The official I love Dom Tyson thread

Would Roos trade Tyson and Salem for pick 2 or for Kelly?

No way, he wouldn't even trade one of those players for Kelly.

Kelly has a long way to go to even match Tyson and there's no guarantee that it will happen.

• Like 1

Has composure and class, doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, has a big kick on him, straight-lines the ball.

Have we ever had a midfielder at Melbourne do what this kid is doing in his first few games for the club? Don't forget, he was barely a player for GWS - 15 games over two years, with his second season ruined by injury.

I can't quite fathom how impressive he looks.

Loved Mitch Clark's tweet yesterday saying he reminded him of Simon Black and Luke Hodge.

Yes, please!!

• Like 1

Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere but Dom was on the Sunday Footy Show.

Very impressive kid, on and off the field.

His old mate Damo Barrett was sitting 2 seats away and never said a [censored] word for the whole segment, the gutless piece of [censored] [censored] [censored] rat bastard.

• Like 7

His old mate Damo Barrett was sitting 2 seats away and never said a [censored] word for the whole segment, the gutless piece of [censored] [censored] [censored] rat [censored].

Wrong Barrett was already off the show once Tyson came.

Guys, it wasn't just Damian Barrett who made a clown of himself about this trade. What about the Herald-Sun's Mr Smug, Sam Edmund? Remember this belter of an article after Round 3? I just tweeted "Slammin Sam" to go and talk to his dumb recruiter mates now and see what they think.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/if-youre-a-melbourne-supporter-look-away-now-demons-draft-bungles-aplenty/story-fni5f91a-1226881324821

Did anyone notice Sam Edmund gave Tyson the 3 votes in the Sunday H-Sun????

His old mate Damo Barrett was sitting 2 seats away and never said a [censored] word for the whole segment, the gutless piece of [censored] [censored] [censored] rat [censored].

The highlight with this post is trying to work out what the "censored" words are. I've tried to fill in the blanks, but I want to see if the poster and I are on the same page.

Surely the mods can make it that any post that is having a go at Barrett escapes the censorship rules?

• Like 5

Would Roos trade Tyson and Salem for pick 2 or for Kelly?

No way, he wouldn't even trade one of those players for Kelly.

Kelly has a long way to go to even match Tyson and there's no guarantee that it will happen.

Pick 20 was also part of that trade, a lot of people seem to have forgotten that.

I do believe we won that trade and was happy it happened but it's worth mentioning that pick 2 wasn't a straight swap for Tyson and pick 9 (Salem).

Pick 20 was also part of that trade, a lot of people seem to have forgotten that.

I do believe we won that trade and was happy it happened but it's worth mentioning that pick 2 wasn't a straight swap for Tyson and pick 9 (Salem).

Yes that's why I'd go back and not do that whole trade if I could.

Tyson is ok, but he's no A Maric, Strauss, Blease or Tapscott.

• Like 4

Yes that's why I'd go back and not do that whole trade if I could.

Tyson is ok, but he's no A Maric, Strauss, Blease or Tapscott.

I'm not suggesting that at all.

I just don't like seeing the trade being construed as "Tyson/pick 9 (Salem) for pick 2". That would have been trade of the century but that's not what happened, pick 20 was also involved.

I'm not suggesting that at all.

I just don't like seeing the trade being construed as "Tyson/pick 9 (Salem) for pick 2". That would have been trade of the century but that's not what happened, pick 20 was also involved.

Yeah I wasn't having a go at you, was having a laugh. And a go at the club for p!ssing away pick 20ish on numerous occasions.

At least it was involved in something useful this time.

• Like 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH

Speechless at your comment

Look it up.

Pick 2, pick 20 and pick 72 for Tyson, pick 9 and pick 53.

That's the trade that happened.

As I said before I believe we won the trade and I'm very very happy to have Tyson on the list but I get annoyed when people insinuate we outright got Tyson/Salem for Kelly.

Pick 20 could have been Crouch, it wasn't a nothing pick.

Look it up.

As I said before I believe we won the trade and I'm very very happy to have Tyson on the list but I get annoyed when people insinuate we outright got Tyson/Salem for Kelly.

Didn't we take JHK with pick 53?

#winning

Look it up.

But we got Salem and Tyson.

It was basically:

Salem- Kelly

Tyson- pick 20

Hunt- Pass

now that combo, i'm happy.

I cant even begin to tell you how silly your comment sounded to me

But we got Salem and Tyson.

It was basically:

Salem- Kelly

Tyson- pick 20

Hunt- Pass

now that combo, i'm happy.

I cant even begin to tell you how silly your comment sounded to me

I think of it more as

#2 for Dom

#20 for Salem

Hunt for #72

On that basis I am still happy.

All in all we just need good footballers at the club - their actual draft number (as we have learnt) means squat.

I also think that GWS wont be seen as losers from this transaction. They spread their list age a bit more, add a different midfield profile to the group in Kelly as well.

There's another issue involved in the Tyson/Salem v Kelly debate which hasn't even been mentioned. The Melbourne strategy has reduced risk. I don't wish ill will on any player involved, but if one has a career threatening industry in his early years, which team would be better off? Melbourne still with one of Tyson or Salem playing or GWS with no-one? Sure, the higher risk (ie, GWS strategy) may produce a higher reward...but it also has a higher risk of going pear shaped.

There's another issue involved in the Tyson/Salem v Kelly debate which hasn't even been mentioned. The Melbourne strategy has reduced risk. I don't wish ill will on any player involved, but if one has a career threatening industry in his early years, which team would be better off? Melbourne still with one of Tyson or Salem playing or GWS with no-one? Sure, the higher risk (ie, GWS strategy) may produce a higher reward...but it also has a higher risk of going pear shaped.

I think the initial thinking was we would get 2 good players for 1 great player potentially

but I am of the opinion Tyson will be at least as good as Kelly and Salem could well reach that level also so it's got the potential to be a massive win for us.

After the Bulldogs game, Giansiricusa was on GameDay where he did the review of the game.

They do a "Three Things I Learned" at the end of their review

One of Gia's three things went along the lines "Dom Tyson won't BE a star, he already is one"

• Like 4

The highlight with this post is trying to work out what the "censored" words are. I've tried to fill in the blanks, but I want to see if the poster and I are on the same page.

Surely the mods can make it that any post that is having a go at Barrett escapes the censorship rules?

How about we add to the lexicon.

That Scully is a barrett. Or

Collingwood supporters are barretts.

I need to go to the toilet to do a big barrett because i have a bad case of the barretts.

If you don't agree then you are a big barrett you rat barrett barrett.

No offence to the reader. If you take offence go barrett yourself.

• Like 1