Post Match Discussion - Round 19

Demonland

Can't believe how smashed in the middle we were, if Goodwin's in charge of the mids, I've got concerns. Again, we were playing from behind almost constantly. We improved towards the end of the game, but we lost that game in the first quarter and were playing catch up the rest of the game. Embarrasing performance by Garlett, Watts and Harry O. I want to see Fitzpatrick back in the side, I'm getting sick of McDonald and Dunn playing from behind and getting smashed.

I thought Dawes was close to our best, even did pretty well in the ruck halving the contest. We desperately need a proper ruck rotation though, and a fleet of new mids, because the only one that looks capable of winning ball and getting it moving is Jack Viney, what a little terrier he is around the stoppages.

Edited by leucopogon
  • Like 1

That dropped mark of Garlett's was the turning point for me. The reason it annoys me so much is it was the second easy mark he dropped and it destroyed all our momentum.

The team selection on Thursday didn't help, North's forwards did as they pleased.

I was happy to give Michie another chance and he did set up Brayshaw's goal but that was about it.

Lumumba needs to be dropped, cannot win a hard ball. ANB needs to be played more and Hogan is a star.

Best game from Dawes who actually held some marks.

• Like 3

Two major turning points - Watts fluffed kick out in the first quarter and Garletts lazy attempt to chest Mark.

infuriating and inexcusable.

Lamumba can't stick a tackle, break free from a pack or handball to advantage. Farked if I know what he can do.

Edited by chook fowler
  • Like 2

Good to see Demonland is staying true to form. (rolls eyes)

Today id rather be a Melbourne supporter than a North supporter. They have topped up for a premiership that they can never win with a bunch of forward running flash in the pan types.

Meanwhile you throw Salem, Frost and Petracca alongside Hogan, Brayshaw, Viney and Tyson and we have a very exciting future.

Thought Dawes was very good today too.

• Like 17

Can't believe how smashed in the middle we were, if Goodwin's in charge of the mids, I've got concerns. Again, we were playing from behind almost constantly. We improved towards the end of the game, but we lost that game in the first quarter and were playing catch up the rest of the game. Embarrasing performance by Garlett, Watts and Harry O. I want to see Fitzpatrick back in the side, I'm getting sick of McDonald and Dunn playing from behind and getting smashed.

We won the clearances...

• Like 5

Second and third quarters were as good a football as we have played at times. They are a good team and whilst they aren't with the best in the league, they still have enough class to beat us. Disappointing, and the bitter taste of that first quarter will overshadow the positives. As it should, need four quarter efforts to compete with top 8 teams. Hogan and dawes working together was a highlight but Jeff garlett really wants to pull his finger out. Not enough influence.

• Like 1

All I can say is that I hold more hatred in my heart for this nobody club that is North Melbourne than I do just about anything else

Losing to them in this fashion is unacceptable.

We will never be anything but very ordinary if we continue to stop dead in our tracks and not bother turning up.

Vince, Jones, Dunn, Lumumba... Senior players who cost us the game.

Bitterly disappointing.

• Like 1

Dear Santa

This year for Christmas I would like some MIDS please.

I have been a good boy this year oh and I follow Melbourne so that should automatically qualify me to be on the "good" list.

We won the clearances...

what about the centre clearances?

Edit: Jeez, I'll have to watch the game again, we only lost centre clearances by 1. Seemed like we were completely toweled up in the middle. Thought the umps kept us in it with a lot of questionable frees in our fwd line. Garlett's momentum destroying dropped mark was a soul killer.

Also, whoever North's tackling coach is, I'd love us to poach him, they know how to tackle so players cannot dispose of the ball legally. Was super impressed with their tackling especially in the first quarter.

Edited by leucopogon
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, and I hope Harvey, Thomas and Waite go out for dinner tonight, eat bad food and enjoy a bout of severe food poisoning.

Shits for shits.

They have the quaddie of arrogant peanuts in Nahas, Harvey, Higgins and Thomas. They spend half their time strutting around the football field.

And these guys are all down hill skiers.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

After the first quarter, I thought it was an entertaining game.

Loved the Dawes show in the second quarter and the Hogan show throughout. Viney our best mid for mine, with Tyson getting some mojo back.

Lots of uncharacteristically crud performances from the likes of Jonesy and Bernie. H is currently behind Grimes for mine and should have his spot under threat when Salem is ready. Won't happen though.

I walked away just regulation disappointed, much like the QB match. No red mist here today.

• Like 6

Disappointed for Dawes - best game I've seen from him - deserved A 4th even 5th goal, had his chances too.

If Hogan isn't the best young KPF I've seen since Carey dominating as a 20 y.o. I'll go hee. Rising star locked and loaded after today

• Like 2

There's a lesson for Maxy from a very good ruckman. Was monstered.

Disagree. Thought Max beat him actually. Gawn's big problem (and it kills the team), is his inability to run out games. He was resting on the bench at vital stages of the match. He needs to improve his fitness or he'll get passed by others.

• Like 3