Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Port Adelaide

Demonland

14 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

You watch we will give the crows their first win next week. 

Only Melb would lose to a side who has lost all games this season and are on the bottom of the ladder. 

That would make complete sense Ox as that was a wooden spooner performance / effort we witnessed tonight.  Worse really.  Looked to me like an AFL club playing a half decent VFL side.  We are not even in the AFL ball park now.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NeveroddoreveN said:

We really need to recruit that psychologist that helped get to the bottom of years of failure over at Tigerland.

We played with no pressure across the entire park.  There were a few individual efforts and one good team passage of play.  They just decide after first few minutes that this was too hard?  I really would like to know why it takes an absolute roasting in the press for them to play half decent football.  Then after said good game (or 2 if we are lucky) we get content, think we are good, pats on the back all around and complacency sets in again.  Get out of this cycle Demons, get the best sports psychologist to help retrain some of the carp that seems to be inbuilt into players across our club. I think most would agree we are simply not getting enough out of a really decent list.  I doubt we even reviewed our loss vs Brisbane because it was a "decent effort".  It was actually a precursor to an even quicker side by foot in Port doing exactly the same tactics 4 days later and we actually had no answers. It was hot potato panic stations all night long! Let us win the contest and outnumber on the outside.  We win the ball, get tackled, cough ball up and they are off to the races with players running freely with no pressure.  This team is so darn frustrating, on so many levels!!!

S some good points.

we have a good squad

i hate to say it 

BU

It's tn coach

We were putrid tonight and I left the ground absolutely gutted . I am not going to make excuses but we had absolute no energy from the get go and I thought very early on that our goose was cooked .i dont know the effect of the 4 day break on the team because this is new territory but there was no spark at any time tonight .

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, rufus said:

We got 3 weeks of applying physical pressure to our opponents after the players got called out by the media...which is 1 or 2 more weeks than i expected. So we should be happy really. Funnily enough we managed the kick some goals those weeks.

Goes to show just how much passion this group has for the club and the supporters though doesn't it. They'll have a crack for a bit if they get called out publicly...but the idea of giving that sort of effort week in week out is unthinkable.

I worked in Collingwood one time and sat in the Berbers chair where I heard Len Thompson in an opposite chair say that the worst thing about losing was that you got spat on by supporters no matter where you were,

While I do not countenance that level of behaviour

WE NEED TO GET MORE BRUTUAL TO OUR PLAYERS(REPRESENTATIVES) because if they continue this stuff for too long there will be deaths.

11 minutes ago, Fat Tony said:

Pickett needs to stop giving away free kicks at the end of his chase. The fact that this has happened about half a dozen times this season is an indictment on our coaching. 

agreed. That stupid bone headed low IQ stuff runs rampant through our players

• Like 1

I live in Perth and am about to drive 1300km North to camp on a beach with the family, fish off the beach and drink beer. I have no phone service and no tv. It is unfortunate that we still have radio service but think I’ll be avoiding listening to our games. Bloody excited about the holiday and distancing myself from footy.

We are a joke of club...and that is something that hurts me deeply to say

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cookieboc said:

Wont matter who coaches us. will be the same results.

Lets be honest, the only reason we are a "club" is because of the AFLs TV deal. When they actually decide not to prop up any clubs, then we will be gone. Could be closer than we think with Covid

If we weren't the original club we would've been dead years ago.

1 hour ago, CHF said:

I cannot recall a game of football where one team showed such woeful skills. There was no connection. the field kicking was dreadful. we could not string together 3 possessions and we did not run to spread. we also gave away stupid frees and did not stick tackles.

Did I miss anything?

It's the coach

6 minutes ago, kallangurdemon said:

We were putrid tonight and I left the ground absolutely gutted . I am not going to make excuses but we had absolute no energy from the get go and I thought very early on that our goose was cooked .i dont know the effect of the 4 day break on the team because this is new territory but there was no spark at any time tonight .

...and the game four days ago was hard-faught in the wet against the other best-side-in-the-comp.

a crappy loss, certainly, but the sky isn't falling.

...yet.

The absence of leadership was stark tonight.

Four goals down, no one wanted to lead. Do the inspirational. Pick a team mate up and say: come with me.

So called leaders Jones, TMac, etc were doing the bare minimum. Viney and Gawn provided little. 

May and Lever were decent. 

It all looked too hard. Perhaps they were looking for an excuse and the four-day break provided that.

They should have been playing for their lives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A F said:

I reckon there's too much that can go wrong with our system and too much that needs to go right for it to click consistently within game. 

We're very easy to coach against. Crowd our mids at stoppage so that either there's a stoppage or it spills out for a clearance the other way. At best, we get a rushed kicked out of the stoppage. Exhibit A, last week, exhibit B, this week.

If our mids fail to defend, we get slaughtered. If our mids fail to capitalise on Gawn's dominance, we get slaughtered. If teams get the ball on the outside against us, we get slaughtered.

Yes, we've improve our defensive running (notwithstanding tonight's performance), but the formula to beat us is so simple. If you bring stoppage pressure and ensure you're set up behind the ball, you completely leave us without answers. Our contested style is made redundant and we end up giving it back to them.

