I feel for you Roosy

Soidee

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-15/lenny-lingy-the-coaches?utm_medium=RSS

Was having a scroll through this then came upon them talking about the dees.

There is a footage of Roosy trying to rev the boys up from the weekends game. Only to see one Jack Watts paying no attention whatsoever and looking elsewhere. To me it is evident who does not give a stuff about his football or coach.

Should be giving roosy the death stare and focusing instead his head is in la la land.

Pull ya head in jack! Right to this point your nothing but a waste of talent and a major disappointment!

Seriously need to bite the bullet and trade him out at years end.

Go straight to 2:25

agreed

Must be traded at seasons end if this club is serious about improving

agreed

Must be traded at seasons end if this club is serious about improving

If this club is serious about improving it will retain players who improve, as Watts has this season.

It's unbelievable that people direct annoyance at Roos for constantly defending Watts. He knows what Watts' KPI's and goals on the field are and clearly Watts must be doing what he has been asked to do. In my eyes he's definitely improved this season and clearly Roos can see a whole lot more than us.

• Like 2

Roo's has always maintained a team environment, Watts is frustrating at times but i would be getting rid of a lot more than he before the thought even entered my mind, a great example is Matt Jones, why does this clown keep getting a game?

Roo's has always maintained a team environment, Watts is frustrating at times but i would be getting rid of a lot more than he before the thought even entered my mind, a great example is Matt Jones, why does this clown keep getting a game?

I reckon he gets a game because he (like Bail) runs his guts out both ways, which as we all know his a pre requisite to be selected in a Roos team. As is doing what he is told and playing his role (see his comments about Watts). Jones does his job.

• Like 3

I reckon he gets a game because he (like Bail) runs his guts out both ways, which as we all know his a pre requisite to be selected in a Roos team. As is doing what he is told and playing his role (see his comments about Watts). Jones does his job.

Jones is the only outstanding line breaker we have at the moment, too. He gets the ball and runs hard, takes the game on. There aren't many others who are doing this at the moment, hence our slow, stagnant ball movement.

• Like 2

Jones is the only outstanding line breaker we have at the moment, too. He gets the ball and runs hard, takes the game on. There aren't many others who are doing this at the moment, hence our slow, stagnant ball movement.

I think Kent can be a line breaker but at the moment only in patches, not for a full game.

Matt Jones hasn't missed a game since he started. That's a fair effort. If he could improve his disposal, though, he'd become a much more damaging player.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Jones is one of the first picked each week, he works his guts out and seems to play his role every single week, he provides a good bit of speed and run and can tackle, if he improves his disposal he would become a very complete player in my eyes

• Like 2

Roos is on massive bucks why feel sorry for him? At least Bailey had the boys attacking and kicking goals. Neeld lost me the minute he sacked Green as captain and appointed two boys who aren't up to the standard; no idea. Our Coaches have been destroying our leaders and club for years; to busy believing in their own hype that they are the ones to lead us out of the mire. Footy clubs need leaders, older players are usually the best. I reckon what Roos does next will count for everything. He has to move under performing or not up to it players on ( no mater who they are). Get players with hunger, talent and nastiness and start attacking and playing to win. Fill your list up with them and you will be like Sydney, Hawthorn and freo. Pretty simple really, I'm ready to start coaching right away.

As for who's next after Roos, well if he doesn't want to stay get Clarko or Matty Knights; he was flying at essendone until the saviour returned.

Bring it on deemonland

Watts is a failed experiment. He has no ticker for this level of football. Anyone who cant see this is deluded. How many years has he been on our list now? When is he going to start hitting packs and taking marks?, kicking multiple goals? like real footballers do?

His KPIs funniest thing I've ever heard of to do with football. Id like him to go out get drunk, beat up some bouncers, urinate on a cabie and then come out and kick seven goals like Neita did.

TRADE HIM PLEASE

As for who's next after Roos, well if he doesn't want to stay get Clarko or Matty Knights; he was flying at essendone until the saviour returned.

I hate to nitpick but I recall Essendon getting flogged by 96 points by Collingwood at the end of the 2010 season and losing to a post-Fev Lions at Etihad in front of roughly 20k fans. He forced Lloyd and Lucas to retire to early and had absolutely no defensive game plan. Hird wasn't the answer and has been more damaging than anything else but Knights was NOT flying by any stretch of the imagination.

That being said, he seems to be doing very well with the Geelong seconds.

