Post Match Discussion, Pontification and Prayer

Demonland

Jones was expected to go to another level this year. He went through the motions even in big losses in past years. This year he has gone unsighted three weeks in a row. Well below his best and being found out as a decent footballer in a bad side.

People need to realize this.

We need more than Jones. He's just a soldier. He's the opposite extreme of Watts, but we have nothing in the middle. No balance.

Last year I said he was tradeable alongside a top pick for a powerful midfielder. Everyone laughed at me. He doesn't actually make us better.

I know it's harsh and I love Jones, but we need winners. He's a loser.

Your the loser Praha. Jones has been flying the flag solo for so long he's earned more respect than you show. I say this to you,Put in or get out!

Tom McD interview on the club site worth a watch, both for what he says about our performance today, but especially what he says about Hawthorn. Great to get a clear and honest view from the inside.

He'll be in the leadership group next year. The changing of the guard is starting.

Amongst all the gloom, a few players weren't entirely disgraced today. Garland and Tommy Mac were good, especially given the pressure they were under, Garlett played his role well, Pedersen pulled out his annual "see, I do know how to play" game, Tyson had probably his best game for the year - though still off the pace from last year - and under the onslaught, Cross, Jones and Vince kept battling. Falls away badly after that though.

Can't imagine Watts would have much currency.

There is no silver bullet, no-one's going to come over the hill on a white horse, no single player is going to turn the club around. The only way to improve is to put in the hard yards, from the Board down to the boot studder, accept that there will be setbacks along the way, and build the kind of team and culture that we've seen at clubs like Hawthorn and the Swans.

Which will take time.

We have been here for 9 fracking years!

• Like 1

What's Dawes contr

Keep Watts, he's only 24, it's all between the ears

Colin Sylvia 2.0

At his best he takes repeated intercept marks, cutting off opposition inside 50s, and he provides strong rebound from the half-back flank. When he cares about playing, and he gets on his bike, he can break the lines through the middle, and while his goalkicking is crap, his field kicking is good and he can hit a target moving forward.

His best is valuable, but he doesn't really care much about producing it at the moment.

I've seen him do that and have a real impact on the game once, against the Tigers last year. He's had his moments here and there no doubt but overall he's another player who has an inflated opinion of himself and just doesn't give a stuff. I reckon he's already checked out just like Frawley last year and we should make him play the year out at Casey. 3/4 time today Jones was having a crack at him and he just walked off, pathetic show of respect for your captain.

To 3/4 time these were the standouts

Howe 2k 9hb 3m 1tackle

Dawes 4 1 2 0

Vandenberg 5 2 0 2

Mitchie 5 5 1 3

Toumpas 4 4 0 0

Lumumba 5 3 2 2

MJones 3 5 2 3

Drop all of them.

Who the f for??? We have no more chairs let alone more Fing titanic's.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen TMac's interview after the game

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-05-16/rd-7-tom-mcdonald-postmatch

Here's a bloke hurting who gets it.

No platitudes, no bull$hit

A leader

Make him captain tomorrow....
  • Like 1

What's the [censored] go with Toumpas?

Why has he stagnated so badly? Someone should issue a please explain regarding his development.

Hands down he is worse then Morton.

Jeff Kennet finding his voice again on Twitter:

"1/2 Good win to Hawks. Melbourne sadly at best a VFL side. Not Coach not players fault. Board an abject failure and should resign on mass. 2/2 Melbourne carries name of our great city Capital of great State. MFC has failed to b competitive for 20 yrs responsibility starts at top"

The bloke who wanted Clarkson sackrd??? Fwit

• Like 1

Why has he stagnated so badly? Someone should issue a please explain regarding his development.

We recruited a VFL player

That's what he is.

Pick 4 for a VFL player....

I want this guy to succeed so badly. He's a ripping guy from all accounts but he can't stand up to pressure. Big 2-3 months for Toump. I can't see another contract coming at this rate...

I want this guy to succeed so badly. He's a ripping guy from all accounts but he can't stand up to pressure. Big 2-3 months for Toump. I can't see another contract coming at this rate...

He is cooked. His hips were cactus before he was even recruited

2-3 months won't change a thing

Dont give up on toumpas yet. Whilst he might not become the great player we all hoped for when we used pick 4 on him he still could develop into a really solid winger/half back. Hes only played 20 odd games, isnt it a bit early to write him off?

• Like 3

Dont give up on toumpas yet. Whilst he might not become the great player we all hoped for when we used pick 4 on him he still could develop into a really solid winger/half back. Hes only played 20 odd games, isnt it a bit early to write him off?

I wrote him off when he cried at training

Howe can just [censored] right off. Inflated ego because he takes a few speccies every few weeks, and doesn't like that Roos is playing him in a different position to where he wants to play.

[censored] off to the Giants, you [censored].

Today was another putrid episode in the modern history of the MFC. I wrestled hard with the idea of maintaining my premium membership for the 37th consecutive year and kept the faith. It was not the 100 point loss that angered me, this putrid football belongs to the group of players whose attitude and self respect belongs in the toilet.

Dawes is just one of this group who are getting a game purely on our lack of talent and depth. The only solution I can come up with in the short term is for the club to throw the chequebook at 2 or 3 superstars to keep this club relevant. I cannot see any other way of keeping members on board unless the club goes this way. Peter Jackson and the off field team are getting their job done, however Jacko needs to harness all his resources humanly possible to get A grade stars onto our list for 2016.

I asked it I the Hannebry thread, why would they come to MFC? Money just won't cut it.

• Like 1

PJ is working his guts out to better this club, it's a pity his playing list continually let's all and sundry down. We are only 6 games into the season and Roos says the players are tired...WTF?

PJ needs to go to the AFL and say, he di*kheads you didn't give us a priority pick because of what again now?? We are putrid and have no free agents coming to us, we are irrelevant and on the way out of existence. You have handed 2 tin pot clubs in GS and GWS everything and screwed us. Gil you sat next to Little on Friday, next week come and sit next to me and see what it's like and help us sort this chit out!!!

• Like 2

I wrote him off when he cried at training

He never did that. Stop embarassing yourself with pathetic comments like this that you make up to give you a excuse to sink into a player.

Pathetic attempt as usual.

• Like 4

He never did that. Stop embarassing yourself with pathetic comments like this that you make up to give you a excuse to sink into a player.

Pathetic attempt as usual.

not as PATHETIC as Toumpas on the park Dazz

STOP MAKING EXCUSES....