If we lose next game, I reckon Goodwin's done.

This as the one

its the coach!

1 hour ago, Dee tention said:

I’m done... I wouldn’t renew my 22 year membership this year until the club SHOWED ME something!

They have SHOWED ME NOTHING! After tonight I have decided to move on in life and cut the club I loved, they are killing me... Not following the game anymore either because it is amateurish and frustrating too watch! Put it this way! It has turned to SH.T! Too many Dills running the game and no common sense.

I will look forward to watching the Colts in the NFL! Go Colts!

I hear ya. I'm looking forward to watching the Jets in the NFL

Ah crap ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dl4e said:

I have been watching this garbage for well over 50 years with very few breaks of sunshine. Tonite was disgusting. 

I was born in the early 80s. As a kid watching the Demons was enjoyable, we made finals most years. Since 1994 I've enjoyed precisely 5 seasons of football.

I always have faith that we'll be good one day, but when I read of people having watched for 50 years with the same results it makes me feel I'll. I couldn't handle another 20 plus years of this rubbish. My kids are 7 and 4 I swear they think I'm insane. Poor guys don't know what the hell they've been born into.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

[censored] that. Such a copout

Dafuq r u smoking.

Expectations and acceptance are two different things 

Edited by Unleash Hell

Right now, this is not a united club.  There are fractures within the playing group. Demonland always censor me when I try to post about them. Anyone pick up on Jones’ body language? Anyone ever seen Jones and Viney high five? Did Viney rally the troops at any stage tonight? Were Gus and Hogan two peas in a pod, cut from the same cloth? Is Tom McDonald horribly out of shape and does he crack the sads when his precious brother is on the outer? 

So, who is to blame? It’s the coach and Mahoney! They create the culture within a group. The Goodwin “I’m mates with everyone” approach is over. These blokes need a rocket and to sort their [censored] out and he ain’t the man to do it. Gawn is in a tough situation, because he is the big friendly giant who is a little like Goody, everyone’s mate. 

the Steven May interview post match was what I want to hear and I hope he gives it to a few behind closed doors. A lot of people begrudge his captaincy at GC, because he clashed with players. Yeah, because they were [censored] weak and he told them so. He drove high standards and the kids up there were more interested in the party scene on Caval Avenue. 

home truths need to be spoken this week. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, dpositive said:

Titan I agree with so much you say.

AND 

Unfortunately I can only lay it at the foot of the coach 

it is his job to get the disparities and variable characteristics available to win

if he can't do this  get out of the wavy.

This is atgiably the best squad in my lifetime, they show they can play with at some times but also deliver this crap at this time 

THE COACH IS RESPONSIBLE.

There I've Shias it

FIX IT SIMON 

PLEASE

Only problem with that - it lets the players completely off the hook and we end up with the tail wagging the dog all over again. At this stage I'd rather ship off the likes of Brayshaw, TMac and Fritsch than sack the coach again.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Only problem with that - it lets the players completely off the hook and we end up with the tail wagging the dog all over again. At this stage I'd rather ship off the likes of Brayshaw, TMac and Fritsch than sack the coach again.

I reckon we'll end up doing both if this continues.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Right now, this is not a united club.  There are fractures within the playing group. Demonland always censor me when I try to post about them. Anyone pick up on Jones’ body language? Anyone ever seen Jones and Viney high five? Did Viney rally the troops at any stage tonight? Were Gus and Hogan two peas in a pod, cut from the same cloth? Is Tom McDonald horribly out of shape and does he crack the sads when his precious brother is on the outer? 

So, who is to blame? It’s the coach and Mahoney! They create the culture within a group. The Goodwin “I’m mates with everyone” approach is over. These blokes need a rocket and to sort their [censored] out and he ain’t the man to do it. Gawn is in a tough situation, because he is the big friendly giant who is a little like Goody, everyone’s mate. 

the Steven May interview post match was what I want to hear and I hope he gives it to a few behind closed doors. A lot of people begrudge his captaincy at GC, because he clashed with players. Yeah, because they were [censored] weak and he told them so. He drove high standards and the kids up there were more interested in the party scene on Caval Avenue. 

Have said it all along we lack leadership on the field ..  Gawn & Viney are play their heart out but are they strong leaders with the players???  Or just captains? There’s a difference..  

16 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Interesting, I must say I did notice poor body language from Jones. Unfortunately, it looks like he is finished. Also loved the May interview but at the end of the day, results talk and if we aren't playing finals this year big changes are needed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wretched.sylph said:

...and the game four days ago was hard-faught in the wet against the other best-side-in-the-comp.

a crappy loss, certainly, but the sky isn't falling.

...yet.

Surely the Lions game was burning in them over the last 4 days? It was burning in the supporters. I would've expected the players to be chomping at the bit to get back out there and make amends for Sunday's loss. Port only had an extra days break and had to travel. I think we're letting the players/coaches/club off the hook for another [censored] poor performance

• Like 2