Time is up for some players

All the Jacks

Ah, but why is Roosy playing him then? Answer me that Ox!! Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place aren't ya??

On the whole I agree with him. He does lack urgency, he is treading water, and it isn't working.

I would lean towards giving him another year under Roos. Just. If we're at this point again next year it becomes a much easier decision, the problem being that by that stage I'm not too sure what we'd get for him.

Edited by P-man

He's in the first year of a three year contract after being convinced by the coach to return to the club.

I just don't see Roos giving up on himself more than anything.

And Watts has shown more in his first 6 years than Dunn did; so there is always hope that he can show what he has shown - in many quarters and halves and the odd game - over a more consistent period.

• Like 2

Just listening to SEN. The Ox has come out and said that its time for Watts to move on. Reckons MFC can't develop him.

• Like 1

i'm actually more bullish on watts being successful at the demons this time this year than i was this time last year.

i think he's playing the role that roos has set out for him, and playing a team role.

yes, he can get better; still goes to ground too easily, seems to lack urgency around the contest, doesn't tackle with intent.

but his repeat leading and effort has been pretty consistent in 2014.

i now see him as part of our future rather than the past.

i'm actually more bullish on watts being successful at the demons this time this year than i was this time last year.

i think he's playing the role that roos has set out for him, and playing a team role.

yes, he can get better; still goes to ground too easily, seems to lack urgency around the contest, doesn't tackle with intent.

but his repeat leading and effort has been pretty consistent in 2014.

i now see him as part of our future rather than the past.

He's in the first year of a three year contract after being convinced by the coach to return to the club.

I just don't see Roos giving up on himself more than anything.

And Watts has shown more in his first 6 years than Dunn did; so there is always hope that he can show what he has shown - in many quarters and halves and the odd game - over a more consistent period.

There's that word again: hope. It is always a case of hope with Watts. Eventually reason needs to take over.

One more year to show real progress on the flaws in his game and some consistency to match, or he needs to be moved on.

Watts needs a hit of Ayahuasca and some psychological awakening to form a bond between his mind and body because at the moment they're so far apart. Until he is comfortable in his body and strong in the mind, he'll always float about.

The guy doesn't need any more football related training or exercises.

He needs to see a sports psychologist and strip back some of the conditioning that holds him back on the field.

And ayahuasca.

• Like 5

Watts needs a hit of Ayahuasca and some psychological awakening to form a bond between his mind and body because at the moment they're so far apart. Until he is comfortable in his body and strong in the mind, he'll always float about.

The guy doesn't need any more football related training or exercises.

He needs to see a sports psychologist and strip back some of the conditioning that holds him back on the field.

And ayahuasca.

Hypnotise the sh!t out of him, or into him as it were...

One thing about the floating - I am certain he has been told that he has just got to be present as a release out the back of contests to kick the ball (as he is almost alone with his skills at the club) but that he is having trouble with the balance of that and hitting the contest when he needs to. That married with the fact he is not naturally inclined to hit contests has led to these poor efforts that we see so blatantly.

I still maintain he is far from alone with the number and gall of those poor efforts - it's just his seem to catch the eye more for various reasons.

For those Watts "bashers", this will probably be disappointing news. From the MFC twitter account, Roos presser...

"Roos: (Watts is) improving over the course of the season, he's been doing the roles we've been asking him to doing all year"

Edited by hardtack

he has problem with balance period. Surprising for a BBall player really

he has problem with balance period. Surprising for a BBall player really

Not really surprising to me. He doesn't have enough weight (or strength) around the hips, so he gets knocked over too easily. Contrast his body shape with Pedersen who is much harder to bump out of a contest.

Jack Watts has been a major disappointment but who amongst us believes he's been well developed by the MFC in the first five of his six years? If I were Paul Roos I'd be telling him he needs to do two things in 2015 - build up his lower body mass and work on his desire for the contest. The first of these seems relatively simple to me (but perhaps isn't). The second would appear to be much harder.

Not really surprising to me. He doesn't have enough weight (or strength) around the hips, so he gets knocked over too easily. Contrast his body shape with Pedersen who is much harder to bump out of a contest.

Jack Watts has been a major disappointment but who amongst us believes he's been well developed by the MFC in the first five of his six years? If I were Paul Roos I'd be telling him he needs to do two things in 2015 - build up his lower body mass and work on his desire for the contest. The first of these seems relatively simple to me (but perhaps isn't). The second would appear to be much harder.

I dont doubt there much to his body size/weight etc that contributes but he often falls over when theres no obvious reason to do so. A lot of Bball ia bout using your body and position to advantage and as JW was a very good Bballer youd have thought hed have some of this inherent ability but it just doesnt translate.

