Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Port Adelaide

Demonland

We got 3 weeks of applying physical pressure to our opponents after the players got called out by the media...which is 1 or 2 more weeks than i expected. So we should be happy really. Funnily enough we managed the kick some goals those weeks.

Goes to show just how much passion this group has for the club and the supporters though doesn't it. They'll have a crack for a bit if they get called out publicly...but the idea of giving that sort of effort week in week out is unthinkable.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I don't want to be one of those people who jumps the gun, as there are still plenty of games to be played, but if the club had some courage they would make some tough decisions at years end.

Where is Tom at?  Is he worth sticking with or moving on?

What about those who are just 'going'?  Harmes, Salem, Brayshaw... are they up to it or do they need a fresh start elsewhere, while we look at others or pocket a draft pick or two?

Do we nicely send Jones and Jetta off in to the sunset and look to the kids?

And, depending on how 2020 finishes, do we need to look very, very closely at Goodwin's job?

Who knows what next week will bring, but I'd wager that some tough decisions are coming.

I tend to think, given the current circumstances, there won't be much list turnover (or coach turnover) at year end. Some players will retire and some will be delisted but I think the side will be largely the same. We don't have anyone tradeable who would command a first round pick anyway.

I think the club is likely to give Goody one more "corona-free" crack with this list in 2021 and if he can't move it forward, then he'll be moved on with a year to go.

21 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Sparrow manned him for over three quarters. Hopefully he learnt something at least because he got pantsed.

Shocking coaching move!

Use bloody Harmes as the tagger, he is struggling in the backline!

Put Brayshaw in the middle at least 50% of the time, he’s not a wingman!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Gary Pert  Get Clarkson’s Manager on the Phone now

Sorry but Simon is not a Senior Coach

We need a Senior Coach and Qualified Assistants

9 Years ago i watched the same garbage

Lets hope Kennett lets his big mouth fly this week and Clarkson looks to fly the coop.

• Like 2

I cannot recall a game of football where one team showed such woeful skills. There was no connection. the field kicking was dreadful. we could not string together 3 possessions and we did not run to spread. we also gave away stupid frees and did not stick tackles.

Did I miss anything?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bing181 said:

You can actually. As everyone keeps saying, Jackson went where he did in the draft because of his speed and ground ball play. The tallest mid in the comp, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's not as if we had 3 battleships up there.

5 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

I haven’t seen a performance that poor in ages.  lazy, weak tackles, second to the ball, not covering the outlets properly, not honouring player with the ball.  Midfield as a unit were disgraceful.  TMAC was so far off the pace it was not funny.  Several of the young guys tried hard, but they should all hang their heads in shame.  We had a chance to make a statement and they served up that dross.

If Goody sugar coats that in the presser (“no question”...something or other) I will spew.

Suck [censored] demons.  That was woeful.  Break my damned spirit with that one.

Still watching channel 7 rubbish  waiting for his presser. I want something from him other than hollow platitudes 

• Like 1

5 key ball carriers tonight were beyond disappointing.

Harmes - Regressed

Brayshaw - regressed

Jones - Done

Fritsch - good when the going is good

Oliver - Tries all teh time.. but cannot kick  kills us.

Team is cooked.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hannibal Inc. said:

We're channeling the 1970s when I was a (depressed) kid.

They're confused and without a decent system. 

It's a mess.

I reckon there's too much that can go wrong with our system and too much that needs to go right for it to click consistently within game. 

We're very easy to coach against. Crowd our mids at stoppage so that either there's a stoppage or it spills out for a clearance the other way. At best, we get a rushed kicked out of the stoppage. Exhibit A, last week, exhibit B, this week.

If our mids fail to defend, we get slaughtered. If our mids fail to capitalise on Gawn's dominance, we get slaughtered. If teams get the ball on the outside against us, we get slaughtered.

Yes, we've improve our defensive running (notwithstanding tonight's performance), but the formula to beat us is so simple. If you bring stoppage pressure and ensure you're set up behind the ball, you completely leave us without answers. Our contested style is made redundant and we end up giving it back to them.

If we lose next game, I reckon Goodwin's done.

