• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Responsibility

Whispering_Jack

OH hello you again, thought I was on your ignore list as well, I didn't say that was a fact, I was surmising, you the pedantics sheriff then, same don't read it,...........told you before don't read some posters posts myself......back on the thread, like to discuss anything else I wrote.....no, really........

You really do have absolutely no insight. Where have I ever written I was going to put you on my ignore list, especially as I don't have one. You do an awful lot of surmising for someone who deals in facts.

Demetriou refused to disclose which Melbourne officials the AFL had asked about any involvement with Dank.

"We asked the specific question that the media had asked: 'Was Stephen Dank approached or did Stephen Dank approach Melbourne or was there discussion around employment at the Melbourne Football Club?

"We got the same answer the public got.

This is from the 3AW interview this morning with AD. From the horse's mouth.

A specific question was asked and answered. We told the AFL that Dank approached the MFC and he wanted employment and was not given employment.

Where is the LIE?

It is reasonable to assume if a body wants more answers they will ask more questions.

I can think of a pretty simple one " did Dank have any involvement whatsoever with the MFC or its players or officials?"

Demetriou refused to disclose which Melbourne officials the AFL had asked about any involvement with Dank.

"We asked the specific question that the media had asked: 'Was Stephen Dank approached or did Stephen Dank approach Melbourne or was there discussion around employment at the Melbourne Football Club?

A specific question was asked and answered. We told the AFL that Dank approached the MFC and he wanted employment and was not given employment.

Where is the LIE?

It is reasonable to assume if a body wants more answers they will ask more questions.

I can think of a pretty simple one " did Dank have any involvement whatsoever with the MFC or its players or officials?"

And I think you're splitting hairs. There may be no lie, but there is communication that is misleading and a clear lack of full disclosure. Whilst the question may have been flawed, the method of engagement of Danks is not what the AFL was concerned about. It is poor media management, and poorer stakeholder management. I don't think that is disputable.

• Like 2

Where is the LIE?

Way too cute Redleg. This isn't a court. AD has also said that he would have expected Melbourne to detail any and all contact or connection MFC had with Dank. Not unreasonable. Not a time for the club to be playing funny buggers and silly semantics i would have thought and the fact they chose that route is an indictment.

I watched that interview and i suspect from his resposne to the question as to whether the offical they had the discussion with was still at the club that it was CS

Edited by binman

You really do have absolutely no insight. Where have I ever written I was going to put you on my ignore list, especially as I don't have one. You do an awful lot of surmising for someone who deals in facts.

I was hoping.......go on I don't mind.........I only surmise about some of the posters on here.......they wouldn't know a fact if it came up and bit them......read my post on the Dank thread

Way too cute Redleg. This isn't a court. AD has also said that he would have expected Melbourne to detail any and all contact or connection MFC had with Dank. Not unreasonable. Not a time for the club to be playing funny buggers and silly semantics i would have thought and the fact they chose that route is an indictment.

I watched that interview and i suspect from his resposne to the question as to whether the offical they had the discussion with was still at the club that it was CS

Exactly.

"If there was an association, regardless of whether there has been an employment agreement, I think that would have been relevant to our briefings.''

"This issue of ethics and trust in our code ... is something that you can't play ping-pong with,''

"If anybody hasn't got the message that they must be absolutely truthful ... then there will be consequences.''

-Vlad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/afl-demands-melbourne-to-tell-truth-on-new-stephen-dank-claims/story-e6frf9mf-1226623810469

Was this a case of Dr. Bates running his own agenda....Knowing that all the supplememnts used were not illegal at that point.

This would not excuse the Board completely, but i still cannot reason why The Board would mislead the AFL.

They knew how serious this investigation was....we all saw and heard the press conferences.

Once the dust settles. it is either Dr. Bates or the Board who must leave.

Somebody lied (again) and this is just about my tipping point as was discussed last year.

7 years of going backwards is not good for anyones health or self esteem.

And now our coach says we are level with GW$...A True Cop Out

3 years ago we were neck & Neck with Tiges & Kangas...

Ever since Jimma was diagnosed with Cancer...This club has just made the wrong decisions. We could have got stronger, but that takes effort

I was hoping.......go on I don't mind.........I only surmise about some of the posters on here.......they wouldn't know a fact if it came up and bit them......read my post on the Dank thread

Hoping from a man who deals in facts. I have read your post on the Dank thread and I was so blown away by your logic that I had nothing to add. That is not a fact, just so you don't have to surmise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squealer_(Animal_Farm)

A lot of the blokes on here who keep saying 'We've done nothing wrong! Move along!' remind me of this character. They however lack his power over words.