For those Watts "bashers", this will probably be disappointing news. From the MFC twitter account, Roos presser...

"Roos: (Watts is) improving over the course of the season, he's been doing the roles we've been asking him to doing all year"

This label of "bashing" that gets attributed to anyone who is critical of Watts' output to date is silly.

• Like 3

Hardtack, I don't think they are bashers per se, unfortunately we have about five topics at the moment all discussing what we need or who should be delisted or who should we draft, unfortunately Jack Watts has been and always will be a target, but your post sums it up, Roos is pleased with him, end of debate on Watts

I am just thankful that none of us posters on here have any input to Melbourne's list, people think we are in a bad place at the moment and perhaps we are, I shudder to think where we would be if half of what Demonland posters wanted in the way of list management actually occurred

people think we are in a bad place at the moment and perhaps we are,

Isnt that bit alone cause and reason for debate ?

I dont for one abide by the notion this club gets everything right, even with Jackson and Roos there. They are certainly doing a far better job than many a predescessor of recent efforts but we can always debate.

Love to know what exactly Watts role is, other than to fall over at ever lamentable times. I rate him for his ability and skills but deplore him of his delivery of them during a game. Yes I agree with many he , ironically , is one of the best to have the ball in hands but that alone doesnt make a good footballer though many have the converse set of game day abilities.

We're 3rd last a huge whopping one place better than last year.

I think we can debate and question whats happening still. :huh:

This label of "bashing" that gets attributed to anyone who is critical of Watts' output to date is silly.

And now you are unfairly attributing to posters that challenge the criticism of Watts to being 'bashers.'

I criticise him, how can you not, but there is reasoned critiques and then there is senseless berating and constant tirades.

Don't fool me that there isn't, or that the reason is not drowned out by the berating and the tirades.

Edited by rpfc

And now you are unfairly attributing to posters that any who criticise Watts are 'bashing' him.

I criticise him, how can you not, but there is reasoned critiques and then there is senseless berating and constant tirades.

Don't fool me that there isn't, or that the reason is not drowned out by the berating and the tirades.

I think that actually was his point RPFC...he wasnt attributing bashing ( suggested that others were doing so ) just questioning it

As Christine Keeler would say, he would say that wouldn't he.

• Like 1

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Ox-Time-for-Watts-to-move-on/71053

Ox believes Watts should move on at the end of the year.

Personally I'm not sure, I've always wanted him to succeed but he makes some decent points.

Discussed on here plenty of times but normally leads to childish comments ^.

Could anyone see Watts realistically being traded at eos?

HaHa, I think so. some of us have given up on him doing anything, with us anyway. he's too well fed & adorned, to be fierce.

Ah, but why is Roosy playing him then? Answer me that Ox!! Now you're stuck between a rock and a hard place aren't ya??

On the whole I agree with him. He does lack urgency, he is treading water, and it isn't working.

I would lean towards giving him another year under Roos. Just. If we're at this point again next year it becomes a much easier decision, the problem being that by that stage I'm not too sure what we'd get for him.

why is he playing Chippa?

why is he playing any one of a dozen on our senior list?

Hardtack, I don't think they are bashers per se, unfortunately we have about five topics at the moment all discussing what we need or who should be delisted or who should we draft, unfortunately Jack Watts has been and always will be a target, but your post sums it up, Roos is pleased with him, end of debate on Watts

I am just thankful that none of us posters on here have any input to Melbourne's list, people think we are in a bad place at the moment and perhaps we are, I shudder to think where we would be if half of what Demonland posters wanted in the way of list management actually occurred

I think if they had listened to some of what we had to say that would have done a better job.

Ignoring contract status

Davey was cooked for his last 2 seasons

Jamar had one good year

Beemer was a flat track bone way bully

Watts has no mongrel

Juice was a massive list clogger

Bennel the same

Weetra

Grigic

Cook

Green last year

Bruce, Yze, White all in their final year and a bit

Gysberts

Tapscott

I could go on....

The mob got a few wrong:

Dunn

Jetta

Frawley after 2y

Jones after 2y

I reckon the mob is ahead....

• Like 1

I have come to the point I share the idea here from Ox. Simply better to part ways with Watts and reboot.

The real , not suggested improvement always seems a little way away, an iluusion.

And hate to tell you , but often what Roos says isnt actually what hes thinking, its just for [public consumption. You need to decipher Roos-speak

If Melbourne's list was determined by Demonland it would contain N Jones, Tyson, Cross, Vince, Hogan and Jetta. And maybe Salem and JKH. Everyone else would be in trouble.

edit: added Hogan

Edited by La Dee-vina Comedia