WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Jr by their very nature someone who has not been to very near the top does not ooze respect and knowledge.

Who did you have in mind may I ask?

A team of young guns led by an Adam Simpson or a Gavin Brown.

These guys were hard, uncompromising, fair footballers that commanded respect both on and off the field.

Our players NEVER had faith in Neeld, (or respect) and I reckon this is the first thing they'll look at. Someone who's been there. Someone who can sell their vision.

Someone's who's sore from their footy and knows the contemporary style of play. The pressures, the ability to lead young men.

Oh, and Ron, I'm assuming you're directing your comment at me? At least have the decency to reply directly...but I digress. Williams is painful and prostituting himself all over the place. Every time the camera was on him against West Coast he was up off the bench, directing traffic. Juvenile contrivance.

This list (most of it) can be salvaged but only by someone who can instill pride.

The Swans have done it. No names become important workers.

That is exactly what we need.

We cannot go through another rebuild. It is an excuse.

This list (most of it) can be salvaged but only by someone who can instill pride.

Yes, pride and RESPECT. Our blokes will lift a cog if they sense someone understands their journey, their issues.

It's not about a rebuild.

Btw, 1/17. Root gone. Got an absolute jaffa from Rhino.

• Like 1

These guys were hard, uncompromising, fair footballers that commanded respect both on and off the field.

Our players NEVER had faith in Neeld, (or respect) and I reckon this is the first thing they'll look at. Someone who's been there. Someone who can sell their vision.

Someone's who's sore from their footy and knows the contemporary style of play. The pressures, the ability to lead young men.

Oh, and Ron, I'm assuming you're directing your comment at me? At least have the decency to reply directly...but I digress. Williams is painful and prostituting himself all over the place. Every time the camera was on him against West Coast he was up off the bench, directing traffic. Juvenile contrivance.

whatever youre smoking....put it down and step away !!! :unsure:

Columbian Gold, baby!

lol :)

JR

I understand the enthusiasm of you suggestion but Id like to temper it with the notion that theres no proven link of automatic ability for a decent assistant to morph into a better than fair senior coach. We've seen such an idea fail right before our eyes.

Simpson and Brown could well be decent blokes, better than good footballers etc etc. Its even possible they might one day be good coaches ( at senior level ) however I dont want to take that chance, not again, not now.

I want someone and indeed the team NEEDS someone who is proven.....I'll repeat PROVEN at this level at this job.

We need to cease being some sort of coaching incubator for aspirants.. We have a job vacancy to fill..Only experienced need apply.

Thats right isnt it PJ ?

• Like 1

I'm not sure Gavin has aspirations to be a senior coach and as has been said by many it looks like a senior coach this time. I'm hearing your arguments 'jumbo' so am leaning towards a transition plan if Roos or a Clarkson doesn't come on board. Simpson has appeal.

lol :)

JR

I understand the enthusiasm of you suggestion but Id like to temper it with the notion that theres no proven link of automatic ability for a decent assistant to morph into a better than fair senior coach. We've seen such an idea fail right before our eyes.

Simpson and Brown could well be decent blokes, better than good footballers etc etc. Its even possible they might one day be good coaches ( at senior level ) however I dont want to take that chance, not again, not now.

I want someone and indeed the team NEEDS someone who is proven.....I'll repeat PROVEN at this level at this job.

We need to cease being some sort of coaching incubator for aspirants.. We have a job vacancy to fill..Only experienced need apply.

Thats right isnt it PJ ?

The Club will go down that path, BB59, I'm 99 percent sure of that.

Having said that, I feel that some invigoration is needed - not past records. Hence, my proposal.

Like our recruiting, after ND was given the flick, Bailey and Neeld were just the wrong picks.

Edited by jumbo returns

JR I feel that very invigoration will be provided by such folk of similar ilk as you propose, but at the appropriate level of assistants.

Edited by belzebub59

This problem, of having no respect for or faith in the coach, is immediately removed by hiring Roos, Williams or Eade.

That alone is a strong enough reason to reject any notion of hiring an untried coach.

• Like 1

This problem, of having no respect for or faith in the coach, is immediately removed by hiring Roos, Williams or Eade.

That alone is a strong enough reason to reject any notion of hiring an untried coach.

Perhaps.

I've conceded, an experienced coach will get the gig, but outside Roos, the other names bandied about don't excite me at all.

That would be an absolute disaster and would mean our culture or method of selecting bloody assistant coaches who are unproven as No.1 Coaches is still alive and well .... and UNACCEPTABLE.. !! I sincerely hope it is just a rumour... I also heard this on today's Footy Show on Channel 9.... :mad:

ac130.jpg

Williams is painful and prostituting himself all over the place. Every time the camera was on him against West Coast he was up off the bench, directing traffic. Juvenile contrivance.

You have a unique take on things jumbo, I'll give you that much.

I assume you've discounted the possibility that Choco is a proactive type.

Nope, all for the cameras.

:)

• Like 1

I'd rather Eade if we are to go down that path.

You may get your wish as this morning's 3AW Rumour File predicted that the announcement of Eade was imminent! (Monday 12 August 2013 refers)

You may get your wish as this morning's 3AW Rumour File predicted that the announcement of Eade was imminent! (Monday 12 August 2013 refers)

No it's not, we can't announce him as he is still contracted at Collingwood and they declared that he would have to fulfill his contract before meeting with us.

I would love Eade.

He still has the burning passion to be a senior coach, has plenty of years left in him and his teams play an exciting brand of attacking footy.