Jump to content
  • Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm

dazzledavey36

WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - ADAM TOMLINSON

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Tomlinson and Langdon are locks. 

 

Not sure if you have answered this one already but was Elliot the second free agent you were referring to in earlier posts ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Not sure if you have answered this one already but was Elliot the second free agent you were referring to in earlier posts ? 

Down at Collingwood they call Elliott ‘Basil’ so he could well be the player D11 was speaking about. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Down at Collingwood they call Elliott ‘Basil’ so he could well be the player D11 was speaking about. 

As long as it's not Zempilas, I don't care who it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen a lot of Greater Waste of Space games to be honest, but Saturday nights game was a Cracker, except for Tomlinson, who was just awful. I hope he just had a bad game. we need real recruits, not the usual NQR opposition cast offs which has been the norm for so long. (Craig Turkey, The Cockatoo Collins twins, Tom Gillies, Shannon Byrnes as a few examples)

Maybe he has checked out of the Franchaise already, which would be a bad sign.

Finals maketh careers, attitude is what we need, the rest can be taught. 

i hope he plays in the Preliminary Final to redeem himself, i will be watching him closely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Not sure if you have answered this one already but was Elliot the second free agent you were referring to in earlier posts ? 

Yep.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, I told you Elliott’s nickname was Basil. #ETdoesitagain #ETthetradebreaker #Breaktradeswideopenonebyone

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

See, I told you Elliott’s nickname was Basil. #ETdoesitagain #ETthetradebreaker #Breaktradeswideopenonebyone

Your legend continues to grow ET!!😎

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I haven’t seen a lot of Greater Waste of Space games to be honest, but Saturday nights game was a Cracker, except for Tomlinson, who was just awful. I hope he just had a bad game. we need real recruits, not the usual NQR opposition cast offs which has been the norm for so long. (Craig Turkey, The Cockatoo Collins twins, Tom Gillies, Shannon Byrnes as a few examples)

Maybe he has checked out of the Franchaise already, which would be a bad sign.

Finals maketh careers, attitude is what we need, the rest can be taught. 

i hope he plays in the Preliminary Final to redeem himself, i will be watching him closely

He's not in the best 5-10 players you'd have in any team, but is a very hand 15-22 type guy, a real role player. He's also not a cast off either, the giants want to keep him but he's been squeezed out because of the re-signing of Cogs and the need to have cash for Cameron and Whitfield next year. Certainly wasn't his best game, but I wouldn't be judging a player off 1 game alone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

He's not in the best 5-10 players you'd have in any team, but is a very hand 15-22 type guy, a real role player. He's also not a cast off either, the giants want to keep him but he's been squeezed out because of the re-signing of Cogs and the need to have cash for Cameron and Whitfield next year. Certainly wasn't his best game, but I wouldn't be judging a player off 1 game alone.

cheers. i am not judging him on 1 game. i am judging him on 1 Final. 

I hope he gets a 2nd one next Saturday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

cheers. i am not judging him on 1 game. i am judging him on 1 Final. 

I hope he gets a 2nd one next Saturday 

Same thing?

He's played finals the last four years and performed well...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

cheers. i am not judging him on 1 game. i am judging him on 1 Final. 

I hope he gets a 2nd one next Saturday 

That was the 8th final he's played in if that's the only criteria, and he was probably GWS's best in the 2017 prelim. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

That was the 8th final he's played in if that's the only criteria, and he was probably GWS's best in the 2017 prelim. 

what he did 2 years ago is irrelevant now, but what he didn’t do on Saturday concerns me. 

GW$ almost played a man down

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

what he did 2 years ago is irrelevant now,

But what we've done since 1964 is?

You're a funny man, WYL.

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

what he did 2 years ago is irrelevant now, but what he didn’t do on Saturday concerns me. 

GW$ almost played a man down

No doubt he had a shocker, no debate there. But you previously said that finals maketh careers and that you don't watch much GWS, so trying to give some context to what he has achieved in past finals is relevant. If you're just going to argue about the only game you've seen him in, then really you're a bit irrelevant to this discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Wiseblood said:

But what we've done since 1964 is?

You're a funny man, WYL.

what a player does season to season is one thing - Form

Club Culture is a cumulative thing, it grows

55 years of no success defines the Club at this point. 

What Tomlinson did in 2017 is irrelevant, his form on Saturday was putrid. i hope he gets a chance to redeem himself

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

No doubt he had a shocker, no debate there. But you previously said that finals maketh careers and that you don't watch much GWS, so trying to give some context to what he has achieved in past finals is relevant. If you're just going to argue about the only game you've seen him in, then really you're a bit irrelevant to this discussion. 

not when a player plays so poorly. his past form is irrelevant in that situation. 

