• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2020 Player Reviews: #23 James Jordon

Demonland

On 11/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, Fat Tony said:

Think he will make it Dazzle?

As someone that's known this kid and his since primary school (he's my brothers closest mates from up my hometown of Yarrawonga) I try and stay out of any talk regarding Jimmy Jordan.

But to answer your question, I don't know whether he has a contract on offer and it seems likely imo now that he will go around for another year. 

But in my honest opinion I don't see him making it. He'll be depth at best. A few locals were shocked that he was drafted so high as we thought maybe rookie at best, or undrafted. I know he got drafted on the back of some pretty decent school games at Caufield Grammar so it's obvious that Jason Taylor and his team see something in him. All up to our coaching staff now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

As someone that's known this kid and his since primary school (he's my brothers closest mates from up my hometown of Yarrawonga) I try and stay out of any talk regarding Jimmy Jordan.

But to answer your question, I don't know whether he has a contract on offer and it seems likely imo now that he will go around for another year. 

But in my honest opinion I don't see him making it. He'll be depth at best. A few locals were shocked that he was drafted so high as we thought maybe rookie at best, or undrafted. I know he got drafted on the back of some pretty decent school games at Caufield Grammar so it's obvious that Jason Taylor and his team see something in him. All up to our coaching staff now.

That is the problem for so many of our recent and mid-term recruiting abilities.

Under Goodwin, few have made the considerable improvements in order to play week in, week out with consistent results of a positive nature.

We now have Yze  and I'd like to think that he has the 'runs on the board' experience and diligence to improve our younger blokes. Furthermore, I don't reckon just one able coach (Yze) is enough to achieve such improvements (so many) across the board of eligible learners.

As stated previously, months and months ago, I'd still like to see Jordan Lewis assisting and mentoring players with Yze, taking on his strategic game play routines and skills development. Goodwin is firstly irrelevant for such a role and secondly, has not done the job well, despite a plethora of human resources and alleged skills/gameplay 'experts' on his watch. 

2 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He’ll make it alright... Elite user, can go inside/outside & is working on his explosiveness and lateral movement which will solidify his game and give him a crack at the wing slot.

Sparrow though IMHO may go past one of of our mids as early as late next year that kids a bull, composed & ready to EXPLODE!!!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nudge said:

He’ll make it alright... Elite user, can go inside/outside & is working on his explosiveness and lateral movement which will solidify his game and give him a crack at the wing slot.

Sparrow though IMHO may go past one of of our mids as early as late next year that kids a bull, composed & ready to EXPLODE!!!  

Doubt it, but anyhow..

James is on the list and that makes him a chance of selection. If he  produces good form in the preseason matches then he will IMV be a big chance to make his long awaited debut.

Pick 33 in the National Draft in 2018 must have talent.   In the same  draft young Tom Sparrow went at  Pick 27.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nosoupforme said:

James is on the list and that makes him a chance of selection. If he  produces good form in the preseason matches then he will IMV be a big chance to make his long awaited debut.

Pick 33 in the National Draft in 2018 must have talent.   In the same  draft young Tom Sparrow went at  Pick 27.

Players in that kind of draft range don't make it all the time. Even the best recruiters get them wrong a fair bit. 

Sparrow has athletic upside as a standout trait that gives him a chance to be a useful player. Jordon doesn't appear to have that same upside and his skills are solid but not special.

We had character and work ethic as a big focus going in to that draft, the powers that be thought we needed some good kids to straighten the place up a bit. And Jordon was only just eligible for the draft and boarding students are often underdeveloped physically. There's a distinct chance we put a bet on him making big strides physically and in his game being young and raw and whilst his tank and application are both strong points if he doesn't have any special abilities he might just be useful depth. One thing that concerned me was how quickly they moved him from half back to an on baller, it's like they were super quick to decide he didn't have the defensive skills, pace or elite kicking to play half back. If he stayed at half back he might've played the games Rivers' did this year but he was out of there so quickly.

He can have a great preseason and be stuck behind all our mids too. It's hard to make too many judgements not seeing him play all season but his draft pick doesn't really fill me with confidence when there's little else to go on.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Thanks DD. From the outside, Jordon looks to have the skills but not yet the strength/athleticism. I remember Egan was quite positive on his development early in the year. In saying this, he is competing with very good inside midfielders and so it will be tough to break into our side. The other spot he could play is half back, but I think that Salem has the spot as our distributor.

39 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Thanks DD. From the outside, Jordon looks to have the skills but not yet the strength/athleticism. I remember Egan was quite positive on his development early in the year. In saying this, he is competing with very good inside midfielders and so it will be tough to break into our side. The other spot he could play is half back, but I think that Salem has the spot as our distributor.

They initially tried him half back at VFL level and found that he wasn't cutting it in that position before he got shifted to the midfield mid year. He had some success there, but wasn't big midfield numbers.

The issue is its all good that he's being trained up to be an i side mid, then out of the names of Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw, Langdon, Harmes and Sparrow who does he replace? Sparrow is already well developed ahead of him and that's maybe who i could see coming in for a game or two.

I just can't see how he fits in. Add in the two 1st rounders we are about to add on our list who I think will be most likely outside mids then again, its difficult to see how he makes it at AFL level.

1 minute ago, dazzledavey36 said:

They initially tried him half back at VFL level and found that he wasn't cutting it in that position before he got shifted to the midfield mid year. He had some success there, but wasn't big midfield numbers.

The issue is its all good that he's being trained up to be an i side mid, then out of the names of Oliver, Petracca, Viney, Brayshaw, Langdon, Harmes and Sparrow who does he replace? Sparrow is already well developed ahead of him and that's maybe who i could see coming in for a game or two.

I just can't see how he fits in. Add in the two 1st rounders we are about to add on our list who I think will be most likely outside mids then again, its difficult to see how he makes it at AFL level.

Yes he is definitely against good players for a spot. In saying that, we need to have depth and he is potentially a better kick than all of those mentioned.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Yes he is definitely against good players for a spot. In saying that, we need to have depth and he is potentially a better kick than all of those mentioned.

He’s a good kick andhas potential to play a role across half back or could fill in as the small defender.  Like to see him develop in the first half of ‘21. 

On 11/11/2020 at 4:08 PM, Nascent said:

I have no idea why but I like the kid and want him to make it.

He has a catchy name, if he's anything like his long lost uncle in Chicago, he could be anything.