Herald Sun reports Gysberts to be shown the door...Neeld has gone mad!!!

Tex

He is indeed, a 12 month to 2 yr contract option, he would bring plenty.

It's not All about Just climbing the ladder instantly, & more kids won't help here, but Chappies grunt & attitude would be a Tonic to the whole club & would help get in the mood for Action.

I think many here are truly underestimating the Culture thing & just how hard it is to change, & to get some attitude into the Group.

Chappy is one of the main instigators of the Winning change that swept the Cats into they're new dimension under Bomba.

But he is cooked...He will be no use to us....Please understand.
  • Like 1

Gysberts and Rivers for Trent West and a draft pick .. Gysberts has shown nothing albeit our culture of turning our draftees into decent footballers is absolutely disgusting. Rivers on the other hand has been handy but considering the cats want him then that may give us some currency when discussing a trade. I went for West because we are crying out for a decent ruckman ,, especially if Martin goes to Collingwood and I believe they will give us West rather than Vardy

You re discussing bluff and bravado, has nothign really to do with legalites.

Yes, & I think that would play a big part of many business dealings, especially when an Item where on auction, so to speak. The auctioneer is selling himself.

# and re Beamer: (from bigfooty)

Stopher said:

So let me get this straight- as a RESTRICTED free-agent, Melbourne have first call on any contract he nominates, yes?

No. What happens is, Moloney goes around to various clubs he'd like to play for and says, give me your best offer. He looks at all the offers, and decided which club he'd most like to play for. He takes their offer to Melbourne, and says, "will you match this?"

If Melbourne says they will match that offer, he can't leave as a free agent. That's why normally, a free agent with any value is only going to be able to leave if the club he is going to is paying overs.

Stopher said:

Also, say hypothetically Melbourne were to meet his contract demands, does that mean they then have to offer him that contract?

Yes, by agreeing to match the offer presented, they are offering him that contract.

But it doesn't mean Moloney has to accept. He may decide that he still doesn't want to play at Melbourne, even for the same contract that he was happy to accept at another club. If he wont agree to signing that contract with Melbourne, then the only options are going to the PSD, or asking Melbourne to try to organise a trade for him.

All this is particularly relevant in Moloney's case. If he was headed to the GCS, I can imagine them offering to pay overs, and Melbourne being unwilling to match. However, if he is looking at offers from Sydney or Essendon, I don't think they'd be offering him a very lucrative contract - probably less than his current contract with Melbourne. In this case, Melbourne would get better compensation be matching the offer, and then seeking a trade.

---------------------------------------------------------

Interesting times to come?

But he is cooked...He will be no use to us....Please understand.

WYL you don't understand. He may be a bit behind Finals Footy now, but that doesn't mean he is behind home and away footy!

We all saw how he went just a couple of weeks ago for the Cats. I think he was best on G'.

A change of club would likely help his motivation for at least a year, & IMO he would relish the opportunity to help & teach our group, & to inspire some bigger efforts from us.

We're talking about a top shelf player who is approaching his retirement. He can help us climb up the ladder from where we are.

• Like 1

WYL you don't understand. He may be a bit behind Finals Footy now, but that doesn't mean he is behind home and away footy!

We all saw how he went just a couple of weeks ago for the Cats. I think he was best on G'.

A change of club would likely help his motivation for at least a year, & IMO he would relish the opportunity to help & teach our group, & to inspire some bigger efforts from us.

We're talking about a top shelf player who is approaching his retirement. He can help us climb up the ladder from where we are.

Please remember Kelvin Templeton...who tried very hard to play well at Melbourne

But couldn't do it.....

Chapman is cooked. The game gets quicker every year.

His best use is an assistant coach.

• Like 1

Please remember Kelvin Templeton...who tried very hard to play well at Melbourne

But couldn't do it.....

Chapman is cooked. The game gets quicker every year.

His best use is an assistant coach.

Kels Joints were stuffed.. You need to get over past failures like our poor trade there. Moore was quite good for us.

Chappies body isn't stuffed but he may have slowed a tad, or he may be just a bit slower in the mind, if he's feeling jaded in the old environment. BOG one week & getting caught another.

Football isn't about having every player quicker than all opposition players. It's about the thought process, confidence & the team confidence.