But that is my opinion 

The example of David Warner is rather apt right now. 

His form prior to 2017 is completely irrelevant to his output in the ashes series just completed 

 

Edited by Sir Why You Little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomlinson played just 56% of the game on the weekend. Difficult to have an impact with such low time on ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

what a player does season to season is one thing - Form

Club Culture is a cumulative thing, it grows

55 years of no success defines the Club at this point. 

What Tomlinson did in 2017 is irrelevant, his form on Saturday was putrid. i hope he gets a chance to redeem himself

Yeah so true. If Dangerfield has another poor game by his standards then I don't rate his as a footballer. What he's done in finals in previous years means nothing ey SWYL..

Edited by Yung Blood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

55 years of no success defines the Club at this point. 

 

55 years of no success defines you and your attitude.

The current group at the club is defined by the time they've been there and what they've done in that time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

not when a player plays so poorly. his past form is irrelevant in that situation. 

But that is my opinion 

The example of David Warner is rather apt right now. 

His form prior to 2017 is completely irrelevant to his output in the ashes series just completed 

 

That's a pretty ordinary comparison, cross sports normally are, but plucking out a guy who was suspended for 12 months then came back and played badly is a stretch - Smith also was picked on his form prior to 2017, how'd he go? 

Tomlinson played all 22 H&A games, but you've dismissed them and said only finals are relevant, and then only the final that you've watched is relevant. I really hope the footy club put more work and thought into selecting players/trading/drafting than you do!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

55 years of no success defines you and your attitude.

The current group at the club is defined by the time they've been there and what they've done in that time.

the players are only one part of the Club, yes  The Engine, but they are an ongoing part of the Club...

72 Years of no success defined The Swans until 2005. those 22 players shall always be the “special ones”

Same goes for Footscray. they went 62 years until 22 players broke the drought. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

That's a pretty ordinary comparison, cross sports normally are, but plucking out a guy who was suspended for 12 months then came back and played badly is a stretch - Smith also was picked on his form prior to 2017, how'd he go? 

Tomlinson played all 22 H&A games, but you've dismissed them and said only finals are relevant, and then only the final that you've watched is relevant. I really hope the footy club put more work and thought into selecting players/trading/drafting than you do!

i look at the big picture. September is a new Competition 

Warner’s form today is irrelevant now as to what it was. it has nothing to do with different sports. it’s pure psychology. he is completely shot batting at Test Level.

Getting back on topic, i reiterate I hope Tomlinson can redeem himself next weekend

”One is only as good as your last performance”

 i believe that statement to be correct, maybe you don’t  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

the players are only one part of the Club, yes  The Engine, but they are an ongoing part of the Club...

72 Years of no success defined The Swans until 2005. those 22 players shall always be the “special ones”

Same goes for Footscray. they went 62 years until 22 players broke the drought. 

 

In your mind maybe, but the executive individuals at the club - the staff and players are only defined by their own careers.

What happened at MFC in 1965 has NOTHING to do with what will happen in there in 2020.

I know from your posting over the years that this is something you cannot understand.

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

i look at the big picture. September is a new Competition 

Warner’s form today is irrelevant now as to what it was. it has nothing to do with different sports. it’s pure psychology. he is completely shot batting at Test Level.

Getting back on topic, i reiterate I hope Tomlinson can redeem himself next weekend

”One is only as good as your last performance”

 i believe that statement to be correct, maybe you don’t  

 

Talk about contradicting yourself! 

In one post you're saying a club is defined by its past and now you're saying "one is only as good as your last performance"! 

Neither are true.  Have a think about it ...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Social Media

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    PACK YOUR BAGS by George on The Outer

    The scene was captured by the TV camera’s before the match with a view of the Melbourne side’s bags packed next to the team bus to facilitate their flight up north to the AFL hub where they will play their next matches. However, on the basis of the efforts against Richmond, unless things change, and change rapidly, there will be some who will be told to pack their bags on a more permanent basis. Once again, the supporters got much the same story from this match against Richmond, as

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by the Oracle

    Thankfully they moved this week’s game from Sydney where the sun shines and the virus breeds ever so slowly and almost nobody returns a positive test. The change of fixture comes at precisely the right time to allow everyone in town to head to the MCG on Sunday at around 3:30pm, not to catch up with what’s going on inside the ground but rather, to do what’s fashionable for woke folk in 2020 — pulling down statues. It’s time for Kevin Bartlett and Leigh Matthews to go but you can’t touch Norm Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    LESSONS IN LOSING by George on the Outer