Fair dinkum... This club is f***ed. I can't tell you how angry I have been over the last two years at how this club has been managed. CEO's, coaches and football managers bickering with each other like private school girls, getting an irresponsible cowboy with little social intelligence as our major sponsor and then dumping him 3 rounds into the season, two losses above 20 goals and others well above 100 points, a number one draft pick leaving due to the amateurish culture among the playing group, senior players leaving via free agency due to the toxic environment around the club, claiming we were going to fight the tanking investigation and then rolling over, tanking itself and now misleading members and the AFL over having contacted with Stephen Dank. I just rattled that off in the last 3 minutes without stopping to think once. I don't like insulting members of this forum and I might get a warning for this but those people who don't think we are an absolute disgrace of a club, pull your head out of your arse!! Think what we would be saying if it were Richmond of the late 80's/early 90's or Carlton of the early 2000's. You would be the first to say the club was being run by hacks and the first to laugh at them. BAD NEWS GUYS! It isn't them. It's us and something needs to be done. I'm not in the WYL camp and I don't think we need to blow the club up RIGHT DAMN NOW but the clean out needs to continue. Through all areas of the club. I'm disgusted with my team as we speak. I have never been ashamed to be a Melbourne Football Club supporter but I'll tell you what, I AM NOW! Don't you dare tell me 'You are weak as pizz. Some bad things happen and you get ready to bail/lay the boots in/whatever stupid cliche comes to mind'. If this were the Bulldogs or North, they would have sent in administrators already to begin seeing what could be retrieved. For some reason, we hold on because of our name. As far as I'm concerned that's sentimental BS. Anyone with a pragmatic bone in their body and a tuppenceworth of brains would see we don't deserve to stay in the league based on that.

I can't tell you how furious about this I am. I, like many others, bought my membership because I was inspired by Jimmy and his ability to clear our debt. This is being pizzed away by a pack of buffoons who make the Three Stooges look like a gathering of MENSA members. THAT'S WHAT MAKES ME ANGRIEST OF ALL. How dare you ruin the work of a bloke who loved the club and paid for that love with his health and his physical wellbeing?!!

Get bloody serious or f*** off. The lot of you.

Edited by Guest

Hoping from a man who deals in facts. I have read your post on the Dank thread and I was so blown away by your logic that I had nothing to add. That is not a fact, just so you don't have to surmise.

If you read the Dank thread surely you must be worrying because the "sky is falling" posters are starting to wither, they realise that perhaps yet again they are being led by the nose by journalists with an agenda

Defying logic in what way?

Not listening to rumour,,,,,,,guilty your honour......sorry........I always have my [censored] detector on high

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squealer_(Animal_Farm)

A lot of the blokes on here who keep saying 'We've done nothing wrong! Move along!' remind me of this character. They however lack his power over words.

Fair dinkum... This club is f***ed. I can't tell you how angry I have been over the last two years at how this club has been managed. CEO's, coaches and football managers bickering with each other like private school girls, getting an irresponsible cowboy with little social intelligence as our major sponsor and then dumping him 3 rounds into the season, two losses above 20 goals and others well above 100 points, a number one draft pick leaving due to the amateurish culture among the playing group, senior players leaving via free agency due to the toxic environment around the club, claiming we were going to fight the tanking investigation and then rolling over, tanking itself and now misleading members and the AFL over having contacted with Stephen Dank. I just rattled that off in the last 3 minutes without stopping to think once. I don't like insulting members of this forum and I might get a warning for this but those people who don't think we are an absolute disgrace of a club, pull your head out of your arse!! Think what we would be saying if it were Richmond of the late 80's/early 90's or Carlton of the early 2000's. You would be the first to say the club was being run by hacks and the first to laugh at them. BAD NEWS GUYS! It isn't them. It's us and something needs to be done. I'm not in the WYL camp and I don't think we need to blow the club up RIGHT DAMN NOW but the clean out needs to continue. Through all areas of the club. I'm disgusted with my team as we speak. I have never been ashamed to be a Melbourne Football Club supporter but I'll tell you what, I AM NOW! Don't you dare tell me 'You are weak as pizz. Some bad things happen and you get ready to bail/lay the boots in/whatever stupid cliche comes to mind'. If this were the Bulldogs or North, they would have sent in administrators already to begin seeing what could be retrieved. For some reason, we hold on because of our name. As far as I'm concerned that's sentimental BS. Anyone with a pragmatic bone in their body and a tuppenceworth of brains would see we don't deserve to say in the league based on that.

