Changes v North

stuie

Body strength amounts to nil if you don't get the ball.

Look at his statts they are poor at AFL level and he does not dominate at Casey either.

He is not AFL standard unfortunately.

Not at all. If you watched Luke play, either AFL or VFL, you would see he has a pretty strong over head mark, A big streight kick, and yeh hes a big strong body.

He hasnt had a pre season due to injury, give him a bigger engine with a pre season and im sure he will improve.

Id like to think he has the ability to be an in and under clearance mid.

Luke has had several good games for casey, kicked 4 goals in the last two weeks.

Dont count him out just yet,

In: Tappy and Taggert

Out: Toump and Garland

As per the dees website:

Rory Taggert: Rory was one player who was not overly impacted by the conditions and his effectiveness by foot was a real positive. He also backed himself more. He was a solid performer after a dominant display in the Development League game the week prior.

Luke Tapscott: Luke was typically combative and hit the packs hard all day. He laid six strong tackles, had 15 disposals and kicked two goals for the game.

For the love of god give Taggert a go under Craig and lets see what Tappy can do under a proper coach.

Thank you

• Like 1

I'm not a Casey watcher, but by the reports Taggert is a way off, and the fact that he played in the development league two weeks ago supports that. This is not the under 12s, you don't just give "give players a go". That go has to be earned.

If he is way off then the report on the dees site must clearly be wrong.

He was not overly impacted by the conditions

his effectiveness by foot was a real positive

He also backed himself more.

He was a solid performer

Yeah u r right we don't need a player like that in the team.

Please give me strength.

I'd like to see what players like Tapscott, Jetta, Strauss and other "fringe" players under Bailey and Neeld can do under a different coach. It's really hard to judge whether they just didn't have a chance to show their wares in poorly coached teams or whether they just aren't good enough. So, I'd like to see them before the end of the year. That being said, we need some like-for-like changes, so a replacement for Garland is needed (time to try Davis) and I think Kent has run out of steam (replace with Nicholson - I know he butchers the ball, but he's likely the only player on our list who can keep up with Boomer Harvey). If one of Fitzpatrick or Gawn need a rest because of injury or exhaustion, then Spencer should come in.

Can I just ask, what is it that you like about Strauss?

I can't see much at all that gets me excited or even begin to think that he'll make it. Sure he is a good kick but doesn't seem to have much else going for him and really struggles to find the ball. Even before the broken leg he wasn't getting enough of it to impress and he is a barely adequate shut-down defender. To me he is becoming a list clogger and will be gone when his contract is up.

I thought he played okay against GCS, managed to break the lines and I think he kicked a nice goal?

He's actually quite tall and pretty quick. He finds space. Either way, he's played okay at Casey and needs the last 3 or 4 games to see if there's any promise.

I thought he played okay against GCS, managed to break the lines and I think he kicked a nice goal?

He's actually quite tall and pretty quick. He finds space. Either way, he's played okay at Casey and needs the last 3 or 4 games to see if there's any promise.

"Okay"

jr surely you jest we give games now to players who are "okay"

He is a VFL player that is it.

OD, we've been giving games to players who have been less than 'okay.' - for years!

I think he shows something.

And there lies the problem

I hope you are right But I have yet to see much more than VFL level standard

Actually 185 cm is not tall at all, certainly not tall enough "to play tall" if that's your implication.

What is disappointing with Strauss is that on average he's found the ball 9 times in the games he's played this year.

Yeah I know he's been Sub but that's probably less than half of what a satisfactory output would be.

I would probably go:

Out: Garland (injury), Fitz (if injured), Toumpas, Kent

In: Sellar (to combat North's tall forwards), Strauss (to replace Garland's rebounding), Tapscott, Spencer

Four changes under Craig is probably unrealistic though

Edited by Demonof1994

Toumpas needs to be dropped, otherwise it sets a dangerous precedent that form like that is acceptable

And wasn't he just terrible the week before against Geelong.

20 touches, 7 tackles in the wet against an excellent team and for a terrible team.

Maybe a precedent will be set if you drop him.

He will probably make way, possibly for a rest, but don't tell me he 'needs' to be dropped.

And wasn't he just terrible the week before against Geelong.

20 touches, 7 tackles in the wet against an excellent team and for a terrible team.

Maybe a precedent will be set if you drop him.

He will probably make way, possibly for a rest, but don't tell me he 'needs' to be dropped.

For starters, he went at 40% that game, so of his 20 disposals, 8 hit the target.

And if you want to go back multiple weeks when determining 'form', his games against Sydney and the Dogs were quite ordinary too, as has been the norm for his debut season. Don't get me wrong, I want him to succeed, but in my opinion, his path to success needs to begin back at Casey, because getting two possessions at AFL level isn't going to do his development any good at all.

Anyone happy with Blease's game?

Lightning fast, wow factor, but.......

I think he should play, but doesn't get back defensively enough.

James Strauss must play. I really like him, time for the new coach to make a call on this fella.

have always liked his game

just think that lightning freaks should be given forward pocket roaming role and let loose

plenty of clubs have one of these players and put up with the good bad ,ordinary

its a risk area that's worth it,

• Like 1

For starters, he went at 40% that game, so of his 20 disposals, 8 hit the target.

And if you want to go back multiple weeks when determining 'form', his games against Sydney and the Dogs were quite ordinary too, as has been the norm for his debut season. Don't get me wrong, I want him to succeed, but in my opinion, his path to success needs to begin back at Casey, because getting two possessions at AFL level isn't going to do his development any good at all.

Stevie J went at 34% in the same game, I don't have a lot of faith in how that stat is made up.

Stevie J went at 34% in the same game, I don't have a lot of faith in how that stat is made up.

It was wet.

Need I remind posters the hard part is getting the footy? Especially in the wet.

Toumpas should have started at Casey. He should be better protected by more experienced older players we don't have.

He can get dropped, he can get rested, I just do not like the way he is being treated by Demons fans whose expectations are as misguided as their blame and their attention.

It was wet.

Need I remind posters the hard part is getting the footy? Especially in the wet.

Toumpas should have started at Casey. He should be better protected by more experienced older players we don't have.

He can get dropped, he can get rested, I just do not like the way he is being treated by Demons fans whose expectations are as misguided as their blame and their attention.

Granted, but the fact is that his game against Geelong has been blown a bit out of proportion. I was at the game, and he was not as influential as some seem to think, yes, he got the ball, but his kicks were neither accurate or big in terms of distance gained (which is most important in the wet). Yes, it was his best game to date, but it's not a game that should keep him in the side following an absolutely dismal outing.

Granted, but the fact is that his game against Geelong has been blown a bit out of proportion. I was at the game, and he was not as influential as some seem to think, yes, he got the ball, but his kicks were neither accurate or big in terms of distance gained (which is most important in the wet). Yes, it was his best game to date, but it's not a game that should keep him in the side following an absolutely dismal outing.

Fine, but you go up to him at the end of that game down at Mordor and tell him that.

And then you look around at what he has to look up to in those changerooms, at a team that could muster only 19 Inside 50s, where two Jones' had more touches than him, and then you might have a different thing to say to him.