Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     

Ticketing for Rd 05 vs Hawthorn



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep. Being a 71 year old junior seems to be the only way I can get the reserved seat I've already paid for :) And 70 yr old Mrs B will be pleased she is attending with junior status

Does anyone know which bays are considered "dry/alcohol free zones"? My reserved seat ticket is unlocking seats in M5 or M34, I'm concerned these are alcohol free.   I sound like I have

Normally the process is very smooth. Today I selected 'Melbourne allocation 1', thinking well yep, I am a H&A reserved seat member that makes sense (and it is our replacement game), and then

Posted Images

in answer to my own question the answer is yes

Replacement home game locked in

Melbourne members can gain general admission access to Round 5

MELBOURNE’S Round 5 AFL clash against Hawthorn has been confirmed as a replacement game for Demon members in 2021.

Access to the match, which is scheduled to take place at the MCG on Sunday, April 18 at 3.20pm AEST, will be in place of the Dees’ home fixture in Alice Springs later in the year.

All members with home game access will be able to redeem a $0 ticket, as per the standard process this year, using their 12-digit barcode via Ticketek.

Tickets will be available from 10am to 12pm AEST on Wednesday, April 14.

Match details

Round 5
Hawthorn v Melbourne
Sunday, April 18
3.20pm AEST
MCG 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to Ticketing for Rd 05 vs Hawthorn
On 4/9/2021 at 9:36 AM, daisycutter said:

in answer to my own question the answer is yes

Replacement home game locked in

Melbourne members can gain general admission access to Round 5

MELBOURNE’S Round 5 AFL clash against Hawthorn has been confirmed as a replacement game for Demon members in 2021.

Access to the match, which is scheduled to take place at the MCG on Sunday, April 18 at 3.20pm AEST, will be in place of the Dees’ home fixture in Alice Springs later in the year.

All members with home game access will be able to redeem a $0 ticket, as per the standard process this year, using their 12-digit barcode via Ticketek.

Tickets will be available from 10am to 12pm AEST on Wednesday, April 14.

Match details

Round 5
Hawthorn v Melbourne
Sunday, April 18
3.20pm AEST
MCG 

Thanks for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks daisycutter. 

What I would like to know is why hasn't the MFC sent out any messages to members that this is the case. This shoould have been done yesterday at the latest. Communicating with members is not one of the strong points about te MFC. Maybe the new president can put the shoe up some backsides and get the administrators to look after the members a bit better.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On Ticketek it says Club Members tickets go on sale today from 1pm. Can you book tickets today with a Melbourne home & away membership or are we strictly tomorrow?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

On Ticketek it says Club Members tickets go on sale today from 1pm. Can you book tickets today with a Melbourne home & away membership or are we strictly tomorrow?

It would help if the club let members know as it is a reciprical game. I think what you are talking about is hawthorn members only.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to get MCC tickets yesterday.  Got to payment page and it said credit card blocked, contact supplier.....It isn't and it wasn't.  So can't buy tickets.

So head off to Ticketek sellers.  One in Exhibition st says their website.  Get there.  It's closed.  Off to Atheneum.  Fortunately open.  Told my problem is not uncommon, and they are only an agency, so nothing they can do.  No-one answers the phones at Ticketek.

Paid for ticket with same credit card......Ticket sent to phone digitally, straight away.  Then it prints out at the sellers terminal as well to the surprise of the agent. 

Friend who had bought our tickets last week got multiple messages during the game with repeats of the tickets we had bought and used to get into the ground.

Let's hope this covid restriction ends soon, so we don't have to keep interacting with these clowns.

 

Edited by george_on_the_outer
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dee Zephyr said:

On Ticketek it says Club Members tickets go on sale today from 1pm. Can you book tickets today with a Melbourne home & away membership or are we strictly tomorrow?

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/member-ticketing/r5

According to the MFC Website it says:

Tickets will be available from 10am to 12pm AEST on Wednesday, April 14.

Agree that communication should have gone out today or whatever day it has usually gone out to reiterate the correct date.

I understand that tickets are available for members tomorrow and the club may very well put out the email later today or tomorrow morning as a reminder. However because people are now used to the Tuesday buying of tickets it would have been nice for an email and social media reminder that Members can get tickets on Wednesday for their replacement game.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Let's hope this covid restriction ends soon, so we don't have to keep interacting with these clowns.