A player of his Ilk would help our young group feel more confident, especially in his first season.

After that, only time would tell, but he would have done his job.

We've been running around in circles with the likes of dunn, maric, aron, matty, cale, benny, etc. we need some guidance. & mentoring.

Kels Joints were stuffed.. You need to get over past failures like our poor trade there. Moore was quite good for us.

Chappies body isn't stuffed but he may have slowed a tad, or he may be just a bit slower in the mind, if he's feeling jaded in the old environment. BOG one week & getting caught another.

Football isn't about having every player quicker than all opposition players. It's about the thought process, confidence & the team confidence.

A player of his Ilk would help our young group feel more confident, especially in his first season.

After that, only time would tell, but he would have done his job.

We've been running around in circles with the likes of dunn, maric, aron, matty, cale, benny, etc. we need some guidance. & mentoring.

i didn't mention Peter Moore...he won a Brownlow.

But Chapman is FINISHED....Do not recruit...i watched the game closely...HE IS GAWN..A slow midfielder will teach this club nothing

we already suffer that problem.

Did you see what just took place on the Weekend re Geelong. They folded like a Japanese Origami.

They are after youth, (Caddy Gysberts others, & a replacement Key Tall back.) They don't want to bottom out, & they will try to fast track they're re-ignition.

It is Very likely they won't offer chappy much at all, especially now the Graffiti is so Bold on the wall.

chappy will find much more beneficial offers away from the Cats, Especially from sides who need an injection of good Ol fashioned Pro attitude.

An aging Chappy may be struggling to fit into a top team like the Cats have been, but would be a Cultural godsend for a club in our position. The Experience, aggression & Positive attitudes he would bring to our club would be huge.

I think amongst the Classy youngsters we need, we will also pickup some like Chappy, thru FA, or thru late picks/trades.

If we don't get a Cloke, we'll need to spend some Salary cap. And not fall into the Trap of over paying youngsters who haven't earnt they're stripes.

Even if he was p1ssed off enough to leave he'd go to a club that was finals bound. Not a cellar dweller. He is a competitive beast.

Seriously, the amount of posters on here that learn nothing over their time discussing and watching footy beggars belief.

Even if he was p1ssed off enough to leave he'd go to a club that was finals bound. Not a cellar dweller. He is a competitive beast.

Seriously, the amount of posters on here that learn nothing over their time discussing and watching footy beggars belief.

I don't know why you say that, it's been reported that he feels he was paid unders thru his heyday to keep the team together, & would like to get some income now.

IMO he'll go to wherever he will be of use & get regular senior games. He's doesn't seem to be ready to call quits yet & is quality Senior with plenty attitude.

The things we are poor in.

Look at our Senior ranks above 25 Yrs of Age. > http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-melbourne-demons?year=2012&sby=15

With Green, Davey, Moloney, Rivers, poss' Martin, then Dunn, Bater... thin as, so why then do we move some of these on? Culture Change!

We need to add some in this age bracket, and we need the Leaders types to show the right way, even if only for 2 Yrs.

In 2 Yrs time Jones, Clarke, Garland, Magner will all be around the 27 Yr mark, & as such will be our elders, with Sylv' going 29Yrs.

This IS the Year to do the Culture Change Now...

We have already said we won't stand in the way of Moloney, dee-luded.

He is as good as a UFA and that is that.

OK, the tribe has Spoken.

Sorry if i wait to see what the Chief Sitting Bull says first.

I don't know why you say that, it's been reported that he feels he was paid unders thru his heyday to keep the team together, & would like to get some income now.

IMO he'll go to wherever he will be of use & get regular senior games. He's doesn't seem to be ready to call quits yet & is quality Senior with plenty attitude.

You're clueless.

Brad was on SEN today and was asked by Harford if he would go to GWS, he said "at the moment" he is officially but obviously open to something. He said he is still having a run. It just proves that the club has forced another long-standing loyal player retire before they wanted too. Frickin' Neeld better know what he is doing. lf they haven't shown any improvement or at least heart by round 6 next they can have my membership back. As for getting rid of Gysberts, does Neeld know what the hell he is doing?

