The Successor

mitch

On another new staff appointment, George Stone is definitely coming from Sydney. The source is the closest to GS possible, and I can't be more specific, so don't ask. Announcement won't be made til after Sydney's season wraps.

Is this a hands on source of yours?

Edited by Chippy

Voss would be horrible. No thanks.

Differing opinion is fine, but why?

Yes, his recruiting decisions were very poor, but his coaching seemed good - he did well with a very average list that was hampered by constant injuries. Only real problem i had with his coaching was that he insisited on playing Tom Rockliff forward, when he was clearly a top-flight midfielder. I'm sure he'd learn plenty under PR

He also didn't play a lot of their early selected kids, for whatever reason got them disillusioned, and now half a dozen of them want to leave.

Not a great legacy to leave.

But... I think if put in a position where Voss was made accountable to someone like Roos, he'd not have the chance to do this.

Roos would pull him into line and monitor this sort of thing.

As far as simply coaching goes, I think he'd be an asset.

Perfectly happy for him to be midfield line coach, provided we have another (Scott Burns is my bet) as senior assistant.

Voss would be horrible. No thanks.

sometimes your mistakes,make it easier to get on with life

I can see sure voss in a meeting saying whoa,i did that once and it was a big mistake,lets not go down that road ,and explain the reasons why

nothing wrong with that,if we have apposition vacant and hes applying ,id listen

sometimes your mistakes,make it easier to get on with life

I can see sure voss in a meeting saying whoa,i did that once and it was a big mistake,lets not go down that road ,and explain the reasons why

nothing wrong with that,if we have apposition vacant and hes applying ,id listen

Exactly. Past experience is not something that shouldn't be taken into account. He's knows how it works, and I believe he'd be able to collaborate well with Roos. The argument against him would be that he's already molded his own beliefs and opinions, but I think he would be able to admit where he went wrong. Three years under the best in the business could make him into a fantastic coach

Stone is their development coach.

Cheers.

not really

why would we keep him on, he was a Neeld appointment

anything Neeld related is poison

If you want to be that closed minded then that's okay, it's a bloody stupid way to think though.

Taylor has been one of the best recruiters in the last half decade or so - look at the quality of Collingwood's midfield in particular. He'll do well for us.

Seems this like alot of cases may be a situation where the club may need to change coaches to take the next step, Hardwick has done a good job building a strong list but someone like Choco would be able to read the game as you say and help them improve that 10-15% that would make them a premiership contender.

Have you thought about resizing your avatar photo ?

Speaking of Voss - what the hell is going on with their kids up there?

Karnezis, Polec, Doherty, Longer - they are all rumoured to want to leave. the first two confirmed...

Is that because Voss left, or carry over from his tenure?

• Like 1

Karnezis, Polec, Doherty, Longer - they are all rumoured to want to leave. the first two confirmed...

The first 2 at least are a carry over, they've been wanting out for a while.

Karnezis a second rounder and the other 3 were first round picks yet Voss continues to play Martin, Sam Michael, Moloney and a whole other bunch of limited guys like Bewick. Even Zorko doesn't get enough midfield time, Voss has plan A - win like the Lions premiership team and has his best 22 and that's about it. They're all not from Brisbane as well so once you [censored] them off they all want to go home.

Once they get a new coach I think they'll be a chance to keep some of those guys. But Karnezis I think will go and Polec. Longer will draw decent interest as well, he won't want to be stuck behind Leueny and every club always needs a ruckman.

word is that the players even thought sam Docherty,would be a walk up start this year

maybe he expected more of a run

Edited by jazza

word is that the players even thought sam Docherty,would be a walk up start this year

maybe he expected more of a run

I don't think anyone knows what Voss is going to do with his line-ups.

It's hilarious watching people try to anticipate it on dreamteam/supercoach forums.

I'd imagine the way LMatthews has gone flying into them up there, that the wheels are falling off behind the scenes. I reading it that Matthews is desperate to get that ship on an even keel again.

I reckon he'll pull on the leaders jumper again, for a year or so, like Roos... to straighten up the listing goodship Lions.

and did I hear that Tom Rockliff told the club, "its Voss or me"

he'd be handy.

Differing opinion is fine, but why?

Yes, his recruiting decisions were very poor, but his coaching seemed good - he did well with a very average list that was hampered by constant injuries. Only real problem i had with his coaching was that he insisited on playing Tom Rockliff forward, when he was clearly a top-flight midfielder. I'm sure he'd learn plenty under PR

Sorry. I probably should have stipulated why.

He seems ridiculously arrogant and to be honest not that insightful. I would point to his time in the media. Let me put this to you too. If Voss had gotten the senior coaching gig for 2014, would you be happy? I'd be shattered. I will trust Roos' decision making, but I don't think he'll go near Voss for the senior assistant role.

Listening to Schwarz yesterday afternoon (not the greatest source, I admit) he said that he has info that we will bring in multiple assistants without annointing any single one as the successor.

Then they all get a chance to be the one that pushes his name forward as the most deserving, and the others get quality personal development in the process, and boosting their own profile and CV.

That will keep the fire in the belly of all assistants and prevent the media from repeatedly asking questions of just the one coach, ignoring the others.

• Like 1