Training - Wednesday, 5th December 2018

Demonland

4 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

Anyone know where training might be/ times next monday? coming from interstate and a super rare chance to get there. 

The official site hasn't adjusted their day/times to include Monday yet. I assume that will be updated by tomorrow going by past weeks. If Monday follows the regular training schedule then it will be as follows:

Date: Monday, 11th December
Time: 11.30am

Before heading down though I would check this link to confirm or call the club.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/Team/training-times

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

I may have missed it, but word on why Brayshaw was running laps by himself and had a camera crew harassing him?

No word that I've seen on the official site or on social media except whichever poster it was that mention something on the 3AW rumour file which mentioned an unnamed AFL player with a new idea about sports helmets.

7 hours ago, Demonland said:

I may be there on Friday too.

I believe Wednesdays are "closed sessions" or more practically an unadvertised sessions on a publicly open and accessible field. According to Saty these are usually "craft work" sessions which I assume has the players working on their specific areas as well as the usual running and fitness work. Based on the photos from this past Wednesday (yesterday) there were a couple players missing, namely Max and May, as they went to Alice Springs, I'm assuming for some type of promotion for our games in the NT. I'm sure we'll see the promos/articles on that soon. Most other players were there. It's safe to assume the majority of players will be in attendance on Friday's advertised session.

I can't make it I have an appointment that I forgot about. It will have to be next Friday, sorry.

3 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

I can't make it I have an appointment that I forgot about. It will have to be next Friday, sorry.

Not good enough, Werribee!!  Kindly get your priorities straight, and move the appointment to a date/time where it does not clash with training!  A little higher level commitment is expected if we are gonna succeed in 2019!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I agree but Garlett is a surplus now if he plays well great but he is replaceable a few years ago a 40 goal forward wasn't. Hannan, Fritsch and Spargo can replace him and not forgetting the new recruits in Bedford and Chandler.

I'm going on Friday will most of the players be there or will it be like Wednesday?

All the new recruits will be missing plus Gawn and Jones, back on Monday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Irrelevant. 

He's an experienced AFL player and his shocker contributed towards the GF loss. I won't be an apologist anymore for pea hearts. Suit yourself.

I'll leave you to keep going.

He was out of form and finding it difficult to get some consistency, the ever changing forward line at Casey didn't help, Spargo performing as he did was another reason.

He is still regarded as a 'best 22' as you like to put it, I asked, just needs a full pre season and to show it on the field, like every player, listen to what Lewis said

If he doesn't crack it into the team it will mean the player in 'his spot' will be flying, which will only benefit the team

16 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

He was out of form and finding it difficult to get some consistency, the ever changing forward line at Casey didn't help, Spargo performing as he did was another reason.

He is still regarded as a 'best 22' as you like to put it, I asked, just needs a full pre season and to show it on the field, like every player, listen to what Lewis said

If he doesn't crack it into the team it will mean the player in 'his spot' will be flying, which will only benefit the team

Did Goodwin say he was best 22?

34 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

I did not say that chap.

2 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

Fair enough, your support and positivity for J is admirable.

I have no argument with your last sentence. 

2 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

I doubt any coach would say that in December about a player who clearly wasn't in 2018.  

And if they did it was to probably shut up an annoyance as they tried to go about their work.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Wells 11 said:

Anyone know where training might be/ times next monday? coming from interstate and a super rare chance to get there. 

The official site now has the times up for Monday and it is at the earlier time of 11:00am instead of 11:30am.

Date: Monday, 10 December
Session start time: 11.00am

I suggest checking prior to leaving in case it changes between now and then. Enjoy your trip.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demonland said:

The official site now has the times up for Monday and it is at the earlier time of 11:00am instead of 11:30am.

Date: Monday, 10 December
Session start time: 11.00am

I suggest checking prior to leaving in case it changes between now and then. Enjoy your trip.

You would be a brave soul heading down to training today.  Not exactly perfect conditions for it.

59 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

You would be a brave soul heading down to training today.  Not exactly perfect conditions for it.

My strict rules about attending training is that I don't go if it's over 30, under 15, if it's sunny, windy, wet or on any day with a y in it. Other than that, I'm dead keen.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, Deeoldfart said:

If I'm not mistaken, Fritta has been near the front in many of the running drill pics that I've seen this pre season.  I don't remember that of him last year, and if he has added that string to his bow, he will be a weapon and a half on the wing.

Before the first final Fritsch and Harmes entertained themselves, from out near the previous practice wicket area, where they had shots for goals from a huge distance out. Whilst Harmes landed a couple from more than 50m, Fritsch was a revelation. He kicked several torps from close to 70m! And none of his torps misfired as they commonly do. Contrary to some expectations I envisage us playing 2 ruckmen next year with Fritsch at FF; I think he could be a sensation.

• Like 2