I can't tell you how furious about this I am. I, like many others, bought my membership because I was inspired by Jimmy and his ability to clear our debt. This is being pizzed away by a pack of buffoons who make the Three Stooges look like a gathering of MENSA members. THAT'S WHAT MAKES ME ANGRIEST OF ALL. How dare you ruin the work of a bloke who loved the club and paid for that love with his health and his physical wellbeing?!!

Get bloody serious or f*** off. The lot of you.

Can you put a few paragraphs in......my eyes lost interest about four lines in...but it's only the same tired old lines anyway.........and using Jim Stynes as an emotive weapon......that is pathetic.......the many topics you rambled over have been done to death on here............you ready to step up.....what positiion would you like...CEO, Board Member, President........you must think you can do a better job....let us know your name and when I go into the Club on Monday I'll let them know you are ready to step into the Buffoonless breach once they have been gotten rid off.....

Edited by Satyriconhome

Can you put a few paragraphs in......my eyes lost interest about four lines in...but it's only the same tired old lines anyway.........and using Jim Stynes as an emotive weapon......that is pathetic

Here comes Squealer himself. You have dead set nothing to say but to pick on other people's writing style or to find something pedantic and stale to try and discredit the whole. The only thing that is pathetic is your slavish kowtowing to the club's line. You would be a good spokesperson for the American Republican Party.

That is the nub of it.

Was this a case of Dr. Bates running his own agenda....Knowing that all the supplememnts used were not illegal at that point.

This would not excuse the Board completely, but i still cannot reason why The Board would mislead the AFL.

They knew how serious this investigation was....we all saw and heard the press conferences.

Somebody lied (again) and this is just about my tipping point as was discussed last year.

Ever since Jimma was diagnosed with Cancer...This club has just made the wrong decisions. We could have got stronger, but that takes effort

All the uncertainty and grief has probably contributed to some of the questionable decision making.

I know you won't read this so hey who cares, when you come down from your pedestal and stop being so bloody sanctimonious, so everything you write is correct and everything I write is wrong, yeh cool

Did Essendon advertise that Dank was sacked, no, but we didn't employ him either

Maybe Bates who is the Club Doctor and is looking for new and innovative ways to treat high performance athletes thought there was some merit in what Dank was offering, so he investigated, doesn't mean he implemented

The Club did the right thing and cut all ties when the situation changed, they weren't embaressed into it, they took a decision, nice of you to twist it that way though

What logic, I don't need logic, I state facts, not half truths, rumours, innuendo

Did we lie to the AFL, you know for a fact do you, I suppose you have sighted any correspondence or listened into any verbal interchange, I doubt it

I really don't care whether you read my posts or not, my life does not hang on whatever you or other posters on here write, although that being said, being a public forum, if some poster puts in my opinion rubbish, then I will take the opportunity to step in and point it out

Yes.

If you read the Dank thread surely you must be worrying because the "sky is falling" posters are starting to wither, they realise that perhaps yet again they are being led by the nose by journalists with an agenda

Not listening to rumour,,,,,,,guilty your honour......sorry........I always have my [censored] detector on high

You have a bit of a comprehension problem. Think about it.

Where is the LIE?

Come off it 'Redleg', now you're using lawyers weasel words. We are in deep here and all because someone thought it smart to hide the fact that Dank had some input into the club which the club has now admitted to.

Ridiculous, idiotic comment unless you really think Essendon hasn't been inept over their supplements programme?

Of course they have and I expect they'll be held to account. Not being able to categorically tell their players what they were injecting them with is monumentally bad. However once they knew they had a significant issue on their hands they decided to co-operate fully and even have an outsider auditing their corporate governance.

Once Melbourne knew they were also dealing with the same individual, pushing the same boundaries, and that they too could face similar sanctions they decided to be underhanded in their answers with the AFL. They should have fessed up straight away as to what had been taking place.

That it's come to this through leaked texts to the media is incompetence in the extreme and highlights the club's disingenuous behavior. I shouldn't be surprised that some are so blinded by their bias that they can't see this.

Edited by Ben-Hur

This must be Dr. Who...

Can you put a few paragraphs in......my eyes lost interest about four lines in...but it's only the same tired old lines anyway.........and using Jim Stynes as an emotive weapon......that is pathetic.......the many topics you rambled over have been done to death on here............you ready to step up.....what positiion would you like...CEO, Board Member, President........you must think you can do a better job....let us know your name and when I go into the Club on Monday I'll let them know you are ready to step into the Buffoonless breach once they have been gotten rid off.....

• Like 2

You truly are kidding yourself, there are very few that follow your line. All we want is a club that is well led and administered from the top down, and maybe then we can get a few wins on the board.

Why do you think your mate Schwab was sacked? just because he comes down and shakes your hand for helping with the membership drive doesn't make him a good bloke. Some of the best con men I've ever met where so called good blokes.

