Training - Wednesday 11th December, 2013

Whispering_Jack

So who was the player that said it? If it's ok to add grist to the mill of those who all ready slag off Toumpas as being soft on here, then surely the player that said this doesn't need to be protected from a wider Demonland community that could equally well handle such a momentous disclosure.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a player say Toumpas is very Morton like ie. very outside. The difference is so far Toumpas has shown the way he's attacking this preseason that he's likely working on his body and will be

These kind of comments often come from lesser or frustrated players when referring to the new boys especially golden child types like first round picks who will invariably be giving games ahead of strugglers.

The amount of [censored] I've said about team mates in local footy is 10 times worse than a throw away line.

Anyway bad luck Ben Hur on your nephew being a [censored] as it is routinely known across most of Melbourne that Hannebery's mates aren't the sharpest tool in the shed eg. the caravan rolling down a hill at Falls Festival incident.

So who was the player that said it? If it's ok to add grist to the mill of those who all ready slag off Toumpas as being soft on here, then surely the player that said this doesn't need to be protected from a wider Demonland community that could equally well handle such a momentous disclosure.

Well said Hardtack.

Players putting each other down in public and demonlanders posting said put-downs here promotes the opposite mind set to the all for one, one for all team spirit that successful teams have and that Roos especially encourages.

What is worse to a team?

A player playing 'soft' in his first year of footy, or a teammate giving that opinion to a supporter?

LIKE Or somebody posting it on Demonland?

LIKE Or somebody posting it on Demonland?

Why should I determine what needs to be censored on Demonland. It's a trivial aside by one player that was silly enough to say it. But it's also relevant. I doubt he's the only player that thinks it and I for one have rarely seen such a highly ranked junior so out of his depth at AFL level. But I also don't condemn his future over it as I have great faith he'll adjust and work it out with good coaching and development.

The player was silly to say it and you can please yourself as to the merits of the comment or otherwise.

I won't be silly enough to name the player, as it's irrelevant to the statement.

I've also heard that Toumpas thing. Ironically, unless it was Nathan Jones, or Col Garland (given hanging with Hannebery I'd say it wouldn't be) , many of them can't speak much themselves can they!

God how I'd enjoy if Jack Watts was the one who said that.

Alas, BH if you think he was the worst looking first year player you haven't been watching enough footy. Chad Wingard is the best example that gives me hope for next year. Looked horrifically out of his depth, averaged 10 touches and nothing contested. This year averaged over 21, kicked a heap of goals and looked very capable of winning contested footy. He won Ports BNF and became an All Australian.

Toumpas has great help this year finally, and I expect to see some growth like Wingards- exponential.

The player was silly to say it and you can please yourself as to the merits of the comment or otherwise.

I won't be silly enough to name the player, as it's irrelevant to the statement.

The bigger news is who said that - not his opinion of Toumpas being soft.

Talk about burying the lead...

My Nephew is a mad Dees supporter. Really passionate. He's great mates with Hannebery and met Trengove and a number of players recently. They know he's mates with Dan and were quite forthcoming. This was a comment by one player.

Probably said by a self-appointed tough guy who can't get his own hands on the footy, like Tapscott.

Really clever comment, anyway.

Don't care what player it was that's pretty disgraceful to be saying that out in the public.

Who said it was in public?

The kid probably didn't think a little weasel supporter would be playing chinese whispers with an off-hand comment.

It's not like he put it on twitter.

I've also heard that Toumpas thing. Ironically, unless it was Nathan Jones, or Col Garland (given hanging with Hannebery I'd say it wouldn't be) , many of them can't speak much themselves can they!

God how I'd enjoy if Jack Watts was the one who said that.

Alas, BH if you think he was the worst looking first year player you haven't been watching enough footy. Chad Wingard is the best example that gives me hope for next year. Looked horrifically out of his depth, averaged 10 touches and nothing contested. This year averaged over 21, kicked a heap of goals and looked very capable of winning contested footy. He won Ports BNF and became an All Australian.

Toumpas has great help this year finally, and I expect to see some growth like Wingards- exponential.

Is it?

Hardly.

If it comes from a player that is getting more time at Casey as result of Toumpas' presence, it is highly relevant.

Also, it sounds to me an indication that the particular player may not yet have bought into Roos' and LT's philosophies, and may never.

Why should I determine what needs to be censored on Demonland. It's a trivial aside by one player that was silly enough to say it. But it's also relevant. I doubt he's the only player that thinks it and I for one have rarely seen such a highly ranked junior so out of his depth at AFL level. But I also don't condemn his future over it as I have great faith he'll adjust and work it out with good coaching and development.

