Ultimate Footy 2013 - Norm Smith League

Range Rover

I've started it. There really isn't much to do after the draft, so I guess I can continue on. But I, like others, can't guarantee I'll be around much this year, I will still play the game, but after the draft I probably won't spend much time dealing with the questions and arguments so much.

Excellent! I think we handle a bit more self-regulation this year.

The system simply allows you to nominate keepers from last year, in reality I still have to set your lineups pre-draft. So I don't want them in too late. Give me a week before the draft for me to sort it out. Also I suggest you nominate your keepers now anyway so that in case you miss the cut-off you will at least have players you picked. Also this allows me to set an indicative lineup so that we can start to see what the draft will look like. (I think this will work,but the options to set your keepers opens on the 7th Feb so i'm not 100% on it just yet.

If someone forgets to nominate they will be autopick keepers, the highest ranked players from your team. (same with rookies).

Summary: Set your keepers now, but you can change them up until the week before the draft.

Okay great. I've got J. Selwood, R.Griffen, D.Swallow and A.Gaff. Midfield set!

The draft should be interesting if a couple of coach's don't renew. Means there'll be some A-list talent added to the draft pool.

Excellent! I think we handle a bit more self-regulation this year.

Okay great. I've got J. Selwood, R.Griffen, D.Swallow and A.Gaff. Midfield set!

The draft should be interesting if a couple of coach's don't renew. Means there'll be some A-list talent added to the draft pool.

I think to be fair to be fair to any new teams they should take over an old list, so I will randomly assign them a team once we confirm the ins/outs, and they can pick from that team. It's still true that there will be some ripping players available because we're going from 18-16 teams.

I'll see how it washes out when we settle the teams.

Ok, this is embarrassing but I am struggling to remember...

Danger mouse is an 'older' keeper for sure and one of Goddard or Grimes can be the other I guess...

Ziebell can be one 1991 but if I had all of them in front of me I would be able to do this...

I think I had Brandon Ellis, Harwood, and ??

Oh, and Byrnes has a higher rating than HWFUA so that is pretty special.

Point Scoring

While we're in pre-season discussion mode, this is a subject I brought up last season in this post ...

... "On that subject (points scoring), I'm not convinced that we've got it right this season. My feeling is total points scored should be set at 4 points and free kick differential at 1. Players from all over the field contribute to the score and it seems to me victory on the scoreboard should receive much greater recognition than the free-kick count (who cares really) and perhaps even another level of recognition above the standard stats. Also not sure at all about hit-outs. Should a couple of ruckmen really carry that much influence on the outcome? Seems grossly disproportionate to their input for mine. Hitouts should be a rung lower than kicks/handballs/marks etc (which every player contributes to).

I'd go for ...

Kicks - 3
Handballs - 3
Marks - 3
Hit-outs - 2
Tackles - 3
Free Differential - 1
Points Scored - 4
Kicking accuracy - 1

Total - 20 points

So ... what do others think of that proposal?

Edited by Range Rover

I like it, even though it hurst me given my keepers.

... of course as the administrator you would have control over this sort of thing.

One other thing is that in this setup it would be possible to win with 3 categories, and it wouldn't even have to include score. 9 points gets a win, and you could win it with kicks, marks, tackles.

Edited by JACKATTACK

Keepers for me are set

Sandi

Cyril

Dyson Heppell

Dylan Shiel

Dropping the hit out value, obviously hurts a little with Sandi, however I do agree and think the basic values that RR suggests are on the money

If we boost goalkicking accuracy up to two points we get the magical 21 number.

Losts of permutations and routes to victory.

Make it an odd number.

Kicks - 3
Handballs - 3
Marks - 3
Hit-outs - 2
Tackles - 3
Free Differential - 1
Points Scored - 4
Kicking accuracy - 2

Total - 21 points

Fwiw I have a similar error message when loading the team. Although I tried it a week ago and got it up. I have a fair idea on my keepers anyway.

I'm just interested to hear on Clark's progress. I'll hopefully get better confirmation of his injury on Monday.

Happy to go with whatever the general consensus is on points system.

Fwiw I have a similar error message when loading the team. Although I tried it a week ago and got it up. I have a fair idea on my keepers anyway.

I'm just interested to hear on Clark's progress. I'll hopefully get better confirmation of his injury on Monday.

Happy to go with whatever the general consensus is on points system.

I don't see you in our league on the site.

There are 8 teams currently signed into the league page.

If we boost goalkicking accuracy up to two points we get the magical 21 number.

Losts of permutations and routes to victory.

Kicks - 3

Handballs - 3

Marks - 3

Hit-outs - 2

Tackles - 3

Free Differential - 1

Points Scored - 4

Kicking accuracy - 2

Total - 21 points

I like the look of this scoring set up.

I alway's felt Hit Outs had too big a influence on the outcome of these game's.

Keeper's almost set

1. Dane Swan

2. Kieran Jack

3. Jack Darling

4. Josh Caddy or Jonothon Patten ( NAB cup form to seperate these two)