The Photograph that proves the deception of the HUN

rumpole

you turd , the bloody cheek of ya , you are just a wanna be bad mouth us faithless fool dees supporter ive been a dees man for 52 years now and i never hung crap on any player that has played for us, some good some not so good , some great , but they are all demons , and who the f are you biffen ? well your a dog and you need a good biffen , im up for it , jump on carlton fool i dont like turning on my own , bugger off !

Poor old BarnDee just found the first time in Demonland history where a poster has potted a player...

BarnDee, just for you own sanity, I wouldn't open too many other threads mate.

Is it a co-incidence that the game on which the HUN is hanging its hat was between Melbourne and the Sydney Swans?

After all, the Swans were coached at the time by Paul Roos who likes to spend his time hanging as much [censored] on the Melbourne Football Club as he possibly can. He would most likely have some notes and enough of a recollection of that game to feed a HUN reporter desperate for a beat up of a story to fill some dead space in his trashy newspaper.

The same Paul Roos who, earlier that year, instructed a player to go forward but not to kick a goal which could have won a NAB Cup game for the club he was coaching. The club that only won one NAB Cup in all the time he was coach.

The same Paul Roos who, when questioned, about his direction to the player got off because he said he was joking.

It's ok for Roos to tell jokes but hearsay from unnamed officials is enough evidence to prove that an injury hit team with 2 wins out of 18 was deliberately trying to lose to a finals contender in hostile territory?

The only thing it suggests to me is that Roos was in decline as a coach in 2008 and further, that if he was the source of the information given to the hack from the HUN then his credibility is now in tatters.

Are you suggesting that perhaps the AFL should have some, any, influence or say over team selection and placement of players???

I'll answer for WJ if I may. I think the point being made is that since day dot, once teams have no hope of making the finals, they have adopted practices of putting players out for op's early, playing kids as opposed to seniors who weren't in future plans and experimenting with players in certain positions. 

These acts have certainly can grouped together and point to "we are not doing everything in our power to win at all costs". The emphasis is on the future not the present.

What WJ is saying is the AFL has always allowed these practices and this is supported by comments they have made.

Over to you WJ whether you think the AFL should try and disallow these practices. I am not a betting man but if I put big money on the Dees this weekend (and I stress, I do not believe we are tanking now), say we are 5 goals down at halftime and Neeld gets his angry pants on with team that he doesnt think is putting in - not only a blast will do - lets see how Howe goes at fullback and McDonald at full forward and teach Sylvia to be accountable by throwing him on small forward and how would Garland go as an onballer and we lost by the same 5 goal - I would be dirty - it is apparent that his moves have not given us the best chance of winning. How can you have betting on games where there are influences that come into play that can so blatantly and cruelly affect the outcome of a game.

The greatest polar opposite to this was Steven Icke playing full forward in a reserves grand final for North - for the second half of the game literally on one leg. Everything being done to win a game of football.

That's about it in a nutshell. Clubs in our position have to plan for the medium term and the long term once their hopes of making the finals are done and dusted. Winning games doesn't remain of paramount importance but developing your players and creating the best possible conditions for the club in the future remains a priority. Once you're in that situation, you still can't tell your players to lie down in a game but you're under no obligation to play your players in their best positions every week for the sake of gaining a meaningless four points.

I personally detest being put into such a position but, equally, I detest Brock McLean who came on television and claimed he left the club because of what happened in his final year. Given that we were told McLean left the club after he was offered more money from Carlton who stand accused of rorting the system in the recent past, I detest his posturing to the effect that there were lofty principles involved.

And as for the three commentators who interviewed McLean I detest their smugness and the disingenuous way in which they conducted themselves. If they were worth the value of a grain of salt as interviewers they would have asked McLean the right questions and we could all have avoided the ridiculous witch hunt that followed.

• Like 1

you turd , the bloody cheek of ya , you are just a wanna be bad mouth us faithless fool dees supporter ive been a dees man for 52 years now and i never hung crap on any player that has played for us, some good some not so good , some great , but they are all demons , and who the f are you biffen ? well your a dog and you need a good biffen , im up for it , jump on carlton fool i dont like turning on my own , bugger off !

Obviously you just stepped out of a Henry Lawson poem.

I've said a lot worse than Flash does not have a tank.

I'll meet yer 'round the back of the barber shop for a Donnybrook.

Whenever you wake up from the toilet floor.