The Club's Intentions - Trade/Draft

Hells Gates

Read his post again HG, he wasn't shooting the messenger, he was shooting the message.

I happen to agree and I am not shooting at you, I actually commended you earlier and hope you will have more to post as we go along. I also feel that this is our last chance to get things right and that means drafting the best players, not drafting to win a few games and save a Coach's job. I don't think Mark will take that approach and I am happy to watch talent grow and develop if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. For example if Jesse Hogan is that good and we can get him but not play him until 2014, IMO we get him. I will be happy to wait if I can see what we are creating. Recruiting a bunch of nearly over the hills is not the way to rebuild, but again I don't see Mark doing that.

Keep the news coming. It's a good read.

Cheers Redleg.

Don't worry I'm more than concerned myself considering this season was alot worse that many predicted, Neeld himself. Also the fact that Neeld said "he only has 3 years to make this work" still rings in my ears nervously. I just hope he doesnt panic and draft in spuds or good VFL players as a quick fix.

I dont want has-beens either and I dont think they will go down that road personally. We will end up drafting kids IMO but we will draft quality kids who are ready to go physically Round 1, 2013. Anyway thats my take, but I'm no recruiter! And I wouldnt want to be either!

• Like 1

Hell's gate. Are you actually from the club? Are you sure we won't take viney first round if need be? I have a source willing to bet his car that we are bluffing on Viney and will take him at pick 3 if required in a heart beat. I can't give his name but he should know. Thanks.

Hell's gate. Are you actually from the club? Are you sure we won't take viney first round if need be? I have a source willing to bet his car that we are bluffing on Viney and will take him at pick 3 if required in a heart beat. I can't give his name but he should know. Thanks.

Sorry mate can't comment on that as it's confidential but I wouldn't assume that Viney is a definite.

My brother plays in the senior side and I spend time at the club when I can, work voluntary for the club, know all the players well and am dating Don McLardy's niece :)

As you would appreciate I'm limited to what I can say and dont come on here often, but I always try to share as much as I can when I feel its important.

• Like 3

Interesting. Time will tell unless your bluffing as well lol. What I was told was that we are interested in toumpas and that viney is locked in.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

Sorry mate can't comment on that as it's confidential but I wouldn't assume that Viney is a definite.

My brother plays in the senior side and I spend time at the club when I can, work voluntary for the club, know all the players well & am dating Don McLardy's niece :)

As you would appreciate I'm limited to what I can say and dont come on here often, but I always try to share as much as I can when I feel its important.

Any idea if we are even half keen on stringer?

In the "HUN" at 4:35pm today.

We are after Knights Big Time.

Taken with a grain of salt because it was from the "HUN".

Therefore take Knights off your wish list, when has the "HUN" made a correct decision on anything.

• Like 2

Appreciate the info HG

Would love to get JV in the second round - but i have a gut feeling that we will be forced to take him with pick 3..... If we don't it could be quite costly $$$$

Edited by Unleash Hell

Dee-luded if Gysberts is worth their No.1 pick we should be keeping him.

However he is not so I think the best you could expect would for him to be part of some player trade arrangement.

Geelong are not that silly

I didn't say what he was worth at all. I don't know what his market value is.

But I hear as we all have that the cats are interested & IMO would be interseted in a kid with talent that went P12ish, & has body size in height and frame.

The Cats to me, look like they would not want to bottom out to rebuild so a 20 - 22 Yr old with potential may be of Strong interest to them.

How much interest we'll see.

It's known & noted that we have a woeful Culture, & can't develop our kids under this culture.

So it goes to say that many clubs may be willing to chance they're culture to develop Gysberts, over ours. He may be worth a pick around 17ish?

If not, maybe we can look to a player trade.

Or alternatively we can keep.

Gday Olisik,

Im not 100% sure mate but I would very much imagine so. I also hope so. They are looking at everybody and nothing is certain. To be honest its all secret squirrel, nobody lets out much, thats why I like to spy! :lol:

Thanks for the info HG.

Are we really into J.Martin the W.A kid because i was told this by a strong (money) member 2 weeks back.

He would be the scully number 2?

is there any chance we could trade players (eg rivers, gysberts & or any draft pics) to get vardy from the cats?

i heard they need a defender to replace scarlett and that the cats have expressed some interest

was hoping we would draft him a few years back, but instead we went for gawn and fitzpatrick, who both have had thier injury troubles but dont really look like natural footballers, and often look awkward playing.

i know he has had an injury trouble, but i think vardy would be an excelent inclusion into our forward line, and would be handy as a back up ruckman. at 198cm he moves exceptionally well, has good attack on the ball, is a solid grab, a good shot on goal, and for a young KPP has a real presence.

Not sure of his situation at the cats, is there any chance they would let him go or that we could grab him?

Edited by bush demon

I didn't say what he was worth at all. I don't know what his market value is.

But I hear as we all have that the cats are interested & IMO would be interseted in a kid with talent that went P12ish, & has body size in height and frame.

The Cats to me, look like they would not want to bottom out to rebuild so a 20 - 22 Yr old with potential may be of Strong interest to them.

How much interest we'll see.

It's known & noted that we have a woeful Culture, & can't develop our kids under this culture.

So it goes to say that many clubs may be willing to chance they're culture to develop Gysberts, over ours. He may be worth a pick around 17ish?

If not, maybe we can look to a player trade.

Or alternatively we can keep.

Then I guess we are on the same tram.

I thing those are our best two options

• Like 1

Those people saying we can draft for the future (if it takes 3 years...) are delusional.

This club needs to be moving up the ladder next year. If we are still a cellar dweller in 3 years this place will be dead.

