Changes v GWS Giants

Perhaps only Bugg for Spargo

One last chance for Bugg could worry a few young GWS players with his agression

no other changes for me

Edited by jackaub
spellcheck
  • Like 1

Bugg at Casey

Tomas Bugg 21 kicks 7 handballs 28 disposals 3 marks 7 tackles 106 dream team points

not too shabby on a sh$t day for footy

Might be worth one last chance

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackaub said:

Bugg at Casey

Tomas Bugg 21 kicks 7 handballs 28 disposals 3 marks 7 tackles 106 dream team points

not too shabby on a sh$t day for footy

Might be worth one last chance

Apparently turned over many kicks so stats may be deceiving. I wasn't there though.

12 hours ago, Deecisive said:

the gws is a fast running side, so while i initially thought no change been wondering if we should not bring wagner into the backline and move bailey up into the forward line and rest either kent or spargo.

Rest Kent? It was his first week back. I agree with Spargo, I think he offers some real energy but a first year player will often struggle late in the season, so maybe a rest for him, then either JHK in a direct swap or if J.Smith is ready maybe he comes in and Fritsch plays forward a bit more.

On Hibberd, given he returned to play I think he'll be right, a cork doesn't normally mean a week off unless its in a strange spot, but he ran fine afterwards and I really think he needs to keep playing after having his recent lay off.

1 hour ago, SFebes said:

Apparently turned over many kicks so stats may be deceiving. I wasn't there though.

I watched the game and I think that is harsh. Put in the hard yards on a horrible day. Would pick him over Garlett in a heartbeat.

And given GWS are quick he could come in and do a run with role or fwd pressure role easily.

• Like 1

Just now, jnrmac said:

I watched the game and I think that is harsh. Put in the hard yards on a horrible day. Would pick him over Garlett in a heartbeat.

And given GWS are quick he could come in and do a run with role or fwd pressure role easily.

Yeah probably is, I wasn't there as I said but a few posters had this opinion last week. Unfortunately I think Buggys papers are stamped, he's been in the best and most prolific at Casey for some time now. He provides something different, if only he could kick straight his record would be pretty good.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Bugg will never play at AFL level again.

Assuming that there are no injuries and Hibberd is fine.

Out: Spargo

In: JKH

Spargo had one tackle this week, at least JKH had five the week before with a similar number of possessions.

Must have been the tackle on Barrass, where he gave away the free for over the shoulder. To give him  credit though, he ran about 60 metres to lay that tackle.

• Haha 1

Biggest headache for Good-win is whether to rest Gawn or risk him aggravating a minor strain injury.

IMHO he has to play him.  MFC must beat GWS to get 5 th possie. Pedersen probably not up to it.

Spargo is too little. Dont think he is ready for finals footy when the 'big men fly'..  Needs to put a lot of muscle weight on over the summer.

Cant see Viney getting back in 2018. Tyson is match fit. Viney isnt. Must play  atleast one VFL game maybe even two before being considered. He'll run out of time.

If they drop Spargo who replaces  him ?   To be honest...i don't G.A.F !  As i said last week....pick the guys who are 100% fit and want to play the most......Kent did well!    HE STAYS.

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Knights said:

Biggest headache for Good-win is whether to rest Gawn or risk him aggravating a minor strain injury.

IMHO he has to play him.  MFC must beat GWS to get 5 th possie. Pedersen probably not up to it.

Spargo is too little. Dont think he is ready for finals footy when the 'big men fly'..  Needs to put a lot of muscle weight on over the summer.

Cant see Viney getting back in 2018. Tyson is match fit. Viney isnt. Must play  atleast one VFL game maybe even two before being considered. He'll run out of time.

If they drop Spargo who replaces  him ?   To be honest...i don't G.A.F !  As i said last week....pick the guys who are 100% fit and want to play the most......Kent did well!    HE STAYS.

Gawn can rest in the bye before the finals, like all our other players.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:03 AM, FarNorthernD said:

I know Petracca will play next week but after just watching the game again he was pretty bloody useless  

Brilliant pass to melscham for the last goal of the day by trac, and had a hand in one or two others in the last quarter. 

I agree that Demon fans are waiting for him to have some 25 -35 possession games, something of which l am sure he is capable. For that though he would have to be played in the mid field, something for which he would require a bigger engine than he has now.

Hopefully the club will challenge him to develop that in the off season. He could be anything Trac. At the moment he would not be in our top ten players, but on potential and natural talent he should be top 5.

• Like 1

How many can we get to the game on Sunday? Locked in finals, celebrating our 160th anniversary, two high quality teams going toe to toe.

Is 45k too optimistic?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mondê said:

How many can we get to the game on Sunday? Locked in finals, celebrating our 160th anniversary, two high quality teams going toe to toe.

Is 45k too optimistic?

MCC predicting 37,000, we should be able to nudge 40,000 hopefully. A sea of Red and Blue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

MCC predicting 37,000, we should be able to nudge 40,000 hopefully. A sea of Red and Blue.

Everybody needs to get there and get behind the lads. Lets ride the wave of support into September ?

• Like 1