WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Two things:

1. It will be nice for the new 'messiah' to actually be the one in charge of the football department (unlike Hogan, Watts, Stynes, etc)

2. Cost will be exorbitant but last time we paid peanuts and got a monkey.

Feel sorry for Brent. He was treated like dirt by Neeld - one of many, many players that hated his guts.

yeah i shouldn't laugh as id love if if Mooney was still at the MFC

its just more the situation, how hes in Brisbane now and Roos rejected them

Feel sorry for Brent. He was treated like dirt by Neeld - one of many, many players that hated his guts.

He could always ask for a clearance back to us, if he wanted to return and if he was wanted in return.

I would think the Lions wouldn't be that difficult about it.

Well hopefully the leadership group has swayed him.

I hope he makes the decision to coach us because he really wants to and it isnt because the money is to much to knock back. But Ross Lyon said that Roos is a man who takes awhile to think about things and go through everything. I think he could teach our young players so much.

Our favourite journo mr venom wrote this this morning. It would be nice if its true.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-close-to-signing-2m-deal-to-coach-melbourne-demons/story-fnca0u4y-1226708022794

Well hopefully the leadership group has swayed him.

I hope he makes the decision to coach us because he really wants to and it isnt because the money is to much to knock back. But Ross Lyon said that Roos is a man who takes awhile to think about things and go through everything. I think he could teach our young players so much.

Our favourite journo mr venom wrote this this morning. It would be nice if its true.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/afl/paul-roos-close-to-signing-2m-deal-to-coach-melbourne-demons/story-fnca0u4y-1226708022794

It says he met with Melbourne leadership, but I took that as meaning he met with Glen Bartlett, PJ and the board.

Not the leadership group (players).

I have to wonder how many wod get on board as members next year if we pulled this off. Surely many of those who have been on the fence would get on board, if we get an extra 2000-3000 members that would essentially cover his extra $$$$.

I have to wonder how many wod get on board as members next year if we pulled this off. Surely many of those who have been on the fence would get on board, if we get an extra 2000-3000 members that would essentially cover his extra $$$$.

I think it could easily be the difference between us getting say 28,000 members next year (with Craig)

and 35-38,000 members (with Roos).

Not to mention sponsors - and future membership numbers (depending on results)

I still wonder if Mike Sheehan will join the board. Part Time position.

Could be good for both parties.

Because he's such an expert in corporate governance?

His legal, financial and managerial skills would be invaluable to the club?

Beyond having the ability to maybe manipulate some of the media in affairs concerning the club (and tarnishing his rep in the process), which I very much doubt he'd do, I'm not sure what he'd bring to the board.

Maybe a big name, but we don't need that. Roos provides that.

We need solid governance.

• Like 1

It says he met with Melbourne leadership, but I took that as meaning he met with Glen Bartlett, PJ and the board.

Not the leadership group (players).

Well the Herald Sun said:

"The leadership group also met with Roos this week, believed to be on Tuesday at a private location.

That meeting was said to have been extremely positive, with the likes of out-of-contract players Jack Watts and Colin Sylvia at shortening odds to stay if he is signed.

Included in that leadership group are Jack Grimes, Jack Trengove, Chris Dawes, Nathan Jones, James Frawley, Colin Garland, Shannon Byrnes and Jordie McKenzie."

I know it's been alluded to already but fair dinkum, if Roos now back-pedals on these comments or even worse signs with another club, I will despise him for the rest of eternity.

• Like 1

Because he's such an expert in corporate governance?

His legal, financial and managerial skills would be invaluable to the club?

Beyond having the ability to maybe manipulate some of the media in affairs concerning the club (and tarnishing his rep in the process), which I very much doubt he'd do, I'm not sure what he'd bring to the board.

Maybe a big name, but we don't need that. Roos provides that.

We need solid governance.

You are not taking into account 2 things. His standing in the game and his network of contacts.

As 1 member of a board they can be very useful.

Other board members bring other qualities.

You are not taking into account 2 things. His standing in the game and his network of contacts.

As 1 member of a board they can be very useful.

Other board members bring other qualities.

Maybe.

I'm not certain he needs to be on the board to make use of these things for the club's gain.

See: imminent Paul Roos acquisition.

• Like 2

He could always ask for a clearance back to us, if he wanted to return and if he was wanted in return.

I would think the Lions wouldn't be that difficult about it.

How would the Swans feel about Jarrad Rivers returning? For a price we could part with Gillies as a sweetner [particularly as he has been a multiple goal-kicker for Casey the last few weeks]!

Maybe.

I'm not certain he needs to be on the board to make use of these things for the club's gain.

See: imminent Paul Roos acquisition.

Sure. But we do have at least 3 vacancies. We need high profile people involved, who know the game.

Make the club relevant on multiple levels.

• Like 1

On the contrary.

We'd be better off with low-profile competent people who just get the job done, setting the footy dept up to succeed.

Profile is largely irrelevant.

Do you know much about Colin Carter? Any others on the Geelong board?

What about Sydney's board members beside Colless?

They just get the job done with a minimum of fuss.

• Like 2

How would the Swans feel about Jarrad Rivers returning? For a price we could part with Gillies as a sweetner [particularly as he has been a multiple goal-kicker for Casey the last few weeks]!

Doubt the Swans would care. Cats might.

But we let Rivers go because his knees were shot.

What would the point be of getting him back for maybe a year tops as KPD depth?

He is widely known to not be much of a leader.