• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

[Statistic] Since 186...

Striker475

I was unlucky enough to be at Kardinia Park that day and whatever was the catalyst that drove such a performance still exists. Rather than drive the conspiracy theory bus I suspects its a combination of:

1/ Player dissatisfaction with the Senior Management Team (Schwab & co)

2/ Loss of senior players who had some leadership qualities ( Green, McDonald, Bruce, Rivers, Moloney etc)

3/ This led to an even further erosion of culture and development of our young squad.

4/ Neelds inability to read the situation and his heavy handed approach led to further disenchantment. (no connect with the playing group).

5/ A Board that has been without strong leadership since Jimmy's death and made poor decisions (Tanking fiasco, Schwabs re-appointment, dealing with Dank issues)

6/ A desperate recruiting play to instill old heads into the group which has failed( Byrnes, Rodan, Pederson, Gillies etc)

I have been to 3 games since 186 and refuse to keep going as it is not fun. But I am still a 20 year member with a severly disenchanted 12 year old son (11 year member) living in Geelong.

I have been in denial about comments from (Wilson, Denham etc).

However they are correct and I hope to god that Peter Jackson can rectify this, otherwise it is all over, if ihasn't already happened.

• Like 2

Im not sure whether Spencer will be our next anything apart from a back up ruckman and Napolean Dynamite look-a-like

I hope he is our next delisting because he is the definition of a list clogger. Great VFL player and not a whole lot else. Keeping players like Spence on the list is why we are so bad... no offence to him, I'm sure he's a lovely bloke.

6 years since we have won at Etihad. Not 1 win there with the present admin!!

Cripes other teams win there weekly.

P.S. How good was Reiwolt last night!!

Hope Jack Watts gave it a look..

Nick is in career-best, amazing considering his career too.

I would like someone to do a ladder if it was 1 big season from 186 to now, and excluding the franchise teams.

Without knowing the stats, and going by the OPs figures, it would suggest we have won 1 game in the last 22 months.

1 game in the last 29 games billy.

Quite an achievement.

2 Vic teams we've beaten since the end of 2007. Richmond and Essendon

4 Vic teams we've beaten since the end of 2006. Richmond, Essendon, Carlton and Footscray.

6 Vic teams we have not beaten since 2006.

we did have a draw against the filth

• Like 1

WYL has been banging on about the aftermarth of 186 for nearly two years now.

I must admit sometimes I have thought he was pushing the envelop.

He has been canned constantly by quite a few on Demonland

But surprise surprise he may be on the money.

IMO that game was the turning point and it has been all down hill from midway through 2011

Those issues and their fallout have never been truly addressed.

In Early 2011 JS's health took a turn for the worst and again IMO we have drifted ever since.

I pray the new CEO that we should have had back in 2011 will now get our club back on track.

But is going to take considerable help from the AFL, embarrassing but I can live with it.

the fact that the game was never spoken about by the people in charge was a grave mistake.

It was political on & off the field. The fact the coach was sacked but the CEO was reinstated makes me angry. The root cause continued to do the same job.

Jackson made it public yesterday. No wonder the players do not give everything.

It should have all come out. If not on the monday later that year.

For Bailey to be left sitting alone with no support or MFC Logos was a disgrace to me.

And many of those faceless people are still there.

We are where we are.

Jackson is a very important person to our club right now.

Geezzz. That really puts it all in perspective. I think I, and others, may have just been lulled into feeling it has been "a bit of a slump" but it is truly awful. Worse than the 1970s and early80s. A disaster.

Please help us save ourselves Peter Jackson.

Wow that's pretty damning.

How long has it been since we beat a Victorian side other than Richmond or Essendon?

Rd22, 2007. Carlton. Kreuzer Cup.

Round 19, 2007.

42 point win over the Dogs who, at the time, were pressing for finals.

Cost us NN?

As has been pointed out, that "win" against Carltank was not a win in any way, not on the field or more importantly off it.

And the win against the Dogs was the ultimate "antitank". Should have lost it, easily, given comparative form at the time, but blew it badly.

Shameful record. No wonder we cannot draw any sort of crowd at that soulless stadium......we just not win there, even back in the days when we were "competitive".

PS. mind you, given our record, it would be interesting to see how NN and or Kruzer would have "developed" at MFC.

Want something to chew over, try this.

2011 Round 7 Vs Adelaide. MFC won x 90pts

Players that played that day and are still on the list are as follows

Bail Davey Dunne Frawley Garland Grimes Jamar Jones Sylvia Tapscott Trengove Watts

Departed from this game are....

Bartram Bate Green Gysberts Jurrah Maric Moloney Petterd Warnock Wonaemirri

MFC had 90 less games played as opposed to Adelaide the ave age of both teams were that close it isnt worth considering.

Now select the players that have departed and I roughly get 3 worthwhile, the others were spinning their wheels.

Add the players we have gained since this round. Dont forget to factor in where were are today compared to Adelaide

And add in we had a 15 goal win.

Then workout how we get beaten by 10 goals by Gold Coast.

I cant, If you can call Peter Jackson. MFC
  • Like 2

Bail Davey Dunne Frawley Garland Grimes Jamar Jones Sylvia Tapscott Trengove Watts
MFC had 90 less games played as opposed to Adelaide the ave age of both teams were that close it isnt worth considering.
Now select the players that have departed and I roughly get 3 worthwhile, the others were spinning their wheels.
Add the players we have gained since this round. Dont forget to factor in where were are today compared to Adelaide

yep, its staggering to think that the same core of a team can play so poorly in comparison, and im talking from then to where they are now, but lets not forget it was a week to week proposition back then too.

I think its a case of self fulfilling prophecy. They have heard that they arent good enough enough times and they are now playing like it.

Also worth noting that Jurrah, Wonnamirri, Petterd, Green were all multiple goal kickers on that day. All no longer on the list. Probably Petterd is the only name that could be put down to Neeld.

The players do not rate the jumper worth fighting for because of the visible tanking that was promoted as a template.

Players were sacrificed & the coach of the day hung out to dry.

The author of the club document was reinstated....twice.

Result. A broken club.

That is my take.

• Like 1

When was the last time we beat North? Did Hawkey give everyone a day off?

When we won the second half by 70 and Neitz kicked 8(?). Round 20, 2006?