Carlton has looked pretty ordinary the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we don't play them back into form.

I agree. I am off to the game on Sunday with 14 Carlton supporters and my husband (Collingwood supporter). I am going to have to develop very thick skin for this one. I hope the boys give me something to cheer about. Even though most of the Carlton supporters are friends and work collegues, I am feeling a bit daunted.....

We'll learn a lot about a lot of players this week. There's been intense scrutiny and the playing group has been in the firing line, no-one expects us to win and neither do I but this is an undermanned Carlton and we desperately need to be competitive.

Carlton has looked pretty ordinary the last couple of weeks. Hopefully we don't play them back into form.

I remember thinking the same thing last week GTG

I agree. I am off to the game on Sunday with 14 Carlton supporters and my husband (Collingwood supporter). I am going to have to develop very thick skin for this one. I hope the boys give me something to cheer about. Even though most of the Carlton supporters are friends and work collegues, I am feeling a bit daunted.....

Yep, I'll be there too, but luckily without any Carlton supporters (I don't like to associate with that type).

The next 3 matches are the only 3 I will get to this season, I would just love for the Dees to show SOMETHING

Seems that at training yesterday Davey, Morton and Sylvia weren't in the "firsts" in the match simulations. Dropped?

If so, with Jurrah also out, wondering who'll come in. Tapscott would be one, but otherwise ....??

Soon find out.

Oracle

You make a good point for later comparison with the early Clarkson days, or maybe even years, and similar things were being said of Thompson even as late as the early rounds of the first year of their current dominance.

I guess neither were regularly flogged nearly so badly as we have been, but anyone who calls Neeld a disastrous appointment, at this stage, should cool it and thing about the re-emergence of Hawthorn and Geelong in the first decade of this millennium. Sure the Cats had some pretty good cheap F/S picks, and didn't bottom out entirely, and the Hawks only briefly, but go back to 2006 when we were the best performed Victorian team and you will find those two were really struggling. They rose very quickly after that.

The wheel turns.

In perpetual hope - monoccular

• Like 2

Seems that at training yesterday Davey, Morton and Sylvia weren't in the "firsts" in the match simulations. Dropped?

If so, with Jurrah also out, wondering who'll come in. Tapscott would be one, but otherwise ....??

Soon find out.

......mmmmmm.....interesting.

Couch?

Martin or Fitz?

Tappy.

Blease?

Edited by monoccular

I cant think of a more fascinating game in recent times. I honestly believe that sections of the media will not accept anything less than a death from exhaustion on the field sunday evening...

• Like 2

We'll learn a lot about a lot of players this week. There's been intense scrutiny and the playing group has been in the firing line, no-one expects us to win and neither do I but this is an undermanned Carlton and we desperately need to be competitive.

traditionally when stung hard enough the dees would respond

Well my neice who is 7 weeks old is comig to her first game on sunday. Luckily she wont have a clue whats going on but I have told her by the time she is old enough to know whats going on we hopefully would hve finished rebuilding and actually winning.

If Morton gets dropped but Moloney doesn't, I'll be right Royally farked off.

well...be farmed off then.

Good to see Davis named at least in the 25, and all those named have been listed in the better players regularly at Casey, but one would have to wonder just why we rookied and promoted Couch.

Melbourne team

B: James Frawley, Jared Rivers, Clint Bartram

HB: Jack Grimes, Colin Garland, Tom McDonald

C: Rohan Bail, Brent Moloney, Sam Blease

HF: Jack Trengove, Jack Watts, Brad Green

F: Jeremy Howe, Mitch Clark, James Sellar

FOLL: Mark Jamar, Lynden Dunn, Nathan Jones

I/C (from): Jamie Bennell, Jordie McKenzie, Daniel Nicholson, Joel Macdonald, Luke Tapscott, Troy Davis, James Magner

IN: Macdonald, Bail, Sellar, Dunn, Tapscott, Davis, Nicholson

OUT: Liam Jurrah (ankle), Aaron Davey, Colin Sylvia, Cale Morton

NEW: Troy Davis (Kerang/Geelong Grammar/Geelong U18s)

Well Neeld hasnt taken any crap this week. Morton I thought may be harsh but I think him getting subbed off last week didnt help and also that weak handball he did after Howe took that scramer. Davey I get has done nothing and was poor last week and Sylvia deserved to be dropped for just having a joke after the game with the swans player .Still scratching my head how he was a number 3 pick. Id still prefer Pettard over Dunn.

Melbourne team

B: James Frawley, Jared Rivers, Clint Bartram

HB: Jack Grimes, Colin Garland, Tom McDonald

C: Rohan Bail, Brent Moloney, Sam Blease

HF: Jack Trengove, Jack Watts, Brad Green

F: Jeremy Howe, Mitch Clark, James Sellar

FOLL: Mark Jamar, Lynden Dunn, Nathan Jones

I/C (from): Jamie Bennell, Jordie McKenzie, Daniel Nicholson, Joel Macdonald, Luke Tapscott, Troy Davis, James Magner

IN: Macdonald, Bail, Sellar, Dunn, Tapscott, Davis, Nicholson

OUT: Liam Jurrah (ankle), Aaron Davey, Colin Sylvia, Cale Morton

NEW: Troy Davis (Kerang/Geelong Grammar/Geelong U18s)

Well Neeld hasnt taken any crap this week. Morton I thought may be harsh but I think him getting subbed off last week didnt help and also that weak handball he did after Howe took that scramer. Davey I get has done nothing and was poor last week and Sylvia deserved to be dropped for just having a joke after the game with the swans player .Still scratching my head how he was a number 3 pick. Id still prefer Pettard over Dunn.

Petterd showed how much he wanted to play AFL with his performance a couple of weeks ago. Dunn deserves the promotion based on his game last week.

Guest Jackie

well...be farmed off then.

Good to see Davis named at least in the 25, and all those named have been listed in the better players regularly at Casey, but one would have to wonder just why we rookied and promoted Couch.

Agree with you there.