Gysberts and Rivers for Trent West and a draft pick .. Gysberts has shown nothing albeit our culture of turning our draftees into decent footballers is absolutely disgusting. Rivers on the other hand has been handy but considering the cats want him then that may give us some currency when discussing a trade. I went for West because we are crying out for a decent ruckman ,, especially if Martin goes to Collingwood and I believe they will give us West rather than Vardy

Cant trade rivers..

• Like 2

Petterd gone 100%

Gystberts gone 100%

Cook gone 100%

Green gone 100%

Jurrah gone 100%

Moloney gone 100%

Rivers going going...

Davey going going ....

Bate ???

Dunne ???

Joel Mac should go IMO

Jetta should go IMO

Sellar should go IMO

Morton should be locked in the gym or should go

Bennell should be locked in the gym or should go

We rock!!!

Go team Neeld!!!

what rubbish gysberts is a good footaller...

Petterd gone 100%

Gystberts gone 100%

Cook gone 100%

Green gone 100%

Jurrah gone 100%

Moloney gone 100%

Rivers going going...

Davey going going ....

Bate ???

Dunne ???

Joel Mac should go IMO

Jetta should go IMO

Sellar should go IMO

Morton should be locked in the gym or should go

Bennell should be locked in the gym or should go

We rock!!!

Go team Neeld!!!

Team Neeld?

All of those players are from the daniher/bailey era. They are shite now. Neeld knows it and is clearling them out. What do you want, to keep under performing hacks?

Im all for Neeld cutting the players that cant cut it. We had the most exciting list in 2010 that doesnt just change. Baileys players development was as good as Richard Tamblings highlights reel. Time to cut the dead wood.

Rabble rabble rabble

Why would West who's currently Geelong's No 1 ruckman and playing in a succesful side want to come to Melbourne where he'd be our 2nd ruckman and be forced to play a foreign CHF position?

• Like 2

[

Tex is speaking from the heart fellas.

From what I've heard i.e. Melbourne's slackness in the Gym this year to this ridiculous hit the boundary game style Neeld is indeed a huge worry. Jurrah leaving the club is an absolute disaster not only on field but also from a membership point of view. Jurrah's huge coupe for PA. Moloney has been F ed up by Neeld big time. From 2011 to get 19 brownlow votes to see him not be able to play his own game with freedom is an absolute shocker .

Players are under the wing of no more than a suburban coach and a good one at that. Melbourne have wasted another 5 years with the Neeld appointment. Malthouse or Lyon were what we "neelded"

You know nothing about football.

I think it's worse than that. He knows nothing about anything.

For God's sake pantsman, what's your agenda and where do you get these ridiculous assertions from? A coach should just let players play the way they want should he? What a lovely idea. Just how would that lead to an improvement in TEAM performance?

It just came to me! You're actually Brent Moloney aren't you. Or maybe it's Mrs Moloney annoyed at the way her little boy's been so unfairly treated.

Edited by Crawf52
  • Like 2

Brad was on SEN today and was asked by Harford if he would go to GWS, he said "at the moment" he is officially but obviously open to something. He said he is still having a run. It just proves that the club has forced another long-standing loyal player retire before they wanted too. Frickin' Neeld better know what he is doing. lf they haven't shown any improvement or at least heart by round 6 next they can have my membership back. As for getting rid of Gysberts, does Neeld know what the hell he is doing?

Harford pressed the issue again later in the program about playing again, Green all but ruled it out, stating that he's pretty keen on pursuing coaching and that had spoken briefly to a couple of clubs, with hopefully something coming out of it after the season. Seemed genuine, I'd be very surprised if played on.

[

I think it's worse than that. He knows nothing about anything.

For God's sake pantsman, what's your agenda and where do you get these ridiculous assertions from? A coach should just let players play the way they want should he? What a lovely idea. Just how would that lead to an improvement in TEAM performance?

It just came to me! You're actually Brent Moloney aren't you. Or maybe it's Mrs Moloney annoyed at the way her little boy's been so unfairly treated.

Go get em Crawf !!!

Brad Green was finished 3 months ago. Just because the mind is willing, the body isn't always up to it. Was missing easy set shots, allowed his opponent to run off him too easily and dropped easy marks.

Courageous, faithful servant of the club - if there's room in the coaching/preparation department for him, so be it.