He got Essendon moving after Sheedy had destroyed them. He deserves more credit than he gets. He built a lot of their current list and yes they did have some stumbles mainly against premiership teams but he got the graph going up. We could do worse; at least he wants to coach.

see how watts plays out the season, he's playing some reasonable games.

these days when a player goes out and gets drunk and belts a cabby, the ramifications are a bit worse than when neita did it.
so i think that is not a good idea for jack...

as for whether or not watts was listening to roos during the rev up, how could we know.

everybody handles heat differently.

let roos decide. pretty sure he will have a better idea of who needs to be on the list than anyone on this forum.

In the last few weeks PR is totally frustrated with the inability of many on the list who can play their role.

PR is now firmly putting his foot on the throat and will have marked the card of many under performers .

I feel for this bloke who has inherited such a poor group of footballers.

As Peter Jackson said - Dee supporters are looking for hope. My hope is PR is given time to clean out this shambles of a football team

I wouldn't worry about Roosy to much after all before he went to the AFL franchise sydney he was at Fitzroy which at the time was being kicked to death by the AFL commission.

I'm ready to start coaching right away.

Don't call us - we'll call you.

Watts is a failed experiment. He has no ticker for this level of football. Anyone who cant see this is deluded. How many years has he been on our list now? When is he going to start hitting packs and taking marks?, kicking multiple goals? like real footballers do?

His KPIs funniest thing I've ever heard of to do with football. Id like him to go out get drunk, beat up some bouncers, urinate on a cabie and then come out and kick seven goals like Neita did.

TRADE HIM PLEASE

Watts again. If we traded every player who flirted with good form, retreated back to bad habits, and teased us with many years on the list with arguable development - we would have Jones and Viney running around with all the players we got from other clubs.

Dunn sure as hell would not be there. Garland? Nup. Jamar? Gone years ago. Jetta? lol.

You are angry at the situation we find ourselves in and you seem to have picked out a flanker for 'not crashing packs and kicking multiple goals.' It's pretty lazy.

Do you really think that Watts is our problem? Or do you think he epitomises our problem? Then why not use another player or players who epitomise the problem?

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Jones is one of the first picked each week, he works his guts out and seems to play his role every single week, he provides a good bit of speed and run and can tackle, if he improves his disposal he would become a very complete player in my eyes

Obviously wasn't the first picked this week :)

• Like 2

Does anyone know why Roos couldnt make it to McLachlan's dinner?

Doesnt like curry,reminds him of america.

rpfc, I don't think Watts is our only problem, he is just symptomatic of our overall problem; he's not that good. You can keep thinking and hoping that because he was drafted no 1 he's going to end up being a superstar but it isn't going to happen. I wish it was but it wont. We have first year players that have more impact. He should be dropped for having as you say 'flirting form" good players are consistent; you know what you will get from them every week and its up to the standard. He in imo is a failed experiment. To continue to invest in this and not use our resources on other options is a continuation of what MFC has been about since the great imposter Travis Johnstone sponged off this club for more than a decade. We keep repeating the same stupidity.

Interesting you mention Jones and Viney, even you can see that they and the new players are up to it. the others are the reason we loose and will continue to loose; they are passengers.

I understand the frustration with the players - how can anyone not be?

But Watts is just a flanker with good skills who can be very damaging when others get him the footy. You are judging him as the number one pick with all the expectations that come with that - and don't tell me you're not - we pick on him for more reasons than his 'soft' displays.

We expected more than he can give but it is not his fault he is only ever going to be a flanker.

If we got rid of all the players you are targeting we wouldn't be able to field a side and we would continue to lose. Watts, Grimes, and Garland have all helped us win games and they are capable, they are just not in a position to shoulder the burden of making us a better team. That is up to a midfield we don't have yet and you wanting to burn the place down because of peripheral issues to this main problem is naive, or in the case of Neeld - near disastrous.

rpfc, with all due respect I don't want to burn the place down but you just said it yourself. "He can be a very damaging player when others get him the ball"; what is this ozkick? The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club.

The first rule of Australian Rules Football is you must be able to get your own ball. He cant, and that's why I say he is a failed experiment. Are you suggesting we wait until we have enough good players around him who can all get the ball for him and then he will shine for us? Ok lets say it takes five years until we are at that point, by then he will be a ten year player. no club can carry a player for that long. We should be bold and put him up to trade and get what we can.

rpfc I'm curious; have you ever even played football?