 

I've mentioned this on the podcast but I believe that even once the COVID restrictions end there is a good chance the AFL & venue will want to keep this arrangement so they know exactly how many people will be rocking up and where they'll be sitting. It is a good form of control and helps them with staffing and catering requirements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I've mentioned this on the podcast but I believe that even once the COVID restrictions end there is a good chance the AFL & venue will want to keep this arrangement so they know exactly how many people will be rocking up and where they'll be sitting. It is a good form of control and helps them with staffing and catering requirements.

and it allows them to close off more of the ground thus reducing staff and cleaning costs.

The issue will be who pays them or the ticket company or will we all get the dreaded $5 admin fee

Edited by Diamond_Jim
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

and it allows them to close off more of the ground thus reducing staff and cleaning costs.

The issue will be who pays them or the ticket company or will we all get the dreaded $5 admin fee

Yes reduction in cleaning would be a factor too.

They can start by cleaning the dried bird poo that has been smeared on my seat for close to a decade.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to confirm I just tried my barcode now (1:00pm - which usually is the premium home member ticket time) and got the following error.

Screenshot_2021-04-13 Hawthorn v Melbourne .png

Tomorrow (Wednesday) 10am for Melbourne Members Reciprocal Tickets

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Just to confirm I just tried my barcode now (1:00pm - which usually is the premium home member ticket time) and got the following error.

Screenshot_2021-04-13 Hawthorn v Melbourne .png

Tomorrow (Wednesday) 10am for Melbourne Members Reciprocal Tickets

is the barcode they normally email the same each week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

is the barcode they normally email the same each week?

Yes. Your barcode doesn’t change week to week. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a complete joke. We now have to qr code going into the ground so we should be able to use our normal MFC members ticket. Those buying tickets at the gate should supply id and that is entered into system when purchasing ticket. I don't care what any one thinks the pollies just want to have complete control over our lives.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

is the barcode they normally email the same each week?

Yes. As @Jaded mentioned it is the barcode from your physical membership that is conveniently sent but the club via email each week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dl4e said:

This is a complete joke. We now have to qr code going into the ground so we should be able to use our normal MFC members ticket. Those buying tickets at the gate should supply id and that is entered into system when purchasing ticket. I don't care what any one thinks the pollies just want to have complete control over our lives.

I don't believe it's as nefarious as that. I think it will eventually go back to normal but I do believe that it won't be normal straight away even once we go back to 100%. 

Not a political opinion. I think we'd be seeing the same controls no matter who is in power. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Well done to the MCG for closing the top level of the southern  and ponsford stand last week (where most seats are under cover) despite it raining for most of the game.

Mentioned that to a mate as the rain started. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, george_on_the_outer said:

Tried to get MCC tickets yesterday.  Got to payment page and it said credit card blocked, contact supplier.....It isn't and it wasn't.  So can't buy tickets.

So head off to Ticketek sellers.  One in Exhibition st says their website.  Get there.  It's closed.  Off to Atheneum.  Fortunately open.  Told my problem is not uncommon, and they are only an agency, so nothing they can do.  No-one answers the phones at Ticketek.

Paid for ticket with same credit card......Ticket sent to phone digitally, straight away.  Then it prints out at the sellers terminal as well to the surprise of the agent. 

Friend who had bought our tickets last week got multiple messages during the game with repeats of the tickets we had bought and used to get into the ground.

Let's hope this covid restriction ends soon, so we don't have to keep interacting with these clowns.

 

wow - nice perseverance

Clowns is a perfect way to describe them - their company is set up to supply tickets to events and they can't even do that?! pay some money and get a decent website and platform for the love of god!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Anzac eve promises to be a debacle

I am so greatful that both our 'blockbusters' this year are our home games.

It is a nightmare to get tickets to the ANZAC eve and Queens Birthday games at the best of times, let alone with restrictions and reduced capacity.

Lets hope that by finals time, we are back to 100% capacity.... *puts lid back on*

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    THE EYE OF THE STORM by Whispering Jack

    When Melbourne monstered Richmond a few weeks back on the MCG thereby registering their sixth win on the trot, the block of games to follow looked highly appealing. After a stirring victory in difficult conditions over the reigning premier, the games to come were against a quartet of low achievers from 2020. North were winless, the Swans were the early high flyers now falling into a slump, Carlton couldn’t take a trick and the Crows had just lost an unloseable game to the Hawks in Launceston. Ev

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DUCKING A PLUCKING by George On The Outer

    With seven consecutive wins for 2021 behind it, and not having played well in its previous game,  Melbourne was ripe for the picking (or plucking) by the Sydney Swans. However, in the end, it was the Ducks who found themselves plucked by a Demons side that continues its relentless successful roll for the Season. Or did the Demons narrowly duck a plucking themselves? Sydney brought its usual game style to the M.C.G.  Get in front and then shut down the game, scrap and refuse to mov

