NT deal done?

1 hour ago, stuie said:

We could fill Etihad and still not make anywhere near as much as one game in NT.

That's just the reality of where we're at financially as a club and also why there's so much talk about the Etihad deal.

Yeah, it's the reality of both our lack of members, but also the massive Etihad overheads, which mean you rarely break even there, even with large crowds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamFarr said:

If Hawthorn can sell their games to Tassie, we can do the same. I'd rather every game played at the 'G, but I'd also rather my club making money.

This rubbish about NT=loss of premiership points, is just that. Rubbish. How anyone could have a problem with the selling of one match for $500k is beyond me. We haven't won up there because we've been an incredibly ordinary football side. There are other factors, yes, but once we're up and about we'll be winning these games and getting a $500k paycheck. I'm glad PJ is running the club. What a star.

are you seriously suggesting that us playing in Melbourne does not give us a better chance of winning versus playing in NT?

On 16 March 2016 at 2:58 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

$20 increase. I don't think it would be a problem. 

A packet of cigs can cost $40 now

Gin & Tonic $10

so i don't buy that. 

Members would happily pay to keep us on The 'G. 

Grow up you say?..Because i disagree with you...

don't even consider telling me what to do Stuie

if you want to go to The NT and support this shabby deal by all means go...

stay there. 

I have 5 kids and my wife I would spew paying $20 extra for each don't get me wrong if I was earning big $ I wouldn't hesitate, we should be playing we're north are in Hobart it was a sweet deal yet we play  up at NT and who can afford to fly there and back plus food drinks and a hotel , it's a 50 minute flight to Hobart FMD Canberra was s better option .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Anything would be better than playing in the desert Middy....Nobody else wanted it, Schwab took what he was thrown sadly

Such a brilliant negotiator....

Except Port and Essendon who are both chasing it.

And gee you must think PJ is useless seeing he's extended it twice now.

But no no, you know better than all of the above.

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

If Port or Essendon really wanted it, on the same terms, then the NT wouldn't be extending with us.

Oh I'm sure the Essendon delegation that went just went for the fishing then....

NT provide sponsorship looking for a return in game-day tourism and longer-term exposure. 50,000 v 30,000 members and an estimated 700,000 to 200,000 supporters. Why would they renew with us if they had that opportunity for the same outlay?

• Like 1

Just now, Skuit said:

NT provide sponsorship looking for a return in game-day tourism and longer-term exposure. 50,000 v 30,000 members and an estimated 700,000 to 200,000 supporters. Why would they renew with us if they had that opportunity for the same outlay?

What, you mean the team that's already got 5 years invested in the NT vs the drug cheats?

Hmmmmm.....

Yeah, the Country Libs up there like to keep it squeaky clean. Think for a minute. How many people do you think will cancel their planned trip to Kakadu because the NT chooses to associate itself with the EFC? How many more supporters does the NT reach who might choose to come to Darwin for a holiday? Potentially 500,000 more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skuit said:

Yeah, the Country Libs up there like to keep it squeaky clean. Think for a minute. How many people do you think will cancel their planned trip to Kakadu because the NT chooses to associate itself with the EFC? How many more supporters does the NT reach who might choose to come to Darwin for a holiday? Potentially 500,000 more.

I don't think you understand what the contract and benefits for the NT entails. The NT don't try to get tourists to come through footy, it's about community engagement for the people there, maybe have a read about what they've been saying they want from us and what they value. That is also the reason why they wouldn't be looking favorably at the team of convicted drug cheats being their AFL affiliated community connection.

Now, think for a minute, if you were a politician looking to foster community engagement through an AFL team would you want a young team on the rise being run by sensible professional management who already have a connection, or a brand new team still in turmoil from breaking the drug code? Pretty easy answer.

I don't think you understand the NT government or politics in general. I don't think you understand economics. And I don't think you understand critical thinking and reading between the lines.

Note every one one of our press conferences with the NT tourism logo in the background.

Edited by Skuit
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skuit said:

I don't think you understand the NT government or politics in general. I don't think you understand economics. And I don't think you understand critical thinking and reading between the lines.

Note everyone one of our press conferences with the NT tourism logo in the background.

Lol. RIghto champ. I'll listen to our president and the Chief Minister in NT rather than "Skuit" on Demonland as far as what it all means, and they have a different outlook than you funnily enough...

"Barrett said the Demons had managed the three-year relationship in a professional manner and both parties had identified potential ways to improve existing community programs and develop AFL in the Northern Territory."

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2016-03-17/melbourne-want-more-nt-games

"Barrett said community engagement, including visits to communities, schools and junior clinics was the backbone of any deal."

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/local-afl/nt-government-slams-melbourne-demons-for-lack-of-community-engagement-seeks-replacement-afl-club/news-story/f978d6fced4dcc98a9a3ac4f6af4b663

"But the matchday experience for revellers is a mere sideshow according to Giles.

“The games are good, and we enjoy the games, but to me it’s about the community engagement pathways in development,” he said."

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/local-afl/nt-government-slams-melbourne-demons-for-lack-of-community-engagement-seeks-replacement-afl-club/news-story/f978d6fced4dcc98a9a3ac4f6af4b663

Edited by stuie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DubDee said:

are you seriously suggesting that us playing in Melbourne does not give us a better chance of winning versus playing in NT?

I'm saying if we're a serious football club it shouldn't matter where we play. It's not like we're playing an NT side, with a vicious away crowd that knows the ground so much better... 

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AdamFarr said:

I'm saying if we're a serious football club it shouldn't matter where we play. It's not like we're playing a NT side, with a vicious away crowd. 

Nah Adam, playing in Darwin is a disadvantage just to us, not the other team that has to play there as well.... Come on mate, use your Demonland logic! ;)

• Like 2

The other team is generally from interstate (non-Vic) and playing an away game and so at a neutral venue gets to avoid a disadvantage.

8 minutes ago, stuie said:

Nah Adam, playing in Darwin is a disadvantage just to us, not the other team that has to play there as well.... Come on mate, use your Demonland logic! ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stuie said:

Except Port and Essendon who are both chasing it.

And gee you must think PJ is useless seeing he's extended it twice now.

But no no, you know better than all of the above.

No i have never said or thought PJ is useless Stuie

sorry to disapoint you on that