There will be a few more go before this is done.

Again we come back to the appointment of an administrator to at least clear the air, the club is not capable of managing itself in the current climate. Get Jackson's role upgraded and get to work on fixing things.

Come off it 'Redleg', now you're using lawyers weasel words. We are in deep here and all because someone thought it smart to hide the fact that Dank had some input into the club which the club has now admitted to.

When you say "come off it" that is prefaced of course on the notion that you don't need accuracy to condemn someone.

You say I use " lawyers weasel words " and that of itself is inaccurate. Yes I am a lawyer of some 36 years and whether you believe it or not, my job to a large degree revolves around discovering who is telling the truth. A lie simply is defined as not telling the truth. It is therefore important when you accuse someone of lying that you know the question asked and the answer given.

In this particular instance we don't even know who was asked the question or who answered it and yet many on here are happy to say that unknown party is a liar.

Do we even know if the person who answered the question even knew that the Doctor had spoken to Dank?

In my view if you are asked a specific question and you answer it truthfully, you should not be called a liar just because you don't volunteer information, that was not part of the specific question and of which you may have no knowledge anyway.

In summary many on here are prepared to say someone lied without knowing all of the facts.

• Like 2

Sorry WYL I will correct you 3 years ago we were ahead of the Tigers by a long way.

• Like 1

It is possible that Bate has misled the MFC about his relationship with Dank, it is actually possible that the club is innocent.

I am astounded how many people on here can't read between the lines of the MFC statement.

A) It is likely that the meetings with Craig and Misson referred to in the text messages was part of the interview process for the position Dank applied for and was unsuccessful in pursuing. In fact Bate saying "give it a crack" to me confirms this. This also means that the players can never have met Dank in an official capacity, and the club never said that senior members of the FD department didn't meet with Dank as part of this process, indeed they confirmed the process took place. Which means it is still possible that players never interacted with Dank, so the club statement may actually not be a lie.

B) It is likely the club was completely unaware that Bate consulted with Dank about supplements, and this on its own is not suprising, it would be extremely irresponsible for a club doctor to not be informed about all the supplements different AFL clubs are using, I would hope Bate has consulted widely accross the industry with other pharmaceutical providers, and Dank was one of the most well known and highly respected before this investigation began. Also it is hardly suprising that Bate consulted with Dank on an ideal clinic for the players to receive their vitamin injections as Dank owns one of the largest sports science clinics in Australia and at the time was in contention for a job at Melbourne.

C) No player has been prescibed or given any of the substances Essendon is in trouble for. Our sports science division didn't aprove it as it wasn't prescribed and the statement infers that Bate thought these substances weren't suitable (3rd last dot point of MFC statement) and didn't prescribe them.

D) the only way MFC players received contentionious substances is if Bate was doing the dodgy behind the clubs back, or if players were going to Dank of their own valition, as Dank was never employed by the club this is possible but I think it is extrememly unlikely as there would be a money trail that should have been easy for ASADA to find before now. It is worrying but Bate may be completely innocent as the ABC report didn't show the complete transcipts to provide context for the messages.
E) Even if Bate has been dodgy it is possible he kept the club completely in the dark about Dank hence the statement. He may have done this deliberately, or it is possible that he thought the correspondance between he and Bate was inconcequential as it was just standard consultation. Whatever the true answer it is likely the MFC never knew about this Bate Dank correspondance. If they did they would have nothing to lose in revealing it, which is what leads me to believe this is the case.

F) MFC is not guilty of any of the things Essendon is in trouble for, all MFC medications had to be prescribed which leads a clear paper trail (Essendon Didn't) all Melbourne's injections were given by a registered Nurse at a medical clinic (Not houses in the outer suburbs like Essendon), MFC can confirm no player was given any contentious substances (Essendon can't), Dank was never employed or given any right to treat MFC players (unlike Essendon). The only way MFC can be in trouble is if the club doctor or players have done the dodgy behind the clubs back without following protocol, unlike like Essendons program which was club sanctioned. Certainly the MFC isn't accused of the institutionalised doping that Essendon is, and this is what the clubs statement says.

Jackson, the former Essendon chief of 14 years, has insisted he would remain at the club only until the end of the 2013 season and help with the recruitment of a permanent CEO.

His appointment was ratified after a meeting this week with club president Don McLardy and his deputies Peter Spargo and Guy Jalland.

Melbourne has also officially seconded leading business figure Geoff Freeman onto the board with a view to moving him into the presidency over the coming year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jacksons-rescue-mission-20130418-2i31j.html#ixzz2QsY2qs1z

Seems like change is coming.

The sooner the better.