Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Things could be about to get very interesting. If as said WADA wait til eos to issue notices then everyone should be heads up before trade week etc..

I wonder how it goes re salary cap. Do suspended players , who are still being paid , appear on the for purposes of cap ??

yes they do,all monies counted in salary cap

also interesting to see how many have signed up

this could be the players only chance ,as soon as the news breaks nobody else will deal with them so they have to sign with bombers

either way its a win for us

Edited by jazza

I wonder how it goes re salary cap. Do suspended players , who are still being paid , appear on the for purposes of cap ??

Yes. As I recall when Cousins was suspended his salary was included in the WCE salary cap.

It will depend if and to what extent EFC players are suspended. The very worst case would be nearly the whole list is in trouble. Realistically it's likely to be less than that. According to News is 6 to 7 players

If its 6 or 7 players then I would expect EFC to wear the pain.

Interesting in a manner why it would only be 6 or 7 ?

as ive maintained I wouldnt be going near any of them.... poisoned chalice and all.

Edited by Belzebubsy

I've never regarded the ashen faced allegation as having come from the AFL. For someone to claim with any semblance of credibility how Schwab looked as he was leaving his seat at the end of the game that person had to be someone who sat in the same area as the club officials. The same (i.e someone close to the club) can be said about some of the other stories that abounded at the time such as the ones that came out of the Swans game in Canberra.

The most incredible aspect of the media's reaction to today's news came IMO from Gerrard Whateley whose lack of understanding of the status of AOD9604 is becoming monumental.

I agree about Whateley. For such a well credentialed journalist, and one of the best, he has got the Essendon thing totally wrong. It is not helped by having that [censored] Robinson beside him on 360, who is just so biased and I suspect his lack of breaking real stories on the Essendon situation (unlike Wilson and Smith) could lead to Robinson being dismissed by the Herald Sun. He is a complete light weight, and Whateley is clearly very uncomfortable about much of his behavior.

Whateley though needs to get his understanding to the point of the rest of the sophistication of his commentary. As it stands now, he is starting to erode his credibility.

Players get 6 months... From the end of the season? Back for round 1?

They won't get 6 months. That only applies if they cooperate and there are special circumstances.there are none here, in fact Essendon has resisted ASADA every step of the way. They will throw the book at them, a d they will all go for at least two years. The current proposals in front of WADA call for 4 year bans, retrospectively. ASADA had better hurry up..

• Like 1

Players get 6 months... From the end of the season? Back for round 1?

Don't quote me but i heard it must be served during the competition. Where is six months coming from, for me guilty = 2 years on the sidelines. Hird is a Grub.

Edited by Al's Demons

They won't get 6 months. That only applies if they cooperate and there are special circumstances.there are none here, in fact Essendon has resisted ASADA every step of the way. They will throw the book at them, a d they will all go for at least two years. The current proposals in front of WADA call for 4 year bans, retrospectively. ASADA had better hurry up..

Don't quote me but u heard it must be served during the competition. Where is six months coming from, for me guilty = 2 years on the sidelines. Hird is a Grub.

Just a hypothetical, I know it all flows back to ASADA and WADA but knowing the AFL they will be trying to work something behind the scenes ala MFC tanking, Dons penalties, Doc Reid getting off. I assume the AFL and Dons have no chance of reducing but who knows...

• Like 1

Just a hypothetical, I know it all flows back to ASADA and WADA but knowing the AFL they will be trying to work something behind the scenes ala MFC tanking, Dons penalties, Doc Reid getting off. I assume the AFL and Dons have no chance of reducing but who knows...

Don't think they can mate, WADA didn't blink stripping Armstrong of his medals. Names mean nothing, the integrity of all sports is paramount.

Noticed in Robbo's article today he used the term "selective punishment", too bad he didn't think of that when discussing the tanking investigation

• Like 1

Bring it on. I knew this whole saga was only just begining.

