PREGAME: Rd 02 vs Geelong

Demonland

16 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Its definitely been like a bad romance for us down there.   Hopefully Goodwin will bring his best poker face to the game,  and avoid the paprazzi after we win.  

There are a million reasons we need to get the victory tomorrow night.

I only want to be on the edge of glory in September!!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dame Gaga said:

The Cattery is not a happy hunting ground for us, but surely Clarrie won't have two quiet ones in a row? Can only hope they all respond and play well.

Lets hope so. Over the last 2 years we seem to play better away from the G and im hoping the narrow ground will suit us atm. Im not so sure how we will go if its very wet. Might favour them i think. I think it may be close.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sydee said:

Gee last week before the weekend most people had this team down as Top 4 material - after one game everyone seems to be scratching their head wondering where the next win could come from  

I don't see anyone here question us being Top 4 material. But that's Top 4 at the end of the season, not at the beginning where many of our key players are just cranking up after a reduced/non-existent pre-season.

The actual conundrum as I read it is as such :

We're not going to be 'coherent' until the better, and fitter, 22 are playing.

That might not truly occur for 5-6-7 who knows weeks.

By then we've given away considerable advantage to many teams.

its a bit like running the Stawell Gift as a backmarker.

That in and of itself is not the problem. If you're good you will shine. However as anyone's position and success is dependent on others our success is not entirely our own to decide.

Catch up footy....never goes too well.

Pull your fingers out Dees

19 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Not a question of lack of effort - teams (in any domain) have to train and play together, and that's what we're missing. We're not a well-oiled machine at the moment, we're hardly even a machine.

15 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Not a question of lack of effort - teams (in any domain) have to train and play together, and that's what we're missing. We're not a well-oiled machine at the moment, we're hardly even a machine.

What effort was there last week Bing ?

5 hours ago, low flying Robbo said:

I don’t care if Viney isn’t 100% fit yet, just as long as he smashes the Ducker into the turf at every opportunity possible!

If that happens Christian will send him to Azkaban for life.

Edited by Sigil
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

The actual conundrum as I read it is as such :

We're not going to be 'coherent' until the better, and fitter, 22 are playing.

That might not truly occur for 5-6-7 who knows weeks.

By then we've given away considerable advantage to many teams.

its a bit like running the Stawell Gift as a backmarker.

That in and of itself is not the problem. If you're good you will shine. However as anyone's position and success is dependent on others our success is not entirely our own to decide.

Catch up footy....never goes too well.

Exactly. But most people don't understand this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

I don't see anyone here question us being Top 4 material. But that's Top 4 at the end of the season, not at the beginning where many of our key players are just cranking up after a reduced/non-existent pre-season.

Without wanting to sound negative I still question whether this team is going to get top 8 this season 

We seem incredibly capable of losing games that really good teams don’t drop and up until the end of last season didn’t have a good record against final 8 teams 

I think it’s going to be hard to make the 8 much less top 4 - if we start poorly and other teams start well then clearly things get more difficult 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

Be nice to have 22 fit players on the park too......

• Like 1

I've been in a pretty foul mood all week after the performance that we put in for three quarters last Saturday.

More than anything else, I'm just desperate to see another four quarters of exposed form, get a better read on where we're at and reset my expectations for the year accordingly.

How does that cliche go? There's two perils in assessing early season form: one is to read too much into it, and the other is to read nothing!

And right now I just don't know what to think!

Please just give us something - COME ON DEES! 

• Like 3

After last weeks match, it’s hard to see us beating any team, reflecting on a few key points, there is hope for a turnaround:

- only Salem out of22 players played well for four quarters. Melksham 2.5 quarters.

- at 10 minute mark of last quarter still just over a goal, with one player playing well

- Gawn, Oliver, Viney, Jones, TMac, Jetta couldn’t be that bad this week

- May coming in is big and hopefully KK is ready

- last year we showed some quality & competitiveness to make the last four, the players seem to be tight knit, today should at least show the effort if not the ultimate result

Go Dees!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dame Gaga said:

The Cattery is not a happy hunting ground for us, but surely Clarrie won't have two quiet ones in a row? Can only hope they all respond and play well.

Our last three appearances there (from memory) have produced one win and one two-point loss with a kick for the win, with the remaining match a dead rubber (albeit an admitted flogging). How does that compare against other teams?

That record dates back to 2015, with just seven of the same players who will appear for us tomorrow: Us, the MFC, evolves over time. This current lot aren't the ones who haven't won a flag for fifty-plus years - it's the fans who carry the statistical scars. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1