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE MERRY, MERRY MONTH OF MAY by The Oracle

    The month of May was a little more than halfway into its second day when the news came. Melbourne was on top of the AFL table for the first time since Round 3, 2005. As usual with the Demons, there was no time for celebration. They had just lost tough nut Jack Viney with yet another soft spot in his foot, Adam Tomlinson’s year was in ruins with what was subsequently confirmed as an ACL and Bayley Fritsch’s careless but unintentional fend off on North’s Tom Powell was about to see him charge

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    BLUNDSTONE BOOTED by George on the Outer

    The tough Aussie Blundstone boot is made for true blue collar workers, and so it was at this aptly named stadium in Hobart, that the Demons were made to work their hardest for their seventh consecutive win of the season. From the outset, North Melbourne put scoreboard pressure on Melbourne with two majors at an early stage in the first quarter. The Demons fought back and temporarily had the lead but the Kangaroos responded to lead by five points at quarter time. This was not what the public

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNTROUBLED by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons were untroubled for the third week in a row as they went on a four quarter romp at Marvel Stadium to record a 107 point win over an undermanned bottom-of-the-ladder North Melbourne VFL. The scoring riot began about ten minutes into the game when Sam Weideman notched the first of four goals that could easily have been six or seven but for some uncharacteristic misses from close in. The Demon forward, spurned so far by the club’s AFL selectors, demonstrated a strong work rate

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    I’LL GIVE THEE A WIND by Whispering Jack

    The football world was reminded this week about the last time Melbourne opened a season with six wins or more in a row. That was in 1965 when Sir Robert Gordon Menzies was Prime Minister of Australia and the country was fighting a war in faraway Vietnam. It was before Jack Viney’s father, Todd, was born — a time when the game was played almost exclusively on Saturdays and when Demon fans used to wake up in the morning mostly safe in the knowledge that there was not even the remotest possibility

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAKING HISTORY by KC from Casey

    This was a weekend of history with Anzac Day commemorations throughout the community including the sporting world including the VFL. For the Casey Demons, which originated from the Springvale Football Club founded in 1903, it was a double celebration as Saturday’s game was a celebration of the club’s 750th VFA/VFL match since admission to the competition in 1982. Springvale became the Casey Scorpions in 2005 when the club moved to Casey Fields and since 2017 has been known as the Casey Demo

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    THE TWO ELEPHANTS NOT IN THE ROOM by WJ

    After another slow start when they conceded 2.3.15 to nothing in a handball-happy opening 15 minutes, the unflappable Demons delivered a warning sign of major proportions to the rest of the competition with their 34-point win over the reigning premiers in their Anzac Eve contest. And what made things even more ominous is that they did it without two elephants in the room - key forwards Ben Brown and Sam Weideman who have been amassing goals at VFL level while coming back from injuries that

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    A TALE OF TWO HEROES by Whispering Jack

    On Saturday night at the ANZAC Day Eve game between Melbourne and Richmond, we will give recognition to the achievements of two great Demons who made significant contributions to the Melbourne Football Club over substantially different time spans. The first is the late Frank V “Checker” Hughes who was born on 26 February 1894 and began his career as a Richmond player in 1915. Shortly after, Hughes was called on to serve his country when he went to war during WW1. He returned from battle and

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    TURNING POINT by The Oracle

    It wasn’t that long ago when Melbourne held sway in its Anzac Eve matches against Richmond. The early versions of the blockbuster saw the Demons home by 32 points in 2015 and 33 in 2016. When the turning point came it was dramatic and sudden. The Demons might have been on an upward curve in 2017 under new coach Simon Goodwin but so were the Tigers who had finished a disappointing 13th in 2016. When the teams met in Round 5 under lights in front of a crowd of 85,657 — the highest ever betwee

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STARTING OVER by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons made a successful return to the playing field with a 51 point away from home victory over the Box Hill Hawks. The visitors were starting over after a hiatus of almost 20 months and fielded a strong team of 14 AFL listed players against an undermanned opponent. And they showed from the first bounce that they were out to make up for lost time with an aggressive opening that saw them off to 21 point lead at the first break with thanks to a dominant midfield and two key forward

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NUTCRACKER by George on the Outer

    Q: How to crack a tough nut? A: Use a bigger hammer! It took Melbourne until the last quarter to crack the Hawthorn nut. These days, the Hawks under Alastair Clarkson simply don’t have the talent that served them so well in years gone, and they have to rely on not losing rather than trying to win.   The result is that the match became a slog for three quarters, as Hawthorn clogged the game, flooded heavily and simply stopped the Melbourne run.  Even in the first quarter the signs

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...