GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

If days like today don't make you hate being a Melbourne supporter, nothing will.

It's just beyond belief how we consistently get screwed, by the AFL and players alike.

try not to be so melodramatic

1. It seems very likely to me that the official story on all this is at least partially BS. Too much doesn't add up. We don't know for sure to what extent MC was actually wanted back at the MFC.

2. A month ago we thought MC was just a write-off for the club. Now we at least get something. History has shown this could well be a blessing in disguise.

3. The bloke is not very likely to do much damage, hopefully his leg actually breaks off at his first training session

4. Roos is here to rebuild the culture - being free of an obvious dropkick scum like this is positive in that regard

5. Everybody loses players and thinks 'oh woe is me, we are always getting shafted' how would you like to lose Buddy for pick 19?

• Like 6

5. Everybody loses players and thinks 'oh woe is me, we are always getting shafted' how would you like to lose Buddy for pick 19?

I'd be OK with it if you promised me we'll win a flag the following season :(

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1

6 months ago Roos is playing the "woe is me, we've lost our best player" card to protect his reputation after our putrid start to the year.

Now he is about to trade the same player for a Varcoe or a Hunt who would rate somewhere around 30th on Geelong's list.

You can't have it both ways, champ. I'd rather get nothing for Clark than players who are going to spend more time at Casey than at senior level.

• Like 3

6 months ago Roos is playing the "woe is me, we've lost our best player" card to protect his reputation after our putrid start to the year.

Now he is about to trade the same player for a Varcoe or a Hunt who would rate somewhere around 30th on Geelong's list.

You can't have it both ways, champ. I'd rather get nothing for Clark than players who are going to spend more time at Casey than at senior level.

So...you would rather Roos get nothing for his best player than something? Even though you are criticising him for not getting a good return for him?

You are having it both ways - Roos is living in the real world - where our most talented player has major issues, has missed 51 games through injury, and doesn't want to play at the club anymore.

The situation sucks - Roos' handling of it doesn't.

• Like 8

You don't think you might have the cart before the horse poita?

No one has the faintest idea at the moment what the result will be.

Gee a little wait and see would not be out of the question here.

• Like 1

Ha ha.... He wants to get over Depression by moving to Geelong! If you look up depression in the dictionary there is a nice picture of Geelong's Main Street.

So, whatever led to this, I shed any care about mC like a lizard sheds its skin. Get the best deal, MFC, and be done with this pus bag.

Yeah the surfing, fishing and the lack of traffic really get to you after a while.

• Like 2

So...you would rather Roos get nothing for his best player than something? Even though you are criticising him for not getting a good return for him?

You are having it both ways - Roos is living in the real world - where our most talented player has major issues, has missed 51 games through injury, and doesn't want to play at the club anymore.

Thank God a little reason and good sense.

So angry at this development, The AFL is turning into the Premier League, where the good clubs get better and the clubs down the bottom get shafted, It's a joke, if we don't improve soon our good players will just nominate a club they want and they will go there.

Yep, Clark, Frawley, Rivers all potentially playing there next year. I've given up hope we'll even play finals any time soon let alone see a premiership. This comp is [censored].

And Clark can get [censored] don't let the door hit you on the way out you scumbag.

• Like 3

Just get their second rounder, trade it for Lamumba and be done with it. Sick of even thinking about this massive [censored]. The faster he [censored] off the better.

I question the censorship on here.

I imagine you think he is a massive [censored] ([censored]) which you can't say, but the faster he [censored] off the better is okay?

Edited by Demonland

Yeah the surfing, fishing and the lack of traffic really get to you after a while.

mate, i live in Geelong. It is not like that.

Down the coast maybe, but we are actually in the grips of a major ice epidemic down this way.

But like any town/city, you have your good areas and your bad areas.

• Like 5

Damn, was quite looking forward to booing the grub on QB. At least we're going to get compensated, by the looks.

Geelong could well have Rivers, Frawley and Clark running around for them next season.

The Melbourne 2.0 Cats.

My blood boils at the thought of the three of them at geelong. Seriously

• Like 1

I couldn't be less emotional about this. he's just a business transaction, a commodity.

his myriad of issues aren't worth the effort. Make no mistake, he may have walked. But there's a size 10 boot mark on his arse

I couldn't be less emotional about this. he's just a business transaction, a commodity.

his myriad of issues aren't worth the effort. Make no mistake, he may have walked. But there's a size 10 boot mark on his arse

He's a valuable commodity that we will be under-compensated for.

Clark is a big risk though. While his foot seems fine and he has been working towards a return, there are guarantees he will be even close to the player he was. Those hamstrings and calves of his have taken a battering.

I am beginning to see this as a positive though, as it's clear Clark has a wide variety of problems to work through and he can do so away from us. We need those committed to the cause and the long haul, and he isn't one of those.

Let's revisit in 12 months and see how his legs have held up. Like those who thought Caddy was just a plodded at GC those talking down Clark will be left eating their words.

Unhappy with our club at the moment , the team that never was . When will it come together ? Rivers Frawley Martin Clarke Pettard Maloney I know not everyone agrees on these guys but hell we had em and lost em for one reason or another. Enough

• Like 1

I'd rather we force him to the PSD and tell him we will redraft him if he is still available. If we get nothing for him so be it but we can't continually just have players dictating their terms to us and walking out for a handful of beans. Hunt or Varcoe won't add much to us, I'd rather take a stand than be completely walked over all the time. This club doesn't have the backbone for that though, continually pushed around for my entire life with the exception of when Gutnick was around.

• Like 2

Unhappy with our club at the moment , the team that never was . When will it come together ? Rivers Frawley Martin Clarke Pettard Maloney I know not everyone agrees on these guys but hell we had em and lost em for one reason or another. Enough

You forgot Silvia, Mortin & Bait

Edited by Tyson_Viney_Toumpas
  • Like 8