Port Adelaide

rufus

Did anyone here the interview with David Koch on SEN this morning in regards to Port Adelaide? Thought it was great and very relevant to our situation. Love him or hate him, he certainly seems to have provided some sound direction for the Port Adelaide Football Club.

What was most interesting I thought was him talking about getting marketing material together at the start of the season and working out a way of selling the club to supporters. He said he spoke to Ken Hinkley and said to him that about all he can think of to sell the club right now is that they will employ an attitude of 'We will never give up'. He wasn't interested in making big statements about winning because there were no guarantees that they had the ability to win a decent number of games. He said Ken Hinkley's response was simply that 'never give up' is the only way he has ever known when it comes to football.

A very simple and refreshing message that I think all would agree the playing group appear to have bought into. Let's hope we can find that kind of leadership before the start of next season and bring a simple but organised approach to how our team goes about it. I would absolutely love the MFC to live by the mantra of never giving up. I don't care if we have battlers on our list and struggle to win games if I feel the players are willing to sacrifice and fight for our club. I reckon I've seen us give up before games have even started this year, and in some other games we've probably made it to some point in the 1st quarter before our players raise the white flag. Wouldn't have thought it's a lot for supporters to ask that the players commit to 120 minutes of football ever week. I don't feel good about tonight as I can see us rolling over. Honestly the sooner this season is over and we can hopefully get some good leadership into the off field parts of our club (and clean out more of the dead wood who don't appear 100% committed on the field) the better!

• Like 1

Did anyone here the interview with David Koch on SEN this morning in regards to Port Adelaide? Thought it was great and very relevant to our situation. Love him or hate him, he certainly seems to have provided some sound direction for the Port Adelaide Football Club.

What was most interesting I thought was him talking about getting marketing material together at the start of the season and working out a way of selling the club to supporters. He said he spoke to Ken Hinkley and said to him that about all he can think of to sell the club right now is that they will employ an attitude of 'We will never give up'. He wasn't interested in making big statements about winning because there were no guarantees that they had the ability to win a decent number of games. He said Ken Hinkley's response was simply that 'never give up' is the only way he has ever known when it comes to football.

A very simple and refreshing message that I think all would agree the playing group appear to have bought into. Let's hope we can find that kind of leadership before the start of next season and bring a simple but organised approach to how our team goes about it. I would absolutely love the MFC to live by the mantra of never giving up. I don't care if we have battlers on our list and struggle to win games if I feel the players are willing to sacrifice and fight for our club. I reckon I've seen us give up before games have even started this year, and in some other games we've probably made it to some point in the 1st quarter before our players raise the white flag. Wouldn't have thought it's a lot for supporters to ask that the players commit to 120 minutes of football ever week. I don't feel good about tonight as I can see us rolling over. Honestly the sooner this season is over and we can hopefully get some good leadership into the off field parts of our club (and clean out more of the dead wood who don't appear 100% committed on the field) the better!

Ken Hinkley with 'we will never give up', Neeld with 'we will be the hardest team to play against'. You can see who handled that one better.

• Like 1

Sadly that mantra means nothing when it comes to this club, because it does give up, regularly, and sometimes very willingly.

That said, Port is a lesson in how quickly you can turn things around with the right people steering the ship and everyone on the same page. We absolutely must nail the coaching appointment(s).

Sadly that mantra means nothing when it comes to this club, because it does give up, regularly, and sometimes very willingly.

That said, Port is a lesson in how quickly you can turn things around with the right people steering the ship and everyone on the same page. We absolutely must nail the coaching appointment(s).

And with 3 or 4 quality mids. We have 1.

Ed: Port: Boak, Ebert, Cornes, Hartlett .....MFC: N Jones.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

And with 3 or 4 quality mids. We have 1.

Ed: Port: Boak, Ebert, Cornes, Hartlett .....MFC: N Jones.

It's amazing how Port has gone from the list no-one wanted a bar of, to a team on the rise with a star studded midfield, all in the space of one season.

• Like 1

Ken Hinkley with 'we will never give up', Neeld with 'we will be the hardest team to play against'. You can see who handled that one better.

Neeld's was clearly talking about the MFC Ladies team.

Otherwise his comments would make no logical sense at all.

I hate Koshie as much as I hate hearing Barry Hall commentate, slow people in the fast lane, Muse, Carlton, Collingwood, all Carlton and Collingwood supporters, Campbell Brown, people who don't have voice mail so you cant leave a message, people who don't indicate, dumb drivers full stop, the French, overly politically correct people, telemarketers, telemarketers, and that guy from Deal or No Deal and telemarketers.

I hate Koshie as much as I hate hearing Barry Hall commentate, slow people in the fast lane, Muse, Carlton, Collingwood, all Carlton and Collingwood supporters, Campbell Brown, people who don't have voice mail so you cant leave a message, people who don't indicate, dumb drivers full stop, the French, overly politically correct people, telemarketers, telemarketers, and that guy from Deal or No Deal and telemarketers.

LOL

But I think you missed a few.

Whats you stand on political parties, boat people. French Canadians, Religious Groups, Nuclear Weapons, the Media, the Queen, Aussie Rules Football as a non contact game, Toll Roads, Ages Care Facilities, Middle East, North Korea, Fuel Prices, Food Prices, the English, Over Paid Sportsman etc.

LOL

But I think you missed a few.

Whats you stand on political parties, boat people. French Canadians, Religious Groups, Nuclear Weapons, the Media, the Queen, Aussie Rules Football as a non contact game, Toll Roads, Ages Care Facilities, Middle East, North Korea, Fuel Prices, Food Prices, the English, Over Paid Sportsman etc.

And telemarketers.