Mitch Clark at training today

Vagg

With Mitch off the list, it is a ridiculous situation where we cannot sign anyone from outside the AFL to come onto the list...

I hope to see some changes to this in the next few years.

• Like 2

As someone who suffers from depression on and off, I can assure you that looking well and having a great time don't mean a whole lot long term. Or at least in my experience. Having said that, it's great to see that Mitch has taken the time to come out and made the call that he's ready. Small steps. You never get cured, you just learn to live with the predisposition and hopefully Mitchy is well on the way.

HFF you, Mitch Clark, and anyone else whose battling the Black Dog may be interested in reading this recent Forbes article: Brain Training And The End Of The Prozac Generation

• Like 2

With Mitch off the list, it is a ridiculous situation where we cannot sign anyone from outside the AFL to come onto the list...

I hope to see some changes to this in the next few years.

Well the way that the article read of the website if we didn't have Hogan to place on the LT injury list Georgio would go back to being a rookie. That seems really stupid, regardless of whether he's retired or injuried we are now down a player and we should be allowed to make a rookie available on our list.

• Like 3

Well the way that the article read of the website if we didn't have Hogan to place on the LT injury list Georgio would go back to being a rookie. That seems really stupid, regardless of whether he's retired or injuried we are now down a player and we should be allowed to make a rookie available on our list.

Well what happened to Gold Coast when Campbell Brown was wiped off their list for that punching incident? Or for Port with John McCarthy after his tragic death in Las Vegas? Let's put this in perspective guys.

And it's irrelevant anyway. Once Hogan comes back, Georgiou can remain on the senior list via Trengove's LTI spot, and Jetta can be elevated mid-year due to the rookie elevation policy. Harmes and King will remain rookies.

Well what happened to Gold Coast when Campbell Brown was wiped off their list for that punching incident? Or for Port with John McCarthy after his tragic death in Las Vegas? Let's put this in perspective guys.

And it's irrelevant anyway. Once Hogan comes back, Georgiou can remain on the senior list via Trengove's LTI spot, and Jetta can be elevated mid-year due to the rookie elevation policy. Harmes and King will remain rookies.

Just because a policy has been consistently applied doesn't make it right.

And it's not irrelevant - what if we wanted to upgrade Harmes & King for some reason.

• Like 1

Pains me to say it, but "the Pedo" has actually been good for us the past few games.

Why does it pain you to say it? Pedo tries his butt off isnt particularly over skilled isnt flash wasnt no 1 draft pick so Watt is your problem in saying he is going ok and contributing to the team?

Every team can carry a pedo....not overly skilled but makes up for it with 100% effort. Unfortunately he has had to play key position roles because of our injury situation & then we become over critical. When he is supported by these key position players & he plays his supporting role...hopefully you will be a little kinder

Roos stopped the drill for a good 5 minutes to work out why on Earth from a starting position of N. Jones from the half back flank he couldn't get 18 on 18 (a couple had headed to the bench to even up the numbers) and why the players weren't in the right spots. Eventually he got the forwards down the line in the right spot and 60-100 from the ball. The midfielders bunched inwards about 40m from the ball, the defenders fanned out for the switch and the forwards guarding them in the right configuration. I heard him scream "No your role, play your role". It was dispiriting that 36 of them couldn't work out the right spots and be there. From the right spots the play actually moved forward pretty well. Roos brought them in for a big chat after that, clearly not impressed. But he was coaching and directing them.

I love this insight, thanks.

I was told today from a mate of an AFL level field umpire who has links to the Fremantle board that the Dockers will do everything possible to get Clark on their list but will not pressure him.

If Clark signed up for any other club in the league in the next few years, he'd be spitting in the face of a lot of people who supported him through one of the lowest points of his life. Don't think he'd ever do it.

Also don't think Ross Lyon would entertain doing that to Roos after we severed ties with Clark when he backed out of his contract.

• Like 2

Wow, that bit about Pedo makes me physically ill.

I'm hoping to god we get rid of him at season's end.