• Like 4

My kids hate me as I made them follow Demons. There is some deeply ingrained cultural issue where losing is ok and 55 years of failure shows the club is again in trouble. I am sure that Goodwin cant coach and is a dud. Maybe Ross Lyon- boring football is better than getting smashed.Its really just Groundhog day another year one step forward and 2 steps back. Think I might finally be broken as I did have some hope we were getting better

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

There was a rock opera about a kid called Tommy who was deaf dumb and blind.

After all these years ... could The Who have made it about the wrong MFC personality?

No.

Tommy could play.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Trouble is what is Max doing with his hit outs? His hit outs aren’t going to our guy’s advantage that often. Contrast the tap work of NicNat on the weekend and how he tapped to his teams advantage. 

It's always possible that the team NicNat plays for knows what they're doing and their coach has them playing something more sophisticated than AusKick level.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, cookieboc said:

Wont matter who coaches us. will be the same results.

Lets be honest, the only reason we are a "club" is because of the AFLs TV deal. When they actually decide not to prop up any clubs, then we will be gone. Could be closer than we think with Covid

I am not at that point of thinking yet. 
But the days of Goodwin and Mahoney are over i feel

Our list is ok. They are not being Coached right 

I am tired of Rookie Coaches. This Club needs more

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yze_13 said:

I tend to think, given the current circumstances, there won't be much list turnover (or coach turnover) at year end. Some players will retire and some will be delisted but I think the side will be largely the same. We don't have anyone tradeable who would command a first round pick anyway.

I think the club is likely to give Goody one more "corona-free" crack with this list in 2021 and if he can't move it forward, then he'll be moved on with a year to go.

You might be right about that last part, but too many more performances like tonight means he may not get the chance.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jaded said:

You mean bringing in a slow tall and a third gamer that is surplus to our needs wasn’t a great master stroke? 

Lets not forget the bloke who should've retired 3 yrs ago.

3 minutes ago, binman said:

Still watching channel 7 rubbish  waiting for his presser. I want something from him other than hollow platitudes 

I rekon some of this

made me want to run through a brick wall

I’m done... I wouldn’t renew my 22 year membership this year until the club SHOWED ME something!

They have SHOWED ME NOTHING! After tonight I have decided to move on in life and cut the club I loved, they are killing me... Not following the game anymore either because it is amateurish and frustrating too watch! Put it this way! It has turned to SH.T! Too many Dills running the game and no common sense.

I will look forward to watching the Colts in the NFL! Go Colts!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

You might be right about that last part, but too many more performances like tonight means he may not get the chance.

The simple fact is that they cannot afford to sack him, and they won't even contemplate it when (objectively) there's been one really poor performance in 2021 - against the top side coming off a 4 day break.

(Richmond was poor too).

Edited by Yze_13

11 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Watching Port tonight showed the the model that sometimes trading away players like Wingard to get a Butters and Dursmaa ain't exactly a bad thing.

My first stop would be Brayshaw. Tmac won't get us much at all.

Harmes unfortunately got signed up for a ridiculous 5 year deal.

We do have to clean out some of our passengers and Bradshaw is the driver of that bus. 

Question is, is this list salvageable? Based on the passed couple of weeks you’d think so. But i will just never trust this club.  

50 minutes ago, Jaded said:

You mean bringing in a slow tall and a third gamer that is surplus to our needs wasn’t a great master stroke? 

And they played that slow tall in front of Weideman and Jackson also played forward. Utterly gobsmacked by that.

This was of course complimented by Fritsch, the guy whose lack of toughness wouldn't stop my cat. And then the commentators were wondering why our forwardline weren't laying tackles.

And playing Sparrow in the midfield for most of the night. I... it's very hard to understand.

Edited by A F
  • Angry 1

34 minutes ago, rufus said:

Tom McDonald may have just played the worst individual game of professional sport I have ever seen someone play. Not sure we can carry him anymore. His brother isn't good enough either.

Langdon's positioning on the wing was some of the most putrid I've ever seen. Yeah let's continually stand 25 metres from a defender running out of the back line while our opponent stands a further 20 metres behind us with no other player between him and their 50...f%&k me.

Skills abysmal mostly caused by the continual fright from the physical pressure. Unfortunately for the players who played physically scared tonight and gave the panic handballs they're all on the video for everyone to see (not that anyone would want to watch that again).

Noticed this about Langdon too, was so infuriating!