Jack Trengove in 2013

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

He couldn't kick over 30 metres. Think back to some of his goal kicking...

Take off the red & blue sunnies peeps. If Trenners had been on a Top 4 list he would have been dropped and rightly so.

As i said above he does have time on his side but he now has to show it not just talk it.

Remember this from you on Trengove....: -

July 7th 2012

WYL:Put him on the table...a midfielder of his build who has no pace will not win us a dam thing.

Picks 1 & 2...What a F#$%^ing WASTE THEY WERE.

- ref: Pennant St Dee's sig.

To me speed is key - he went from a good turn of toe andf nice kick in year one to plodding and struggling to get to 40 metres in year two for reasons unknown to me however I have to suspect injury (OP ?) as this shouldnt have gone over 1 year to a 20 year old.

If he can get back some toe and penetration with the his kicking i think he will be fine.

Remember this from you on Trengove....: -

- ref: Pennant St Dee's sig.

your point?

I would love to put Trengove on the table to see what the market is prepared to pay.

I wouldn't get rid of him, but i still think number two was too high.

Year number 4 should tell us a lot.

Trengove had no pace & could not kick over 35 metres in 2012...Fact.

Lets compare him to Robbie Flower who played in far worse teams than Neitz - and only tasted success in his last year with Northey. No "if he played for other teams"...no "if had better footballers around him". He played in a crap team and distinguished himself in the top half dozen wingman to play the game.

That's right 'nutbean' and in Robbie's case we did get to see what he would have been like in the State games when he had better players around him he was an absolute stand out.

You can judge a player a lot by what opposition supporters say and you would be going to find any that didn't think Robbie was a star.

I would love to put Trengove on the table to see what the market is prepared to pay.

You want to find out what our captain is worth, but you don't want trade him? Do you have any concept of loyalty and morale?

Doing something like that to your captain would destroy the much-vaunted "culture" you've been talking about for months.

• Like 1

your point?

You wouldn't get rid of him (and your previous post suggests otherwise).....yet you would "love to put Trengove on the table"......

.....right.

You want to find out what our captain is worth, but you don't want trade him? Do you have any concept of loyalty and morale?

Doing something like that to your captain would destroy the much-vaunted "culture" you've been talking about for months.

Chook we haven't been competitive since 2006 & even then we over powered an injury riddled st. Kilda.

I have watched this years GF multiple times.

Trengove is nowhere near that standard yet.

& there are players his age & younger who wear a GF Medallion.

I am just trying too be a realist. His 2012 was a shocker.

You wouldn't get rid of him (and your previous post suggests otherwise).....yet you would "love to put Trengove on the table"......

.....right.

yes. To find market value.

Don't be so precious you will never win being just nice.

H. T. where have i actually said i would get rid of Trengove?

I wouldn't but i don't put him on the holy pedastal either like many who post on this sight.

Finding out market value does not = selling.

I have lived jn the same apartment for 25 years and have had it valued 5-6 times.

It's good to know what others are prepared to pay..

Edited by why you little

your point?

Number Two seems spot on for this post.

H. T. where have i actually said i would get rid of Trengove?

I wouldn't but i don't put him on the holy pedastal either like many who post on this sight.

Findind out market value does not = selling.

I have lived jn the same apartment for 25 years and have had it valued 5-6 times.

It's good to know what others are prepared to pay..

Next time your apartment leads 21 blokes out onto a footy field, let me know.

H. T. where have i actually said i would get rid of Trengove?..

July 7th 2012

WYL:Put him on the table...a midfielder of his build who has no pace will not win us a dam thing.

yes. To find market value.

Don't be so precious you will never win being just nice.

I think you will find that the recruiters are a little smarter than that - you had your apartment valued 5-6 times - the AFL market is a much smaller pond - I am tipping that recruiters know who are time wasters and who are truely up for trade so I am not so sure that you would get a true market value - there is a fair degree of too'ing and fro'ing.

You may even get a true value this year - but if you dont trade him and try the same next year you will get true nothing - this isnt like your apartment where you can go to 5-6 different agents.

Also if you put any name up to get a true market value then dont complain when any name holds us over a barrell to extract every last cent on the next contract - after all we did put his name up for trade.

That's right 'nutbean' and in Robbie's case we did get to see what he would have been like in the State games when he had better players around him he was an absolute stand out.

You can judge a player a lot by what opposition supporters say and you would be going to find any that didn't think Robbie was a star.

I need to take a cold shower ( remembering Robbies performances in State games...)

Edit- demon from within - don't misinterpret the esteem I hold Neita in - just because I dont think he is champion of the game that shouldn't be measured against other forwards like Dunstall, Lockett, Carey etc does not mean I think he is dud - he is certainly a champion of our club - he will be remembered as Demon great.

I think you need to take of the red and blue goggles and ask a non demons who are the great forwards who played at the same time as Neitz and see how many would rate him in their first five

Edited by nutbean

H. T. where have i actually said i would get rid of Trengove?..

July 7th 2012

putting a player on the table is not signing off on a deal in my eyes.

It is to seek market value.

Let us get that straight.

Trengove is not worth a number 2 pick but he was always a stayer.

Ok. Just to get that straight.

Quite frankly I get sick and tired of seeing people have a crack at the likes of Trengove or Watts saying that they are under performing, the same will happen to Toumpas and/ or Viney.

In retrospect I think Trengove has been developing nicely. He has been averaging close to 20 disposals, and > 4.5 tackles over his last few seasons. Now compare this to the likes of Trent Cotchin or Marc Murphy they had very similar figures at the same age. Hopefully 2013 will be Trengove's break out year and if so we should see him averaging closer to 25 disposals and hopefully by 2015 closer to 30 which is reflective of these other "star" draft picks. With this said I don't expect Toumpas and Viney next year to come out and be "the saviors" of the MFC, I will be please if I see touches of brilliance and they average close to 20 disposals with a nice amount of tackling pressure ~3.5 or above by the end of next season.

• Like 1

unless you are prepared to trade (and risking upsetting a wanted player)seeking market value is a waste of time as you dont get a true indication unless the other recruiters sense that you are prepared to trade. If we said "how much for trengove" - the opposition recruiters would think pfffttt - trading your 20 year old captain - I suspect the answer would either be 14 x 1st round draft picks or Simon Buckley and an old sock. I would think that any recruiter worth his salt would ask - what do you want for him ? Then what do you say ?

• Like 1