Match Review Panel 2023

Demonland

18 hours ago, Kit Walker said:

Somewhat surprisingly, I think the MRO got the three decisions more or less right.

Cotchin maybe a little lucky, the De Goey one was a sling but wasn't a drive into the ground, and Berry actually jumped into the Preuss tackle so I don't think there was much he could do.

It's not the actual incident , but it is the player profile, and , of course, we are always being told this comes into their final impartial decision..

Ok look, the points system sucked but what I don't understand is can't they have a caution system where repeat offenders that do a number of "small" acts end up getting a one week suspension.

It seems the most obvious way to go about it, the caution can hang for 6 weeks before it goes away if people don't want it always there for the entire season. 

In isolation I would agree that all these incidents don't merit suspension, but give them warnings that leave them open to potential suspension and they might think about doing something idiotic the next time.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, Nascent said:

Cotchin has been getting away with this dirty stuff his whole career. Would be nice if people got suspended for deliberate malicious acts rather than incidental collisions and tackles.

Flawed call from the MRC. Looking a many past incidents, the similarity of the behaviour is the same. Dirtbag. 

• Angry 1

• 4 months later...

3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Nankervous misses Dees game. He will miss games against West Coast, Hawthorn and Melbourne.

Seems about the right penalty imv 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, deespicable me said:

That thug should have got 6. Most other cases we've seen this year were mis-judgements. They weren't malicious..... His was

So was DeGoey’s hit and he only copped 3. That one should have been more too. 

5 hours ago, Demonland said:

We play the Tigers in 3 weeks.

So it will be downgraded to 2. 
MFCSS 🙄