Typical Pedersen.

Goes alright, but he's all about himself.

You'll never see him give the ball off inside 50.

One of the reasons he was disliked at North.

Whats that all about?

Pedo was rubbish n unfit last year

but if you have been watching this season, he has been working as hard as anyone.

Hes come leaps and bounds in confidence, hes a lot more composed now.

Not really sure why we would want to get rid of a guy thats made so much progress?

I don't think he's overly selfish either, i could be proven wrong over the rest of the season, but from what i have seen, he's been a real team player, playing his role.

• Like 1

Every team can carry a pedo....not overly skilled but makes up for it with 100% effort. Unfortunately he has had to play key position roles because of our injury situation & then we become over critical. When he is supported by these key position players & he plays his supporting role...hopefully you will be a little kinder

That's half our problem, we carry too many of these players who are not overly skilled but try... Pedo, Mckenzie, Grimes, Terlich, Bail, M Jones, Spencer, Jamar, McDonald, Frawley the list goes on.

We are a team full of poorly skilled battlers.

Until we draft some talent that can combine the two we are going to remain a very average football team.

Edited by Tyson_Viney_Toumpas

That's half our problem, we carry too many of these players who are not overly skilled but try... Pedo, Mckenzie, Grimes, Terlich, Bail, M Jones, Spencer, Jamar, McDonald, Frawley the list goes on.

We are a team full of poorly skilled battlers.

Until we draft some talent that can combine the two we are going to remain a very average football team.

Since when have we been "very average"? I'd kill to be very average. Right now we're merely "poor"--having recently been upgraded from "absolutely horrific."

I'd like to claim back the word "average." It used to be that it meant "middle-of-the-road," but for some reason it now means anything from "below normal" to "truly terrible."

Edited by Chook

Since when have we been "very average"? I'd kill to be very average. Right now we're merely "poor"--having recently been upgraded from "absolutely horrific."

I'd like to claim back the word "average." It used to be that it meant "middle-of-the-road," but for some reason it now means anything from "below normal" to "truly terrible."

Oh well, you obviously got my point anyway.

Whats that all about?

Pedo was rubbish n unfit last year

but if you have been watching this season, he has been working as hard as anyone.

Hes come leaps and bounds in confidence, hes a lot more composed now.

Not really sure why we would want to get rid of a guy thats made so much progress?

I don't think he's overly selfish either, i could be proven wrong over the rest of the season, but from what i have seen, he's been a real team player, playing his role.

I've noticed a lot of selfish acts from Pedersen, especially this season.

That's what this is all about.

Why does it pain you to say it? Pedo tries his butt off isnt particularly over skilled isnt flash wasnt no 1 draft pick so Watt is your problem in saying he is going ok and contributing to the team?

please read previous posts between me and Ol' Dee, it has already been discussed why. i like "the Pedo."

yikes.

971.gif

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 1

did you feel like elaborating?

From what i can recall in the last few impressive games he's playdl, he's played his team role in defence, completive in ruck and played stints forward.

his highlights real doesn't really depict him as a selfish a player.

I could be proved wrong, but i dot see it yet.

• Like 1

From what i can recall in the last few impressive games he's playdl, he's played his team role in defence, completive in ruck and played stints forward.

I haven't focussed much on him this season but last season he would pick and choose his contests and often leave teammates high and dry when he should have gone to assist. I couldn't imagine him getting away with this under Roos.

You mate have no idea if you say that.

He is a player who trys his guts out every game You should actually watch what he does

You sir actually watch what Pedo does

Edited by jackaub

You mate have no idea if you say that.

He is a player who trys his guts out every game You should actually watch what he does

They're not mutually exclusive.

Trying your guts out to win the game off your own boot and stuffing it up, when you have an easy, free and obvious option nearby, and doing it repeatedly, is still selfish.

I suggest you watch him more closely in future.

That's not to say he can't improve this facet of his game.

His highlights reel?!!

FFS.

Watch the game, maybe then you'd have an idea what I'm talking about.