National U18's Carnival

Nascent

Guest KingDingAling

NO he certainly isn't.

*wink wink*

Well, look, he might well be worth it - but on what he has shown in the championships,

I dont think you could make a case for pick 3.

And before that he has been injured most the year, so I dont think he will go 3.

Gee, slow down Jack!

yes, he's been very good thus far this quarter, particularly from the centre bounces. is he natural left or natural right?

can't believe boyd is not even 17 yet. he and daniher are both monsters in vic m's forward half. essendon are going to have a very, very dangerous forward line with daniher joining the likes fo hurley and crameri.

Guest KingDingAling

Ideally, we get Wines at 3, 4 is open for us and we use pick 12/13 to package with a player to get Jack Martin.

Martin will definately be hot property, but we are well placed with our second compo pick for sure.

Then we get Viney second round.

And I tell you what, if we sparingly play Viney and milk it a bit when we do play him in the VFL,

then GWS and GC probably wont risk taking him, especially when GWS desperately need a ruckman

and GC wouldnt pass up Whitfield if we arent bluffing - or even Wines, who I think is the best in the pool.

Can sEe why there is a lot of excitement at top end of this year's draft. Some outstading talent.

Yep, I'm getting more and more confident that Viney will slip through to the 2nd round... just too much talent at the top end to risk.

Yep, I'm getting more and more confident that Viney will slip through to the 2nd round... just too much talent at the top end to risk.

I could not agree more there is no way they will risk pick 1 or 2

There have been plenty of people say that Viney is slow. It couldn't be further from the truth. He has good pace and kicking skills. Love the way he plays and he was used very sparingly.

Martin and Daniher will be stars.

If Jack Martin was in this years draft and if there was no Father/ Son picks- Martin would go 2 in my opinion.Daniher was the standout. Viney due to lack of match practice would go around the 13 pick.The other standouts were Billings ( under-age)and O'Rourke.

However, this years draft is full of class and is deep.

Daniher is the best father/ son pick up since Ablett. Far better than Hawkins.

Next years draft will be even better due to the many outstanding under age players whom played in this carnival.

It is my belief that we will get Viney as our second round pick as Gold Coast will place Daniher as their first pick, GWS will go for Grundy.

Just got home from the game and was somewhat disappointed in the way Whitfield has gone the last two rounds,I believe he will slip in the pickings for this draft.

Not in order- but my top 5 are:

Daniher- Grundy- O'Rourke, Billings, Martin, Boyd.The last 3 are underage but maybe able to be be drafted under current rules.Wines, is a late first round or early second round pick IMO.After watching the tapes, I will give you my top 20 but not in any order as a lot of work still needs doing before draft time.

he might need to develop with Sellars-Viney could give him a good start ,and then he could shape himself around Glass .

Edit :sorry if those jokes are not your vintage.

But if you dont like them it's probably a case of sour grapes.

Wines looks a bit Oaken.

Guest José Mourinho

Good analysis jcb.

I agree with most of what you say, except I think the altered rules for F/S bidding mean your plan for Viney to slip through is NQR.

I still believe we'll get him 2nd round though.

Just a shame there's no Serhat Temel / Majak Daw / Matthew Panos for us to hype into the first round, before he doesn't get drafted at all...

Aliir?

watched most of both games thus far. real stand-outs in the first game for me were:

grundy (sa ruckman)

stringer (vic c winger / half forward / 3rd tall forward type)

wines (vic c in-and-under midfielder)

toumpas (smooth moving sa in- and outside mid)

kennedy (small, zippy sa outside mid / small forward)

membrey (bullocking vic c third tall forward type - be interesting to see where he fits in the afl)

whitfield (vic c ball magnet - beautiful off both sides)

based on what i've seen of the vic m-wa clash thus far, no way is viney worth #3 in the draft. still hope we get him for that second round pick tho!

I saw things differently re Viney, paricularly liked the sidesteps, pace, delivery and fierceness. I suppose you could also throw in Garlet , Martin and the tall forward from WA. Toumpas was the one I really liked though and if we cant get him Grundy would really fit the bill for us. Excellent in the ruck, very dangerous big body up forward and some aggro.