Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

On CH9, Gary Lyon has stated that if it is proven that the Mexican sourced substance was administered to the 34 players, as stated in the charges document, and if he was a current Essendon player, he would walk out and encourage his team mates to do the same.

This would be the right response from a player. I expect that the Essendon players will be considering their health, at the moment. Morale would be so low. Hird must be losing the dressing room - why would you listen to him, when he is so self-centred?

The train wreck is happening. This will make Melbourne look like we had a good year.

Not in my eyes GD.

We had a shocker not matter how I look at it.

Can't wait till the finger pointing starts to turn from external (ASADA told us this, the AFL has an agenda ect) to internal (the Amigos)... surely they are starting to run out of people to blame apart from themselves

• Like 1

The Bombers have learnt LITTLE ive HIRD

they seem keen to give the Demetrious the bird

whether its James or Mark

the reality is stark

Oh 14 is looking quite blurred !!

predictably, the level of self-delusion at windy pill is just staggering and continuing

just where has there advice been coming from? little is like an arsonist throwing accelerant on the fire, while the golden boy continues to play his fiddle

it can only get worse for essendrug from here on in

• Like 1

Why do Essendon continue to give press conferences in front of that sign that says "whatever it takes"

Have they totally lost the plot?

Sorry stupid question.

• Like 1

Why do Essendon continue to give press conferences in front of that sign that says "whatever it takes"

Sorry stupid question.

thats a question ? :rolleyes:

Sorry stupid question.

want the hat ?

predictably, the level of self-delusion at windy pill is just staggering and continuing

just where has there advice been coming from? little is like an arsonist throwing accelerant on the fire, while the golden boy continues to play his fiddle

it can only get worse for essendrug from here on in

I keep wondering would this have happened if Evans was still the President?
  • Like 1

Interesting mention on the show of rumoured suggested penalty by agreement was $2.5m fine, loss of two years draft picks, didn't specify which ones and 12 month suspension for Hird. Bombers and Hird knocked it back.

I think that is pretty light, considering it is the worst scandal in the history of the game.

They must now be looking at more, when they go down.

I think that sounds like getting off lightly given what I read this afternoon.

I think life bans for all involved is more appropriate plus further deregistration and possible criminal charges for some of the key parties.

I'm not sure which part Essendon wants to fight, I can't see how they could possibly get of a "bringing the game into disrepute" charge if they claim they don't know what they injected players with.

Edited by deanox

and a little more rope !!!

did I say little ....aaarghghhh !!!!! :):):)

I keep wondering would this have happened if Evans was still the President?

he saw the train coming

You know what horrifies me?

The fact that during 2012 when a lot of this was going on in Hird's world, he was also coaching an under 9 junior football team in a competition in which I'm a life member. Now, I'm not suggesting that the activities in which he was allegedly involved at Essendon were reproduced at that level but the thought that this person was in a position to work with kids absolutely appalls and sickens me. What would they be thinking now?

I heard on ch 9 tonight there is a meeting tomorrow of the AFL and presidents from all clubs including Little.

Love to be a fly on that wall.

This is all way more interesting than the games now.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 3

and a little more rope !!!

did I say little ....aaarghghhh !!!!! :):):)

For a second there I thought you said a little more dope

I heard on ch 9 tonight there is a meeting tomorrow of the AFL and presidents from all clubs including Little.

Would be funny to see Koshie trying to be the center of attention in all of this

What Im thinking is this goes way beyond a simple transgression of a sporting rule I seriously wonder if there are legal consequences . Does this go to intentional harm ?

anything is more interesting than ours !!!

• Like 1

For a second there I thought you said a little more dope

^_^

For those thinking that Melbourne FC should have fought City Hall tooth and nail over the tanking saga I hope you are watching carefully. You can't win.

The Bomber fans are full of bravado according to bomber blitz but they are going to see the biggest smashing in the history of the AFL.

(oh yeah....)

• Like 2

Logic suggests right or wrong that the AFL cant lose

Its not even about the AFL.. its about things much bigger.

I always thought Messendon arrogant......but f'n stupid !!! thats an escalation.

They cant win, they just dont know it. Hilarious