Brett Lovett Quits as Casey Coach

Demonland

SImply he realised his kids don't stay kids for long and wants time with them, the way his dad supported him...good on him and hopefully once his boy is running around in red & blue he'll get back into it as he has the talent.

Given I'm in WA and haven't seen an image of brett since he retired...wheres the hair!! lol.

• Like 1

WYL...give it a rest....this was a thread to thank Brett Lovett for his efforts which most have done, except you see it as yet another opportunity to bag everything about MFC AGAIN........we know....there is a smalll group on this board who just want to be negative constantly.........

Negative?

What is negative about wanting improvement.

I feel sorry for Brett Lovett actually.

Go and read up on the Swans "Blood" Culture. You might learn something.

Its got everything to do with it. How many hours were put in for no reward. Not seeing family & then come September BANG. Finished.

Casey has lost it's past 8 finals. Who would want the job?

Time to wave goodbye.

I agree. The coaches at Casey have been asked to coach with one arm tied behind their back. Geelong are "stand alone" and they're not having any trouble fielding a team and being competitive.

Irrespective of Lovett's personal reasons the Casey Football Club have been treated shabbily by Melbourne. I think it's been very poor. And it's not like some of them wouldn't have benefited from the experience of playing finals.

One of you ultra-negatives explain to me why we would not take players out of a stand alone team?! MFC comes first, no matter what. There's NO WAY we would risk players or leave in ones who needed surgery etc just because we have a stand alone rather than an affiliate.

One of you ultra-negatives explain to me why we would not take players out of a stand alone team?! MFC comes first, no matter what. There's NO WAY we would risk players or leave in ones who needed surgery etc just because we have a stand alone rather than an affiliate.

Because a Stand alone MFC VFL side is not there to win Premierships as its number one goal.

But at the moment we are stoping Casey from being competitive when it counts.

8 finals in a row we have lost.

I see a trend...

Stuie, you will not get rational argument from them, you are wasting your breath, I have been told to go and look at the Swans "Blood" Culture, an urban myth that is perpetuated by the media........now let me think Sth Melbourne had to relocate to Sydney because the club went bust.....didn't have much of culture so the supporters didn't stand up and fight for their club and it had to move......wow but then that's not in the last five years when a club has been successful.......strange we never hear about the Geelong culture........winners are grinners and can perpetuate any rubbish, buzz word etc they can

Because a Stand alone MFC VFL side is not there to win Premierships as its number one goal.

But at the moment we are stoping Casey from being competitive when it counts.

8 finals in a row we have lost.

I see a trend...

Who cares? I want an AFL premiership not a VFL one.

So you're saying, for Casey's sake MFC should start up a stand alone team? Great logic...

Who cares? I want an AFL premiership not a VFL one.

So you're saying, for Casey's sake MFC should start up a stand alone team? Great logic...

I don't care about VFL Flags Stuie

But why should the Casey players be denied a flag?

It would also be beneficial for the MFC entire list to train together regularly.

There are many reasons.

How many coacheshaveCasey had in the last 5 years?

Stuie, you will not get rational argument from them, you are wasting your breath, I have been told to go and look at the Swans "Blood" Culture, an urban myth that is perpetuated by the media........now let me think Sth Melbourne had to relocate to Sydney because the club went bust.....didn't have much of culture so the supporters didn't stand up and fight for their club and it had to move......wow but then that's not in the last five years when a club has been successful.......strange we never hear about the Geelong culture........winners are grinners and can perpetuate any rubbish, buzz word etc they can

You haven't heard about the strong bond down at Geelong either??

My my, where have you been??

I don't care about VFL Flags Stuie

But why should the Casey players be denied a flag?

It would also be beneficial for the MFC entire list to train together regularly.

There are many reasons.

How many coacheshaveCasey had in the last 5 years?

Might sound harsh, but i don't care about Casey, the only reason I have ANY interest in them is because of the MFC affiliation, so surely that's helpful to them?

It wouldn't matter if it was Casey or a stand alone team, MFC would STILL take players out because the Dees are more important.

Also, the whole list does train together.

Gutsy player who gave everything he had. Not super talented, but put himself on the line repeatedly. Sounds like he gave his all at Casey as well.

Shame we can't convince him to sell the nursery and take up a full time midfield assistant role at MFC. Would be a very good asset to the FD.

Hope his son is a cracker.

Might sound harsh, but i don't care about Casey, the only reason I have ANY interest in them is because of the MFC affiliation, so surely that's helpful to them?

It wouldn't matter if it was Casey or a stand alone team, MFC would STILL take players out because the Dees are more important.

Also, the whole list does train together.

You see i don't care about Casey (Springvale) either. That is the very reason we should have a stand alone MFC Reserve side.

Maybe that's exactly why we need a new coach every year.

I want MFC players all wearing the same jumper

I agree that Melbourne should have allowed more players to play finals (although not that many were eligable), but I don't see how being a stand alone would help.

As i said before the objective of a stand alone Reserve side is not primarily to win flags. It is there to teach players and for injured players to regain match fitness.

Is that the same objective as the Casey Club?

I doubt it. There has to be some friction in there.

Both clubs have valid reasons so its not going to change...and we will continue to turn over coaches in Springvale.

So you'd rather an unsuccessful reserves team than an unsuccessful affiliate team?

A stand alone reserve side is not unsuccessful if it creates player ready to go at AFL Level.

I don't give a flying F about ladder position.

But i bet the people at Casey do, and that is fair enough.

Being a regular Scorpions watcher a gentle breeze in the suburbs equates to a howling gale a Casey fields. The Council need to do something about this with wind breaks. It ruins a good game and it is always commented on by Peter Donegan on ABC televised games. The players can't enjoy playing in these conditions.

BL was as stated by others a player who got the most out of himself and seems to be able to have done that at Casey. I totally support his sentiment re his kids and also note the comment about his dad.

I reckon Brett and his son should be welcomed to the club whenever they are able and Brett could maybe contribute some of his thoughts. He must have been able to work with the club given existing arrangements and obviously still has good links with the club. Also some of his paths to success might be picked up by others including his son.

He just could be part of a valuable support and succession team for the Club

In all circumstances thank him, wish him well and remind him he is always welcome>

• Like 1

A stand alone reserve side is not unsuccessful if it creates player ready to go at AFL Level.

I don't give a flying F about ladder position.

But i bet the people at Casey do, and that is fair enough.

Got a spare $500,000.......per year WYL......Thats what it will cost the club for stand alone VFL side......Money is too hard to come by to waste it on a stand alone reserves side...IMHO.....