Hird already signs a contract after 12 months...Hahaha Essendrug that is just funny.

When will Jab Watson lose his Medal for being the "Fairest" player of 2012?

& i wonder if the ASADA/WADA investigation will clear Doc Reid of all responsibilities??

Time for a changing of the Guards at both AFL Board Level & the Commission i believe.

How could they? They haven't commenced the investigations yet.

Good God OD. You should care.

It goes beyond players performances and concerns their health, welfare and livelihood.

And the fact the officials may or may not be at MFC is irrelevant. They should be duly punished for their failure of a basic duty of care.

I was meaning I am past caring if any get rubbed out RR.

Yes I do care about their health etc. it is a pitiful situation.

Messendon still in denial.

The higher you fly.... the further to fall !!!

Mark Robinson @ Robbo needs to take a long hard look in the mirror on this Messendon drama. Either he removes himself from Fox Footy and all other media or he starts becoming unbiased and objective on this issue.

The football public have been totally dudded by the AFL and all others complicit in this saga, and the only way the truth will ever be known is for a Judicial enquiry to be held.

As for Messendon, they continue to puff their collective chests out as if they have been hard done by!

AFL in this town is looking very shabby under ADs leadership throughout this crisis, and its time for some truth and transparency ...is that too much to ask for?

I agree about Whateley. For such a well credentialed journalist, and one of the best, he has got the Essendon thing totally wrong. It is not helped by having that [censored] Robinson beside him on 360, who is just so biased and I suspect his lack of breaking real stories on the Essendon situation (unlike Wilson and Smith) could lead to Robinson being dismissed by the Herald Sun. He is a complete light weight, and Whateley is clearly very uncomfortable about much of his behavior.

Whateley though needs to get his understanding to the point of the rest of the sophistication of his commentary. As it stands now, he is starting to erode his credibility.

Problem for Whateley - he backed himself into a corner too early in the saga & he is incapable of admitting he can be wrong.

• Like 1

I was meaning I am past caring if any get rubbed out RR.

Yes I do care about their health etc. it is a pitiful situation.

From the narrow view of performance, Trengove is still best 22 and is co captain.

Psychologically the damage to the spirit of the group would be significant. And this is a battered group that does not need any further hits.

Glad you past caring what happens next year. That's a pitiful situation.

Mark Robinson @ Robbo needs to take a long hard look in the mirror on this Messendon drama. Either he removes himself from Fox Footy and all other media or he starts becoming unbiased and objective on this issue.

The football public have been totally dudded by the AFL and all others complicit in this saga, and the only way the truth will ever be known is for a Judicial enquiry to be held.

As for Messendon, they continue to puff their collective chests out as if they have been hard done by!

AFL in this town is looking very shabby under ADs leadership throughout this crisis, and its time for some truth and transparency ...is that too much to ask for?

FWIW Robbo in the sun has been saying that the football public has been dudded by the AFL and others through this crisis........

And I doubt the AFL will look any better under McLachlan either dealing with similar crises.

Problem for Whateley - he backed himself into a corner too early in the saga & he is incapable of admitting he can be wrong.

He's invested too much in this, but he does need to back off. I thought it was a bit premature last night when they said the Essendon saga was over, it couldn't be at least until the final report comes down.

What didn't he understand about interim.

From the narrow view of performance, Trengove is still best 22 and is co captain.

Psychologically the damage to the spirit of the group would be significant. And this is a battered group that does not need any further hits.

Glad you past caring what happens next year. That's a pitiful situation.

Glad to see the order in the universe is restored RR

We don't agree again.

You mean they could get worse?

• Like 1

He's invested too much in this, but he does need to back off. I thought it was a bit premature last night when they said the Essendon saga was over, it couldn't be at least until the final report comes down.

What didn't he understand about interim.

I think it's premature to dismiss his position either.

At this stage we are not sure that the final report will result in any infractions.