    Turn up for the game and look like you want to win it.  Melbourne lost this game to Geelong, a game after a couple of extended breaks, looking like they were at the end of a 22 game season. Right from the start there was a lack of intensity across the board, as the Demons played exactly the type of game that the ageing Geelong list wanted. Geelong repeatedly played possession footy, to avoid having to run those ageing legs, something that Melbourne failed to exploit.  To use the oft quot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    QUARRANTINO by Whispering Jack

    At a little after 4.00pm last Saturday, the MCG ceased to be the centre of the AFL universe. That was when the AFL’s el supremo Gil McLaughlin announced that the Bombers’ Conor McKenna had returned a COVID-19 positive result and declared that the game set for the following day between Essendon and Melbourne was postponed.  What followed was truly the stuff of a pulp fiction novel. We witnessed a suitcase load of mental gymnastics and spin calculated to let McKenna (and the Essendon Football

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WHADDA WE SING? by Whispering Jack

    When the Melbourne team sang “The Grand Old Flag” last Saturday at Marvel Stadium in the absence of skipper Max Gawn, Ed Langford and Adam Tomlinson who were first time winners at their new club and Jayden Hunt, the leading goal kicker of the day it was passed off as an honest mistake. Taken in isolation, it most probably was accidental but the problem is that little accidents have been happening far too often in the club’s recent history and, in this case, it was symptomatic not only of a day t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A POINT OF DIFFERENCE by George on the Outer

    It was Melbourne v Carlton at the comics stadium; a game between 16 and 17 in 2019. How could anyone pick a winner?  There had to be a point of difference, and so it would prove to be as the Demons literally fell over the line at the end, by a solitary point. In an almost complete replica of the Richmond v Collingwood game two nights previously, one of the sides (Melbourne in this case) rushed out to a five goal lead in the first quarter, while the Blues failed to bother the goal umpir

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EXPOSED FORM by The Oracle

    Carlton fancies itself to beat Melbourne at Marvel Stadium on Saturday and, based on exposed form, why not? The Blues took it right up to the reigning premiers in their last up start and the Demons were simply horrible against the Eagles at Optus Stadium. That opening game of the season revived all of the nightmares of 2019 for a team that went inside the 50 metre arc 45 times, an advantage of 10 times over the home side and yet lost by almost five goals. Such statistics sum it up for a gam

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SOCIAL DISTANCING by George on the Outer

    It was good to see the MFC players practicing the directives about social distancing at the game against West Coast.  Pity was that they continued to do so after the first bounce of the ball, as they allowed numerous WCE players run around un-hindered, with not a Melbourne player within 1.5 metres of them! They then found themselves looking at nearly a 5 goal deficit at the first break, which was to be essentially the final margin for the game. It is difficult to judge exactly what is going

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BEST IN SHOW by Whispering Jack

    I am writing this knowing that the AFL has deemed that the opening round of competition will proceed but fully believing that it should not.  The world is going through cataclysmic change as a result of the overwhelming spread of the Covid-19 virus and I agree that a distraction like sport would be good for the public. However, while the physical threat to the population is bad enough, there are other  issues to be addressed including the mental health of the community and the effects on th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    TASSIE DEVILS by Van Demon

    If you were looking for something new from the Demons that wasn’t there last year, you didn’t have to look further than the perfectly trimmed grass surface of UTAS Stadium last night as the team steamrolled the Hawks to record a comprehensive 32-point victory to complete their Marsh Community Series commitments for 2020. One new thing was the fact that for the second Marsh game in a row, the team finished full of running and they dominated the second half without the presence or the dominan

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    SOUTH OF THE BORDER by Paddy Gosch

    The Demons will go into their final Marsh Series match with a strong lineup against the Hawks in Tasmania. Both Max Gawn and Steven May, who were recovering from injuries in first Marsh Series match, have both been named. It is unclear whether Max will be on restricted minutes and will likely get breaks in the ruck with Sam Weideman and rookie Luke Jackson getting their turns in the middle. Angus Brayshaw will be getting his first taste of competitive football despite playing in last week’s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    KANGAROO CAUGHT by Whispering Jack

    There was a fair amount of debate in our area as to whether the game warranted a full blown match report because it was felt that it was really an elevated version of a training session with match simulation but against a team in opposition colours. Although notionally the stronger side, North seemed to be using the occasion for the purpose of working on aspects of their game plan, one of the features of which seemed to be based on taking the longest possible route out of defence and good luck w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

×
×
  • Create New...