e32de7a582eeb66d1.jpeg

I find the Berry incident in the semi almost as bad as the Zorko one. Probably because we were watching our season come to a premature end, and also because it wasn’t in the heat of the moment. Two weeks had passed and that chump saw fit to carry on with it. Boy, am I gonna put this fury to good use on Friday night! Probs end up snapping a flagpole. 😡

We HAVE to beat them!

What was the Berry incident.??

On a lighter note, I’m on my way to this…

7A09A627-E75F-426F-8902-6FE987BDFD12.thumb.jpeg.00ca1ef55537ac59dac5a84008f241db.jpeg

The entertainment starts at 7:30 but for mine it starts as soon as Clarry opens his mouth. 😆

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

What was the Berry incident.??

He taunted Harry by pretending to cry. 

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Well it certainly doesn’t equate to the ok ‘all duck no dinner’ we dishes up last year. 

I think it’s going to be a huge game on Friday and it will be a spirited encounter.  We have a point to prove given last years loss and they have to rebound in front of their own sell out crowd. 

They have more pressure on them to perform and I get the feeling they crumble a bit when the heat is on. 

It’s with going to be less than a goal either way or 60+ point win for us. 

Hence why Langdon will never do media again haha

On 3/21/2023 at 3:47 PM, Stu said:

A couple of records to watch if Fritsch and McDonald play on Friday:

• Bayley has kicked at least one goal in 29 consecutive games - he kicked one in the last 5 games of 2021, and he kicked a goal in every one of our 24 games last season.
  • Tom has played in 15 consecutive wins - playing in the Round 20 win against Gold Coast in 2021, (missing Round 21 and 22 with a sore back) and coming back for the great win in Geelong, and the finals series. He then played in the first 9 rounds last year, all wins, and returned for the win in Round 1.

Just to add one more record:

• Melbourne have won 12 consecutive games interstate, when you include against neutral opposition like the 2021 finals series and the Alice Springs game last year. The last lost was when we played Collingwood in Sydney in Round 13, 2021 (that loss still cuts deep).
  • If you want to count only away games played against interstate teams, we have won eight in a row, the last one being against Adelaide in Round 9, 2021 when we lost by a point. 

That's some fantastic away form.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BangBnagBang said:

That's coming from Mitch, he would get that feeling from most players. And he would be right, most are better than him!

• Haha 1