• Like 2

Apparently Rischitelli is a possibility.

Could also be the incentive needed for JV to slip through

A good player and according to Wayne Britten has been playing injured all season but he didn't want to move to Vic before with the Carlton trade. Maybe just p..ed off with how Brisbane handled the deal.

Would be just what we are after.

Thanks for the info HG.

Maybe a trade of Gysberts for Brown at Geelong would work, although I'd love to keep the Gys. Will also be shattered if Rivers walks, but we do have the tall defenders to replace him, and he's been a great servant of the club so I wouldn't hold it against him chasing some success.

On the MD picks and the rumor that we might be after both with picks 3 & 4. Any chance of us on-trading MD pick 1 to West Coast (where they'd take Martin) in exchange for Gaff and still allowing us to take Hogan at MD pick 2. I'd heard that we hadn't given up hope on Gaff.

That would give us Hogan as a KPF, Viney & Gaff as quality mids and with pick 13 left over to use on another quality mid, maybe someone like Nathan Wright? So I guess my question is have you heard Gaff's name mentioned at all? :)

Edit: Hogan MD pick 2 not 1.

Edited by Tall Defence
  • Like 1

Those people saying we can draft for the future (if it takes 3 years...) are delusional.

This club needs to be moving up the ladder next year. If we are still a cellar dweller in 3 years this place will be dead.

WIll be hard to go down from here. Altho I'm sure we'll give it a shot!....

• Like 1

Thanks for the info HG.

Maybe a trade of Gysberts for Brown at Geelong would work, although I'd love to keep the Gys. Will also be shattered if Rivers walks, but we do have the tall defenders to replace him, and he's been a great servant of the club so I wouldn't hold it against him chasing some success.

On the MD picks and the rumor that we might be after both with picks 3 & 4. Any chance of us on-trading MD pick 1 to West Coast (where they'd take Martin) in exchange for Gaff and still allowing us to take Hogan at MD pick 2. I'd heard that we hadn't given up hope on Gaff.

That would give us Hogan as a KPF, Viney & Gaff as quality mids and with pick 13 left over to use on another quality mid, maybe someone like Nathan Wright? So I guess my question is have you heard Gaf

Gaff has signed on for 2 more years from memory to the end of 2014.

Hi All,

Here is some info that may be news to some and common dog to others. But I'll share it anyway as I fly out to work tomorrow. Dont shoot the messenger.

This is what I've heard first hand from people in command. The horses mouth.

1. Neelds first & foremost priority is to replace Tom Scully before anything else. The club see's Tom as a loss and are targetting a player with similar traits (on field). While Toms disposal efficiency wasnt the greatest he was quick, broke the lines & was professional. The club is actively seeking players for eg: David Mackay from Adelaide who has good skills, quick and works hard defensively. I have copped criticism for bringing up disposal efficiency in the past with posters saying it isnt relevant, well the club certainly is taking this stat seriously. What picks they will use or how they go about it I'm not sure but we did lose a #1 draft pick.

2. The club is very keen to get another power forward onboard. Whether this is through free agency, trade or draft I'm unsure but they are certainly active. A name that keeps popping up is Jesse Hogan in the U17 mini-draft. I'd say if we cant get an experienced KPF then this will be an option for the club.

3. After the above two I hear that we are keen to get 3 quality mids with the club hoping to bring 1-2 experienced heads & one being Jack Viney providing we pick him up as a second rounder. The problem being that the pickings for quality experienced mids in their mid 20's are slim pickings now. May need to rely on the draft.

4. Club is hoping for 2 free agents - but it looks like slim pickings now.

This is the concerning thing for me & the club is its ok to delist the deadwood so long as you replace with better players. A lot of top draft picks and players OOC will hold no currency at trade time - thats scary.

After TS replacement, KPF, 3 mids - I have no idea what the clubs intentions are, I'll leave that for you guys to discuss. Obviously I can't reel off names etc that havent been mentioned and have to be careful the way I present things but what I can say is the club is very active & have been for months & are leaving no stone unturned. Expect a few suprises if all goes well but also get worried about replacements if it doesnt pan out, the club may have no option but to rewind the clock and rebuild with kids again. The major concern is that the MFC is not attractive to players at the moment.

I look forward to October but one part of me is very nervous at who we can attract/draft. We will NOT draft skinny kids, we will be after players who are ready to go Round 1, 2013 - The club knows its running out of time to keep members on side.

Curve balls that I'd keep an eye on: (These are not the views of the club but my own, chinese whispers)

Stef Martin to be traded.

Jai Sheahan to be upgraded as a KPF prospect.

Clint Bartram/Aaron Davey to retire.

Jared Rivers to chase success.

Royal out, Ratten in.

Bruce & Junior offered a mentoring role off field.

Players brought in from Adelaide, WA & Brisbane.

Anyway all the best this week, I fly back to work tomorrow, dont stress out too much - its only a game remember!!

PS: I dont intend to be the worlds best speller or have elite punctuation, all I do is get it in text well enough for you to read! I dont work in an office. :)

Thanks for the info HG.

Any news on when we are getting rid of B Royal and who will replace him?

How was your day WYL? :)

i think WYL's saying, as we all feel, well most feel.

The Honeymoon is over with the administration, as you alluded to in your post HG, saying the club recognises this.

IMO this Is a Healthy position for our supporters to adopt, to keep the anger & hold the board accountable, to keep things sharp, with no comfort dust settling on us.

We need to be a Rolling Stone, perpetual motion, in our relentless drive to rebuild this club minus the Culture Cobwebs.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1