Post match discussion - Round 20

Demonland

Yes I thought so, personal attack on me, anyway I think I have made my point, if you can't be bothered even going to the games, your opinions on anything about the MFC are pretty worthless

You know you love it Saty!

By the way, where did you go for those six months after Neeldy got sacked?

I can't help myself. It makes my day seeing you ponce around here like a spoiled little kid throwing a tantrum as you get on your soap box and act as self righteously as possible. In many cases, more self righteously than is humanly safe!

By the way, I am going to answer your question. The truth is I secretly am a trojan horse who hates the MFC and plans on bringing it down from the inside by not watching games. WYL, P-Man and a few more of us are secretly planning on going to the MCG carpark later this month to tear down the statue of Norm Smith. We then are going to go and paint the statue of Ron Barassi in Carlton colors (like it should be).

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

You know you love it Saty!

By the way, where did you go for those six months after Neeldy got sacked?

I can't help myself. It makes my day seeing you ponce around here like a spoiled little kid throwing a tantrum as you get on your soap box and act as self righteously as possible. In many case, more self righteously than is humanly safe!

By the way, I am going to answer your question. The truth is I secretly am a trojan horse who hates the MFC and plans on bringing it down from the inside by not watching games. WYL, P-Man and a few more of us are secretly planning on going to the MCG carpark later this month to tear down the statue of Norm Smith. We then are going to go and paint the statue of Ron Barassi in Carlton colors (like it should be).

It's you that keeps biting back....let's see pre season occupied most of those six months, so do I have a life. er yes, was I living it, er yes, do I need to spend the pre season posting the same topic ad infinitum..er no....I just find it a bit rich from so called supporters who can't even be bothered watching never mind attending games, feel they have the right to then pronounce exactly what was wrong with the game.......how do you know?......(I doubt you could successfully lead an expedition up a flight of stairs never mind an attack on the MCG)....WYL and P-Man wow nice company....maybe if there was a statue of Cam Schwab you may get WYL's interest......

It's you that keeps biting back....let's see pre season occupied most of those six months, so do I have a life. er yes, was I living it, er yes, do I need to spend the pre season posting the same topic ad infinitum..er no....

Were you taking remedial reading classes during that time?

P.S. This is the last one. I have had my fun now.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

Yep someone mentioned Jake Stringe. A guy thats has had more impact this year then Jack Watts his whole career.

Sad reality.

I don't say this with any malice or ill intent but how? I must admit I don't follow the Dogs games all that much (though I have a soft spot for them as do a lot of people who live on this side of town).

What's are his odds for the Rising Star?

If Watts is as bad as many think and not doing the "non negotiables" why has he played every game and never been subbed?

Has it occurred to you that either you're wrong or Roos is a dud?

That proposition puts many here between a rock and a hard place.

Perhaps we should have a poll on which it is!

Roos knows he will get slammed by everyone if there is a photo of him with a red vest on.

Roos knows he will get slammed by everyone if there is a photo of him with a red vest on.

I don't think Roos is the kind to give a flying...

Perhaps he is playing his role and we are too hung up on the 4 or 5 efforts a game we deem unacceptable?

He draws the eye this kid - I try to watch what is happening around him sometimes as I am fixated on what he is doing and what he isn't doing, as opposed to what those in the MFC jumpers are, and aren't, doing.

Frankly, there are terrible efforts from Watts in a sea of terrible efforts from the team as a whole. It's diminishing though, for both Watts and the team.

His progress is as slow as the team's really. But it is there. Look at the second half against PA a few weeks ago.

I am as frustrated as anybody but I realise where the problems really lie - the team is suffering more from the players we don't have than ones we do.

Our midfield doesn't have the cattle and we don't have the depth of good players for the good players we do have to make an impact.

I know this post was a bit of a sprawl but there are those that are making Watts out to be the cause of our problems while claiming he is the symptom of our problems.

What if he is neither?

I wouldn't.

We need more class, not less.

A team full of Dan Nicholson's trying their guts out won't win a flag for anyone - including in the VFL.

I rate Watts. Pleased we have him.

A team full of Jack Watts' won't win you a flag either. Including in the VFL

So, if a team of Jack Wattses and a team of Daniel Nicholsons played each other, who would win? What's the consensus view out there?

I don't say this with any malice or ill intent but how? I must admit I don't follow the Dogs games all that much (though I have a soft spot for them as do a lot of people who live on this side of town).

Pretty long as he hasn't been nominated yet!

Edited by jnrmac

So, if a team of Jack Wattses and a team of Daniel Nicholsons played each other, who would win? What's the consensus view out there?

Probably Watts because Nicholsons would the ball and turn it over. The Watts' would keep it off them and score..

But it would be bad....

Probably Watts because Nicholsons would the ball and turn it over. The Watts' would keep it off them and score..

But it would be bad....

not sure...The Watts would probably just keep falling over !!!

• Like 1

The Nicholsons. Footy always starts with contests. And the Nicholson's would win the contests. Unfortunately Nicho is also a little soft and not that great at the contests (besides his fumbles and turnovers) but overall pace, endurance and ability to actually lay a tackle would lean to the Nicholsons.

In reality it's a team of VFL players v another team of VFL players. Which is where Watts belongs

• Like 1

I hope that those that want to trade Watts and think Watts would be good in a good team are not the same that want to trade Watts as they think he is a VFL level player - because the two views do not compute.

• Like 2

I reckon Bontimpelli is a better chance.

Duh! Jared Rivers and Aaron Davey, 2004.

irony...in 2004 Rivers played for MFC and another rising star played for Geelong. Later he would play for Melbourne .

Rivers later goes to Geelong

Things are looking for your club when you got 2 players competing for the rising star. Despite all the priority picks, whem was the last time MFC had that situation?

Stringer has not been nominated yet.

Stringer has not been nominated yet.

I just noticed on the AFL news feed listed here. Stringer was nominated yesterday.

The Doggies have had 3 blokes nominated this year. It makes you bloody want to cry considering we have had none (though JKH could have gotten a gong after his game in Adelaide but to be honest, he has been in and out of the team a bit much).

I just noticed on the AFL news feed listed here. Stringer was nominated yesterday.

The Doggies have had 3 blokes nominated this year. It makes you bloody want to cry considering we have had none (though JKH could have gotten a gong after his game in Adelaide but to be honest, he has been in and out of the team a bit much).

That's going to happen when you trade away picks.

Its like all AFL awards, unless your team wins you don't get shiite. Bob skilton would not have won one brownlow under the current system.

I have railed here before about the RS award. It has morphed into a B&F - favouring most games played and those nominated in rd 1-8. Its another media award.