AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE AFL - Patrick Smith

Range Rover

Beisdes the references to Essedon I see no issues raised that are not true. They have already been/being discussed here. The fact that our CEO, president and coach do not know what is wrong is the core of the problem.

To me the lynch pin is the CEO, nothing personal but he is not capable of fixing this problem as he does not have the skills. We need to bring in a successful non-mlebourne administrator to sort it out. To identify the problem with our culture and set specific targets for the whole club.

We need to go to the AFL and demand they use their influence to find us the best to turn the club around as we cannot fix this in-house, otherwise we would have 2 years ago. Keep schawb on the payroll if need be for financial reasons, just not as CEO.

So what does he want? Melbourne out of the competition?

Let us never forget that he thrives on the misfortune of others and the worse it is, the more he like it. Scum. Utter scum. Adds no value to the competition other than to make supporters anxious, serves no purpose. Don't forget the massive hyperbole he attached to the Essendon Drug scandal. Where that one ends no one can be sure, but he was desperate for Hird to go and to treat the club as guilty before trial.

• Like 1

I don't think it's possible to write a more scathing article on a football club and that's all you can pick up on in response?

Scathing articles are Smith's stock in trade. Substance is another thing. I don't accept what he writes just because he choses to be scathing.

So WJ why are we irrelevant in the AFL completion at present?

Why is he wrong?

We are performing abysmally on the field at the moment and we've been poor for a long time. I think I know some of the reasons why but while I don't have all of the answers, I don't subscribe to everything that's been thrown at us, nor do I accept that we're "irrelevant".

• Like 2

ANOTHER SCHWAB THREAD BY RANGE ROVER.....

giveup.gif

I like that you use Gifs to make youre point..

When a numbnut like me would just come out and say,

'Range Rover is NOT a Dees supporter - rather just a troll whos being dared or paid by mates to go to other teams websites to start trouble

and his poison is well spread throughtout D,land and D,ology.. Just look at its name or read its signature.

Id be embarrassed to have so much time on my hands.. but it does.'

But since it will only start trouble.. i'll keep quiet.

• Like 2

It's difficult to disagree with what he's written. As a supporter I of course don't agree that the MFC don't deserve a place in the league it helped begin, but right now it truly is an AFL club in name alone.

The past 6 years seem to have been little other than a journey in redefining the word "crisis". A Croc Dundee exercise of "you call that the bottom? Let me show you the bottom.."

Can it sink any lower? Clearly, yes it can.

Edited by P_Man
  • Like 1

Scathing articles are Smith's stock in trade. Substance is another thing. I don't accept what he writes just because he choses to be scathing.

We are performing abysmally on the field at the moment and we've been poor for a long time. I think I know some of the reasons why but while I don't have all of the answers, I don't subscribe to everything that's been thrown at us, nor do I accept that we're "irrelevant".

WJ I would like to know what we have contributed to AFL football since mid 2011.

The only thing I can think of is we make up the numbers to 18 teams and provide a big percentage boost to anyone who plays us.

IMO in 2012 and now 2013 we are irrelevant as we will very likely be soundly beaten by most teams.

I will not hold my breath waiting DemonWA.

They will talking for some time yet.

If we win this week or even just against GWS they'll shut u[p for now old dee. A little respite would be nice

If we win this week or even just against GWS they'll shut u[p for now old dee. A little respite would be nice

I agree DemonWA I just don't see it happening, WCE will give us another 100+ drubbing.

They used to [censored] us when we had a reasonable side.

Now that we have the worst one in the AFL I dread the thought.

The following week is GWS, have you watched them the first couple of games?

There not a tenth as bad as us, they at least challenge sides for most of the game.

We are struggling at the two minute mark and then get worse.

It's difficult to disagree with what he's written. As a supporter I of course don't agree that the MFC don't deserve a place in the league it helped begin, but right now it truly is an AFL club in name alone.

The past 6 years seem to have been little other than a journey in redefining the word "crisis". A Croc Dundee exercise of "you call that the bottom? Let me show you the bottom.."

Can it sink any lower? Clearly, yes it can.

It's dead easy to disagree with the motivation though and therin lies the rub. what he says as opposed to why he says it. Shouldn't be allowed the oxygen to peddle his bile IMO.

Lets not forget that supporters here, whilst often having wildly differing views, all want the club to succeed. This bottom feeder does not. Pays to remember that before you buy in.

Lets not forget that supporters here, whilst often having wildly differing views, all want the club to succeed. This bottom feeder does not. Pays to remember that before you buy in.

I've been going to G with my red and blue scarf for 30 years.

I intend to continue going for another 30.

I don't care what you think.

Why is it that as soon as a Media writer / commentator says something we don't want to hear we attack his credibility?

We called GD a moron and all sorts of other things ( me included ) and he has been shown to be right.

Now it is PS.

It will be someone else tomorrow.

The pattern here is that sooner or later they turn out to be correct.

I wish we would stop avoiding the obvious, very often these media people are proven right.

Stop shooting the messenger guys.

I've been going to G with my red and blue scarf for 30 years.

I intend to continue going for another 30.

I don't care what you think.

That's not what you said in another thread where you stated you would return your membership and the club would not get another cent from you....

I don't know why I am bothering to write a response on this article, this bloke and this article is everything that is wrong with journalists!

States the bleeding obvious! Gives us nothing new, and if it's not that it's sensationalist reporting filled with innuendo.

How about you and all the other journo's go muck raking into the Essendon investigation with the same amount of vigour and sensationalist reporting that you did with the issues surrounding our club!

Or will it take 10 wins in row and EFC clearly on top of the ladder before any more questions get asked about a club that didn't know what was going on in their sports medicine dept until moments before an investigation was announced by ASADA.

If MFC do go under there will be a lot of journo's out of work as there will be nothing to report on!

• Like 2

Why is it that as soon as a Media writer / commentator says something we don't want to hear we attack his credibility?

We called GD a moron and all sorts of other things ( me included ) and he has been shown to be right.

Now it is PS.

It will be someone else tomorrow.

The pattern here is that sooner or later they turn out to be correct.

I wish we would stop avoiding the obvious, very often these media people are proven right.

Stop shooting the messenger guys.

And more often than not, they're wrong. My issue is their motivation which seems to be to hype as much drama and disaster as possible. Yes, we aren't helping our cause but TC's like manna from heaven for these blokes. Edited by Return to Glory

That's not what you said in another thread where you stated you would return your membership and the club would not get another cent from you....

You've posted some of the most ridiculous crap ever seen in cyberspace but nobody holds that against YOU Stuie!

• Like 1