Gotta say, you just love to pot players you perceive as "soft", whether its warranted or not.

Did anyone expect Toumpas to be a hard inside contested ball winning mid, especially off the bat?

Because if they did, they were sorely mistaken.

NB. Toumpas made a much larger impression in his first season than Hanneberry did.

Gotta say, you just love to pot players you perceive as "soft", whether its warranted or not.

Did anyone expect Toumpas to be a hard inside contested ball winning mid, especially off the bat?

Because if they did, they were sorely mistaken.

"You just love to pot players you perceive as soft whether it's warranted or not." Will I pot any player that I perceive as soft ? Unquestionably. If I pot them clearly I'll think it's warranted, otherwise I wouldn't be potting them.

"Did anyone expect Toumpas to be a hard inside contested ball winning mid, especially off the bat?" I don't know. Idiots do post here though.

"NB. Toumpas made a much larger impression in his first season than Hanneberry did." I have two responses. Firstly, what has Hannebery got to do with Toumpas ? Secondly, Hannebery was a year younger than Toumpas when he debuted, residing in Melbourne and still at school. Also, Sydney don't rush first year players.

One day I'll bother to learn how to quote properly...

You take a third hand quote from someone said in private questioning a players courage and choose to insult that player in a public forum where there is a good chance his parents and friends will see it while all the time hiding behind an internet name.

The hypocrisy is astounding particularly from someone calling themselves "Ben-Hur" and having as little sex kitten as his avatar!

I think I know who is the girl is in this affair.

You take a third hand quote from someone said in private questioning a players courage and choose to insult that player in a public forum where there is a good chance his parents and friends will see it while all the time hiding behind an internet name.

The hypocrisy is astounding particularly from someone calling themselves "Ben-Hur" and having as little sex kitten as his avatar!

I think I know who is the girl is in this affair.

Yes, that was my choice. I don't censor the site, but those that do have seen fit to leave it. Is your gripe more with them than me, or about equally apportioned ?

I've been thinking about a name change, so your timing is quite good. Will keep you posted.

Btw, I don't think we're as close as we once were. Damn. I'll never see that prize.

"You just love to pot players you perceive as soft whether it's warranted or not." Will I pot any player that I perceive as soft ? Unquestionably. If I pot them clearly I'll think it's warranted, otherwise I wouldn't be potting them.

I gathered that. There are 2 points though.

You perceive players as being "soft" when it's not warranted.

And you take pleasure in potting them when that's the case.

I find it obnoxious, especially when it's a kid that has little chance to disprove your strong opinion.

"Did anyone expect Toumpas to be a hard inside contested ball winning mid, especially off the bat?" I don't know. Idiots do post here though.

Would you bother potting a myriad of other players that perform the very same or similar roles at other clubs with aplomb, and by your definition would still be termed soft? Brad or Stephen Hill? Lewis Jetta? Isaac Smith? Essentially any outside runner?

Surely you understand the importance of having these players in a side.

It's great when they are tough as nails and win contested footy too, but how often does that happen?

"NB. Toumpas made a much larger impression in his first season than Hanneberry did." I have two responses. Firstly, what has Hannebery got to do with Toumpas ? Secondly, Hannebery was a year younger than Toumpas when he debuted, residing in Melbourne and still at school. Also, Sydney don't rush first year players.

You're potting Toumpas for his impact in his first season.

You know he was coming off surgery on both hips.

And he solidly outperformed your lovechild Hanneberry in their respective first seasons, regardless of what excuses you'd like to make for him.

It was but one example, chosen due to your incessant boy-crush commentary.

One day I'll bother to learn how to quote properly...

I doubt it.

Yes, that was my choice. I don't censor the site, but those that do have seen fit to leave it. Is your gripe more with them than me, or about equally apportioned ?

I've been thinking about a name change, so your timing is quite good. Will keep you posted.

Btw, I don't think we're as close as we once were. Damn. I'll never see that prize.

As you once said "with free speech comes responsibility".

I resigned as a mod because my standards were too strict and out of step with Whispering Jack's liberal views on what could be said. I didn't want to be part of it and if still a mod I would have deleted your post. It was just unnecessary and bad taste.

I told you ages ago I didn't expect to see the prize in my lifetime. That's a secondary consideration for me although I know it isn't for most. But where there is life there is hope and the head of the fish is now in first class condition.

It will be good when it's fun again.