CHANGES: Rd 15 vs Essendon

titan_uranus

Viney IN 

Weed OUT

Playing with TMac, Fritsch and Jackson up forward.

Essendon are playing well, and while we were disappointing against Collingwood, lets be a bit more calm and put it all in perspective. We are 11-2 and we are a bloody good team. If we lose the next couple of games, then I will start getting worried, but until that time, I have faith in our players and coaching committee, given what they have done so far this year.

Some supporter rang up SEN yesterday and was going off about how bad the Weed has played (and rightly so) but he was going off about the selection committee and was really annoyed. The radio hosts started laughing when he got off and were wondering how upset the guy would be if we were down the bottom, not on TOP OF THE LADDER!

We of course need to stop their better players, but can they stop Trac, Oliver, Viney and Gawn if we are on top? Can they stop TMac, Jacko and Fritsch if we win the clearances? They need to be worrying about us. Last time I was worried about a team spreading and out running us we made the dogs look second rate, lets hope we do it again.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Yokozuna said:

Viney IN 

Weed OUT

Playing with TMac, Fritsch and Jackson up forward.

Essendon are playing well, and while we were disappointing against Collingwood, lets be a bit more calm and put it all in perspective. We are 11-2 and we are a bloody good team. If we lose the next couple of games, then I will start getting worried, but until that time, I have faith in our players and coaching committee, given what they have done so far this year.

Some supporter rang up SEN yesterday and was going off about how bad the Weed has played (and rightly so) but he was going off about the selection committee and was really annoyed. The radio hosts started laughing when he got off and were wondering how upset the guy would be if we were down the bottom, not on TOP OF THE LADDER!

We of course need to stop their better players, but can they stop Trac, Oliver, Viney and Gawn if we are on top? Can they stop TMac, Jacko and Fritsch if we win the clearances? They need to be worrying about us. Last time I was worried about a team spreading and out running us we made the dogs look second rate, lets hope we do it again.

Just a gut feel of yours or will this be the confirmed changes?

You have great track record so just curious more then anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was told this is the most likely scenario. Was trying to get more but didn't want to push my luck.

Hopefully my record stays correct later tonight (for my sake)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Where's our What they're saying at Windy Hill thread.

I was wondering the same thing!

16 minutes ago, loges said:

Fair enough selection,but surely we have to give BB a run of games before the finals.

Surely BB has to earn his spot in the team not be an automatic selection 

On his limited exposed form to date he is far from best 22 imo

He has been unlucky that there has been no VFL to show the MC he is ready to perform - however having said that his most recent performance at that level was underwhelming 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Across the past 6 matches we’re the 9th highest scoring and have failed to crack 100 points. Our form has dropped off and we haven’t been a top four team statistically across the past 6 weeks. Both our offense and defense have been worked out to a degree and we’re now struggling to implement both with much fluency.

Across the same time period, Bombers are 6th highest scoring and pulled out a 140+ score. They’re in good offensive form. We need to be on our game to stop them. We’ve learnt from the Adelaide and Pies games that every game is loseable, doesn’t matter if they’re bottom four.

Oh come on.

In the last six matches we've played, and beaten, three top 8 sides (Sydney, the Dogs and Brisbane). We may not have scored 100 but we put 87 against the Dogs and 97 against the Lions, as well as 94 against Carlton and 95 against Adelaide. Four of our last six scores have been 87+.

In Essendon's last six matches Essendon has played two top 8 sides (which happen to be the worst two, sitting 7th and 8th), and lost to one of them. The 140+ score you mention was against the bottom side sporting a 1-12 record. They've also in that time conceded 100 points twice, including 123 vs Richmond. 

Their highest score against a top 8 side all season has been 87 vs West Coast. 

If we've been "worked out to a degree", but that degree means we conceded 80 points to Collingwood (our second highest score against all year), I'm not sure that's something to be drastically worried about.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Oh come on.

In the last six matches we've played, and beaten, three top 8 sides (Sydney, the Dogs and Brisbane). We may not have scored 100 but we put 87 against the Dogs and 97 against the Lions, as well as 94 against Carlton and 95 against Adelaide. Four of our last six scores have been 87+.

In Essendon's last six matches Essendon has played two top 8 sides (which happen to be the worst two, sitting 7th and 8th), and lost to one of them. The 140+ score you mention was against the bottom side sporting a 1-12 record. They've also in that time conceded 100 points twice, including 123 vs Richmond. 

Their highest score against a top 8 side all season has been 87 vs West Coast. 

If we've been "worked out to a degree", but that degree means we conceded 80 points to Collingwood (our second highest score against all year), I'm not sure that's something to be drastically worried about.

I always love the 'we don't score 100+' argument when we constantly score in the mid 90's

• Like 1